Thread: Selective service radio ad!!!

Selective service radio ad!!!

Was listening to a small town country radio station while traveling in SE MN last night. There was about a minute radio ad reminding every male has 30 days after his 18th bd to register. Went on and on about all the free stuff those who don't sign up won't get.

My wife looked at me and said wtf do they know about that we don't?

Anyone else heard these? Who are we going to war with?

$#@!ing terrifying.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They do a big push around this time of year, because a lot of people are starting college for the first time, and it goes hand-in-hand with ed.gov and financial aid paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Was listening to a small town country radio station while traveling in SE MN last night. There was about a minute radio ad reminding every male has 30 days after his 18th bd to register. Went on and on about all the free stuff those who don't sign up won't get.

My wife looked at me and said wtf do they know about that we don't?

Anyone else heard these? Who are we going to war with?

$#@!ing terrifying.
    I have heard these for years and years, nothing new. Yeah, it's gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

They even have a website called Selective Service System Registration Verification , where people can ensure you did in order to qualify for Fed jobs , Fed job training and Fed student aid .All they have to do is put in your name , date of birth and social security number , goes back to 1960 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-02-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They do a big push around this time of year, because a lot of people are starting college for the first time, and it goes hand-in-hand with ed.gov and financial aid paperwork.
    I know when I (foolishly) signed the loan papers I agreed to join selective services. :P Another of many reasons I would advise the 18 y/o me not to go to college (or at least, not the way I did it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I know when I (foolishly) signed the loan papers I agreed to join selective services.
    Don't worry, they will not be looking for you in a draft.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

There's a whole family in my area that I used to know, and every time they see me, they all have to come up to me to talk about signing up for the armed forces. It's really sad. I used to know them personally, then I went to college for a while and didn't keep in touch. Now they see me and act like we're old friends and start trying to sell me on the idea of signing up. The mother, father, and daughter are all in on it and it's sad because I used to have respect for them now the only reason they talk to me is to try to convince me to sign up.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I know when I (foolishly) signed the loan papers I agreed to join selective services. :P Another of many reasons I would advise the 18 y/o me not to go to college (or at least, not the way I did it).
    Same here (foolishly signing up.) I still won't "serve" though.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    There's a whole family in my area that I used to know, and every time they see me, they all have to come up to me to talk about signing up for the armed forces. It's really sad. I used to know them personally, then I went to college for a while and didn't keep in touch. Now they see me and act like we're old friends and start trying to sell me on the idea of signing up. The mother, father, and daughter are all in on it and it's sad because I used to have respect for them now the only reason they talk to me is to try to convince me to sign up.
    Have you told them why you won't?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll be driving to Mexico if I get drafted. I know enough Spanish to get by, though I do make mistakes.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I'll be driving to Mexico if I get drafted. I know enough Spanish to get by, though I do make mistakes.
    Swing by Virginia to pick me up

I guess if there is a draft, chat will be shut down.

I'll miss the Chat Punks.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Hrrm, I've always thought going to Canada would be the right way for me. I'm a Northerner anyways. However, since we guard that fence maybe Mexico is the way to go?

Hrrm, I've always thought going to Canada would be the right way for me. I'm a Northerner anyways. However, since we guard that fence maybe Mexico is the way to go?
    Depends on how rural the Canada/US crossing is; a lot of them close overnight and you could probably just off road it around the buildings (assuming Canada will be friendly to refugees.) My cousin said he can cross with no trouble by snowmobile/4wheeler as well. Just hope they don't send a drone after you.

I heard there's one in Minnesota that has no guards and just uses the honor system. I'm not sure if it's still like that though.

I think Canada extradites draft dodgers. If they don't then Canada it is.
    Stop believing stupid things