Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At what point in history would you say America was at it's best?

The US has always sucked. So, has every other country that ever existed. The whole premise of a country is some men are superior to other men and those men decide what is "best" for all the people. I'm nearing 40 years old and still have not encountered one man that was better suited to make decisions for me than me.

I'm of the mindset anymore, that something like 20 thousand people is like the maximum limit any "community" should ever try to achieve, after that approximate number, it seems the separation between those deciding the macro level decisions becomes totally decoupled from the micro level, and that's the inherit problem of "Countries".

I think I've probably become to Anarchist in my thinking now for ronpaulforums. He's a politician afterall.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    1880-1920

An insane amount of innovation, wealth creation and still a relative amount of freedom.

Once the damage done by WWI and the Progressive Era took hold, it's been all downhill since then, even if it didn't appear so on the surface.
    I was going to say 1890 to 1920, but yeah.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1913 was a horrible year for liberty, yes, but the country wasn't affected by 1913, until around 1920.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    If we had any sort of treaty with Korea, I'm unaware of it. Treaty or no treaty, promise to Korea or no promise, this was an undeclared war. Or was it? Did we actually have a proper declaration of war here? I don't believe we did, but it's certainly possible I'm mistaken.
    You're correct, there was no declaration of war. And, of course, the U.S. should never engage in a war that isn't declared by Congress. Whether this is a situation that merited any intervention at all is what I was questioning-- no right or wrong answer. Just a judgment call I guess.

from what i can tell id have to say 1950s-1970.

2040, when the US government was dissolved and anarcho-capitalism was implemented, to present.

June 26 1876

Determined to resist the efforts of the U.S. Army to force them onto reservations, Indians under the leadership of Sitting Bull and Crazy Horse wipe out Lieutenant Colonel George Custer and much of his 7th Cavalry at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    If you're talk'n the official country and not the continent, then I agree with Ronin Truth.
    Yes I was referring to the official country's history, but the more I thought about it and the more I read members thoughts, the more difficult it was to find anytime that resembled "best".

I do like with this answer though...

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    The US has always sucked. So, has every other country that ever existed. The whole premise of a country is some men are superior to other men and those men decide what is "best" for all the people. I'm nearing 40 years old and still have not encountered one man that was better suited to make decisions for me than me.

I'm of the mindset anymore, that something like 20 thousand people is like the maximum limit any "community" should ever try to achieve, after that approximate number, it seems the separation between those deciding the macro level decisions becomes totally decoupled from the micro level, and that's the inherit problem of "Countries".

I think I've probably become to Anarchist in my thinking now for ronpaulforums. He's a politician afterall.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

My observation is that the US globally peaked around 1960. Some people in the late 1950s were already recognizing our imminent decline.

Part of the 1960s was recognizing this decline. People realized that the US could not sustain itself by continually hitting places like Vietnam.

Of course, people got tired of the sixties, and the miserable 1970s took over. That was no fun, so we reinvented ourselves in the 1980s. This decade was basically reliving our 1950s glory days.

Some people saw the folly of the 1980s, but did not know what to do. The technology of the 1990s and early 2000s was the perfect distraction to keep us from thinking too much about decline.

We could only go so far with technology, and so 2008 hit us pretty good. The apparent uptick right now is just that. We are still declining. Asia is up. America is down. There are still diehards who refuse to recognize this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Up until the Whiskey Rebellion. 1791
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I think a key point that decided this country's fate in terms of future global interventionism was the Marshall Plan which eventually led to the creation of NATO & EU.
    Don't forget to add in the Rothschild's UN (NWO, one world government prototype and trial balloon, after the failed Wilson (Rothschild) League of Nations fiasco and embarrassment).
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 09-01-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Up until the Whiskey Rebellion. 1791
    Correct answer
    “The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post

I think around 40% of us here are ancaps. Some people will give you grief for it, but hey, that's life. I still support Ron Paul... heck I even support Rand Paul though he's not nearly my ideal candidate. But as a principle, at the end of the day, I want a stateless society.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    My observation is that the US globally peaked around 1960. Some people in the late 1950s were already recognizing our imminent decline.

Part of the 1960s was recognizing this decline. People realized that the US could not sustain itself by continually hitting places like Vietnam.

Of course, people got tired of the sixties, and the miserable 1970s took over. That was no fun, so we reinvented ourselves in the 1980s. This decade was basically reliving our 1950s glory days.

Some people saw the folly of the 1980s, but did not know what to do. The technology of the 1990s and early 2000s was the perfect distraction to keep us from thinking too much about decline.

We could only go so far with technology, and so 2008 hit us pretty good. The apparent uptick right now is just that. We are still declining. Asia is up. America is down. There are still diehards who refuse to recognize this.
    Every empire before the fall thought it self to be at the height of its power.Empires almost always fall apart fast rather than gradually.

To the OP, I'd say the post Civil War until WW1 was America at a great time.

In my life, our finest moment thus far:

And in retrospect, Ron Paul's entire time in office, which provided the life's work which led to such a grand event taking place.
    Last edited by georgiaboy; 09-01-2014 at 09:15 AM.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I think around 40% of us here are ancaps. Some people will give you grief for it, but hey, that's life. I still support Ron Paul... heck I even support Rand Paul though he's not nearly my ideal candidate. But as a principle, at the end of the day, I want a stateless society.
    I think it's a little more complicated than that. I am all-in for a totally stateless society, but I don't think the people at large are ready for it yet, and in their immaturity would make such a society even worse than the one we have now. Philosophically, I am a Voluntarist, along with Thomas Jefferson (before such a label existed) but I am not an An-Cap because I recognize the decrepit frailty of human nature in the era of sin. If the US Constitution is only fit for a moral people, then a stateless society must be super-moral to remain at peace.

Politically, I am a strict Constitutionalist. As I see it, once we get the government to abide by the Constitution, then we can go about working out maximizing liberty and prosperity, dialing it down over 1000 years less and less government and approaching the perfection of human liberty. Logically, I do not believe the world (and the people thereof) will themselves be fit for a stateless society until Kingdom come. I actually believe that one of the points of the Millennium will be to draw back human governance world wide back to the time of the Judges. IE 'a stateless society.' So sure, this is an ultimate goal, but I'm looking at 500 years from now for the first Solar Continent to declare individuals alone as sovereign.

My belief is that the best way to prepare for the government drawdown on Kingdom come, is to push the US Government back into the Constitution, flawed or not it's a lot better than what we've got, and once we establish the precedent for government obedience, we can work on the Constitution itself to maximize human liberty.

Will we ever be ready, as a people, for total liberty (a stateless society?) sure! probably half way into the Reign of Christ. This side of the Return, my goals are a little more humble.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

May 20, 1861.
    Last edited by Southron; 09-01-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

What Gunny said.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I think it's a little more complicated than that. I am all-in for a totally stateless society, but I don't think the people at large are ready for it yet, and in their immaturity would make such a society even worse than the one we have now. Philosophically, I am a Voluntarist, along with Thomas Jefferson (before such a label existed) but I am not an An-Cap because I recognize the decrepit frailty of human nature in the era of sin. If the US Constitution is only fit for a moral people, then a stateless society must be super-moral to remain at peace.

Politically, I am a strict Constitutionalist. As I see it, once we get the government to abide by the Constitution, then we can go about working out maximizing liberty and prosperity, dialing it down over 1000 years less and less government and approaching the perfection of human liberty. Logically, I do not believe the world (and the people thereof) will themselves be fit for a stateless society until Kingdom come. I actually believe that one of the points of the Millennium will be to draw back human governance world wide back to the time of the Judges. IE 'a stateless society.' So sure, this is an ultimate goal, but I'm looking at 500 years from now for the first Solar Continent to declare individuals alone as sovereign.

My belief is that the best way to prepare for the government drawdown on Kingdom come, is to push the US Government back into the Constitution, flawed or not it's a lot better than what we've got, and once we establish the precedent for government obedience, we can work on the Constitution itself to maximize human liberty.

Will we ever be ready, as a people, for total liberty (a stateless society?) sure! probably half way into the Reign of Christ. This side of the Return, my goals are a little more humble.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorfolkPCSolutions View Post
    Correct answer
    I can tell you didn't read mine

American is a fiction. Asking when America was at it's best is like asking when Narnia or Middle Earth was at it's best.

With that said, there is no better time in "America" than right now. We live in a magical era. The internet allows us to have public or private conversations without information gatekeepers. These conversations can happen instantly and in real time. For the first time, the government has little to no control over the flow of ideas.

Millions of miles of land awaiting someone to join with. No government. No guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post

The form of government that provides the most of what I believe should be correct is something I will work for. In this way I am a Constitutionalist.

America is at its best, now. Never before have there been so much quality TV and movies. The Transformers, anyone? Those movies weren't possible even 10 years ago.

And the internet? Never before have pictures of bare-breasted celebrities been in such great supply. This country rocks
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    This country rocks
    Not yet. So close though that I can smell it. Freedom as it was intended is making a comeback! WE, and that is capitalized U.S. of frikken A., the people are gonna make this happen. Law and Order. We are about to rock..............and for those about to rock...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not yet. So close though that I can smell it. Freedom as it was intended is making a comeback! WE, and that is capitalized U.S. of frikken A., the people are gonna make this happen. Law and Order. We are about to rock..............and for those about to rock...

AC/DC just finished their new album. With Angus's son Stevie in place of Malcolm, who has some undisclosed illness and almost died. Actually he might still be in the hospital.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dc-share-new-album-details-malcolm-young-health-update-20140709
    Last edited by John F Kennedy III; 09-01-2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    America is at its best, now. Never before have there been so much quality TV and movies. The Transformers, anyone? Those movies weren't possible even 10 years ago.

And the internet? Never before have pictures of bare-breasted celebrities been in such great supply. This country rocks
    ty
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    AC/DC just finished their new album. With Angus's son Stevie in place of Malcolm, who has some undisclosed illness and almost died. Actually he might still be in the hospital.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...pdate-20140709
    Good to here. I made an R.I.P. thread about AC/DC but can't seem to searchfu it. If you find it please add in this info! +rep.

After the next revolution.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Best for whom?
    Right?
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

This country was at its best during a time before I was alive, a time which really was not that great but has since been romanticized to the point that it bears no resemblance to the way that it actually was.

Also, that time was before the advent of widespread video recording, so that nobody has proof of what things were actually like, and therefore nobody can contradict my romantic notions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast