Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your thoughts on "ISIS" in Juarez, MX and calls of violence coming..

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    propaganda and hot air. the borders have been ignored for decades, no one cares... its an import for narcotics, the cartels are not going to allow some foreigners mess with their operations
    Sounds about right. Then, the cartels are not too concerned with border security as their product is usually fast tracked in.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unless they make changed, long term will be tough for ISIS. They are a fire burning through the region- locusts devouring crops. They take over by destroying. What the don't destroy, they take and sell for money- their main source of financing. That and kidnapping for ransoms. (though they did get a small oilfield and a Syrian refinery and are trying to deal some blackmarket oil which could provide some large income). That leaves little behind to sustain- they require new towns to conquer just to be able to continue. And they aren't making lots of friends along the way- pissing off survivors in the towns and cities they mowed through which isn't conducive to expanding their movement. Other "radical" Islamic movements have not been willing to support or join them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    ISIS = BILLSHEIT!!!! There's no way any group of "terrirists" from overseas can make any kind of impact here. Even if a couple of them get here and try to kill some people as long as we have firearms they will be cut down before they can do much damage. Does that mean no one will get killed? No, I'm sure some will die but we must put everything into perspective. 10's of thousands die each year from car accidents. More from fires and drowning. Do we eliminate all liberty so that people will not die from those things? I say that for the most part these clowns are (CIA trained) poor farm boys empowered with guns and very limited in their reach. Coming here takes money and resources and I don't think they have enough to cause much damage...
    Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    What are the chances that ISIS will come to the city where you live?
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Will they be coming in MRAPS and body armour wrapped in 'the flag'..?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I think IS is pure fear mongering propaganda.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Unless they make changed, long term will be tough for ISIS. They are a fire burning through the region- locusts devouring crops. They take over by destroying. What the don't destroy, they take and sell for money- their main source of financing. That and kidnapping for ransoms. (though they did get a small oilfield and a Syrian refinery and are trying to deal some blackmarket oil which could provide some large income). That leaves little behind to sustain- they require new towns to conquer just to be able to continue. And they aren't making lots of friends along the way- pissing off survivors in the towns and cities they mowed through which isn't conducive to expanding their movement. Other "radical" Islamic movements have not been willing to support or join them.
    I totally agree. Running a country is not easy. They will have their hands full just trying to keep control of their own territory much less, thinking of complex plans to attack the United States without an air force, or a navy. Even if they are successful, I'm sure more Americans die every year from McDonalds than ISIS attacks.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    1. Stop all immigration for at least the next 10-50 years. We've already had enough immigration over the last 200 years. Immigration was perhaps helpful in this nation's early years. Nowadays, however, it brings us gifts like 9/11 and the Boston Marathon bombings. If there is some compelling reason why we MUST continue to have immigration, we should at the very least reduce our annual immigration flow to a manageable number (ie, less than 1000 immigrants per year).

2. Put our military on all borders (coasts included).

3. Withdrawal our military from the Middle East. There is no reason for us to risk the death of even one single more US soldier merely to conduct pointless nation building campaigns in Muslim lands. Furthermore, without a US boogeyman for Muslim extremists to scapegoat against, their rationale for violence and whatever moral high ground they have within their own culture would weaken.

Some may call my view "isolationist". I call it facing reality.
    Last edited by THX 1138; 09-02-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123