Thread: Ukrainian Astronomers Name A Star 'Putin-Huilo,' Which Means 'Putin Is A D**khead'

Ukrainian Astronomers Name A Star 'Putin-Huilo,' Which Means 'Putin Is A D**khead'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5568408.html

Ukrainian astronomers have taken their disdain for Russian President Vladimir Putin to the cosmos.

Together with pro-Ukraine activists, the astronomers named a star "Putin-Huilo" -- a Ukrainian insult that, loosely translated, means "Putin is a d**khead."

The star, whose official name is KIC 9696936, was given its new moniker through the Pale Blue Dot project, a nonprofit that lets people "adopt" a star for as little as $10. (The proceeds from the star adoptions are used to fund astronomy research.)

Travis Metcalfe, founder of the adopt-a-star project, told the Moscow Times that his team hadn't initially recognized the derogatory term the Ukrainian astronomers had chosen for their star.

"It says 'Putin is a d**khead,' but in Ukrainian -- so we didn't recognize what it actually said. I wasn't familiar with the term huilo," Metcalfe said.

He insisted, however, that the star will keep its new, explicit name.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why in the world is this exactly the sort of thing I expect to come out of the Ukraine?

I am sure those Ukrainian Astronomers would be loving Obama and McCain with an Heart