Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Shows Man Gunned Down by Cops in OH Walmart Was Leaning on Air Rifle,Not Holding It

Video Shows Man Gunned Down by Cops in OH Walmart Was Leaning on Air Rifle,Not Holding It

The cctv video shows he was leaning on the air rifle, not holding it, not pointing it. Leaning on it "like it was a cane." Of course, leaning on an actual cane could get you shot by police also, so that's hardly a defense anymore.

Yet another summary execution by police. They got yet another exaggerated 911 call from some ninny and came ready to take out a bad guy. Maybe the grand jury will do the right thing and indict the killers (yeah, right).

Another interesting point I saw on another board, open-carry activists have been known to carry *real* AR-15s into department stores, and none have been gunned down (yet) -- so just simply having your hand on a rifle isn't just cause to be summarily executed (though I'm sure some of those open-carry guys would say this guy deserved it , for some reason or another).

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/2...attorney-says/

Video shows police shot Ohio man ‘on sight’ as he leaned on toy gun in Walmart, attorney says
    By Travis Gettys
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 14:55 EDT

Surveillance video shows an Ohio man talking on a cell phone, leaning on a toy gun, and facing away from officers moments before police shot and killed him in a Walmart store, according to an attorney for the man’s family.

John Crawford III died Aug. 5 after police were called to Walmart in Beavercreek, near Dayton, by another shopper who reported a man carrying what appeared to be an AR-15 rifle.

The 22-year-old Crawford was instead carrying an unpackaged MK-177 (.177 caliber) BB/pellet rifle he picked up in the store’s toy department.

Police claim Crawford ignored their commands to drop the weapon, and the former Marine who called in the report and witnessed the shooting said Crawford “looked like he was going to go violently.”

But attorney Michael Wright said surveillance video from the incident, which Ohio’s attorney general allowed him to watch with Crawford’s family, contradicted those accounts.

“John was doing nothing wrong in Walmart, nothing more, nothing less than shopping,” Wright said.

The attorney said surveillance video showed Crawford facing away from officers, talking on the phone, and leaning on the pellet gun like a cane when he was “shot on sight” in a “militaristic” response by police.

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced Tuesday handed the case over to a special prosecutor to present to a grand jury Sept. 22.

snip

Wright said the family objected to the piecemeal release of evidence, such as dispatch audio and video on the day of the shooting, was biased toward the police.

“Everything released is one-sided,” Wright said. “There is nothing favorable to John Crawford. You can’t show different pieces, show it all, don’t trickle pieces to gain favor of the public.”

He said the video suggests Crawford probably did not see or hear officers as they arrived.

Crawford was speaking by cell phone to his girlfriend, who was with his parents, when he was shot.

“He said he was at the video games playing videos, and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were,” said LeeCee Johnson, the mother of his two children. “The next thing I know, he said, ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting, and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him.”

Johnson put the phone on speaker mode, and she and Crawford’s parents heard him die.

“I could hear him just crying and screaming,” Johnson said. “I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

A 37-year-old woman at the store suffered an unspecified medical emergency after the shooting and died a short time later.

Sgt. David Darkow, one of the officers involved in the shooting, has already been allowed to resume his duties.

The other officer, Sean Williams, remains on administrative leave.

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-30-2014 at 03:53 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Nah, I'm sure the "medical condition" that caused the woman to die had absolutely nothing to do with hearing shots fired, and cops screaming "get out of the store!". Just a bizarre coincidence.

Kind of like how people die of complications from an enlarged heart after being hit in the head a dozen times with a nightstick. Tragic, but not the cop's fault.

carrying an unpackaged MK-177 (.177 caliber) BB/pellet...
    are they usually packaged...

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 08-30-2014 at 05:14 AM.

ooooohhhh! it's branded as a "tactical" air rifle and it's black!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Crosman-MK...Black/27254978

sweet little pellet/BB gun - yes multi-ammo!

-t

Here is a video interview starts at 3:27 where the events of the Walmart surveillance video is described by Crawfords father and attorney who was able to watch it.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-...hooting/nhCGy/

. It would be "playing with dynamite" to release the Walmart surveillance video of Beavercreek police shooting and killing John Crawford III because it may hinder prosecution of any defendants, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said.

In an exclusive interview with the newspaper, DeWine said Friday that releasing the video of the Aug. 5 police-involved shooting would allow a defense attorney to argue about a tainted jury pool.
    Since the defendants in this case are the cops and they're talking about a jury pool, I think it's safe to infer the contents of the store video. If it were video of the same guy robbing a minimart do you think the cops would be sitting on the video or would it be all over the evening news? Farmer Mike gives special treatment to his sheepdog.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    are they usually packaged...

-t
    They are in a box and usually wrapped with a security device.

They are also not in the toy department but the sporting goods department with the other air rifles.

They look comparable to a SCAR but are all plastic.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the air rifle and box. The box is the same size and dimension as the air rifle.

This would be the device used on it.

You couldn't get the air rifle out of the box if it was on it.

Video should be released. (of course, and regardless)
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Maybe he bought or was going to buy the floor model (no box) or a returned/refurbished item.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Maybe he bought or was going to buy the floor model (no box) or a returned/refurbished item.
    They're all in the box. No floor model.

Could have been a returned item if he was the one coming in to return it (absent a box).

I think they would have mentioned had he walked in the store with it and as well the family probably would have mentioned that he had one. The way the news cannot (from police reports, probably) establish that the air rifle, which will kill birds and possibly a person, (I suppose), was not in the toys section is troublesome.

The video would certainly confirm or deny theories on the incident. It would not surprise me if he was shot holding a box.

It's a very realistic looking box.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

-t

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    The video would certainly confirm or deny theories on the incident. It would not surprise me if he was shot holding a box.

It's a very realistic looking box.
    That they are not releasing it SCREAMS he was shot and killed for holding a box...

-t

Police claim Crawford ignored their commands to drop the weapon, and the former Marine who called in the report and witnessed the shooting said Crawford “looked like he was going to go violently.”
    This whole thing stinks to high heaven. So the Marine couldn't tell it was a air rifle and panicked? Really?
    "The Patriarch"

It would be "playing with dynamite" to release the Walmart surveillance video of Beavercreek police shooting and killing John Crawford III because it may hinder prosecution of any defendants, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said.
    Uh, that would be a negative mush mouth. The jury would see the video during a trial. Guess we can't have them influenced by all those pointed Youtube comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

-t
    Doesn't matter if it was packaged or not. If he didn't threaten anyone with the air rifle then it matters none whether the air rifle was in a box or not. Open carry is legal in Ohio and Walmart doesn't prohibit it. This man was shot down in cold blood.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Doesn't matter if it was packaged or not. If he didn't threaten anyone with the air rifle then it matters none whether the air rifle was in a box or not. Open carry is legal in Ohio and Walmart doesn't prohibit it. This man was shot down in cold blood.
    but the officers feared for their lives, which is the most important thing
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Pics of people carrying *real* rifles in stores -- better gun 'em all down !

Nice AK ^
    I wonder what stock that is?
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Hundreds of people showed up at a rally at that Walmart yesterday -- it's just too bad that idiot Al Sharpton is getting involved. A rally to support the police will be held today ...

http://www.whio.com/news/news/john-c...ercreek/nhCcJ/

pdated: 5:28 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014 | Posted: 1:23 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 30, 2014
    Protestors: Al Sharpton to be in Beavercreek

BEAVERCREEK —

UPDATE @5:27 p.m.: Several hundred people showed up at a rally today at the Walmart in Beavercreek in support of the release of surveillance video that shows the shooting of John Crawford III.

The Fairfield man died after being shot by Beavercreek Police after a Riverside man called 911 to report that Crawford was in the store with a gun.

snip

Those at the rally were calling for Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine to release the store's surveillance footage to the public.

Several speakers at the rally accused DeWine of reneging on releasing the footage to the public.

Derrick Foward, president of the Dayton Unit NAACP, told the crowd that DeWine had told him in a meeting that he would release the video, but then went back on his word.

snip

He said the case is scheduled to be heard Sept. 22 by a Greene County grand jury.

UPDATE @ 2 p.m.: Protestors announced to the crowd that civil rights activist Al Sharpton will be in the Beavercreek area on Sept. 18.

snip

A rally supporting Beavercreek police is set to happen on Sunday.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-31-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    A rally to support the police will be held today ...
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Every time this story rolls by I can't help but wonder if someone was staked out waiting for someone to pick up a toy gun.

That's pretty sick, I know, but I can't help but wonder.

“He said he was at the video games playing videos, and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were,” said LeeCee Johnson, the mother of his two children. “The next thing I know, he said, ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting, and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him.”

Amped up cops, hut hutting about, charge into a situation they know nothing about, cause a panic, which gets one person killed in the stampede, then gun down the next person before he can even get a word out of his mouth.

Just another day in AmeriKa.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Surveillance Footage Released Shows Cold Blooded Killing of Unarmed Man by Off Duty Chicago Cop

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/col...p-caught-tape/

Search did not turn up a match to this story.

Chicago – The brutal killing of an unarmed Chicago man outside a west side CHA housing project on September 7, 2013 by an off duty Chicago police officer, Kenneth Walker, has sparked outrage as recently released surveillance video contradicts virtually everything officer Walker, who shot and killed Marlon Horton, claimed happened prior to the shooting.

Horton had gone to the complex to meet his girlfriend Rhonda Day in the early morning hours Saturday morning. Day had spent the night at her mother’s apartment in the building.

When Horton arrived the security guards wouldn’t allow him to enter, one of which was the off duty cop that eventually killed him. Horton’s cell phone had died so he was not able to call Day to let him into the building.

Horton left the lobby and urinated on or near Walker’s SUV. At this point the female security guard says to Walker, “He is not f**king pissing,” and both Walker and the female security guard then exit the building to confront Horton.

The officer and security guard make absolutely no attempt to arrest Horton, in fact judging by the video the only intention for going outside was to confront/assault him. Never once do they have cuffs out or is any attempt made to subdue.

The officers clearly aren’t in fear of their lives or concerned that the public is in imminent danger, as the video clearly shows people coming and going from the building as they are engaging Horton.

Officer Walker, during the investigation of the killing, prior to being aware that video of the incident existed, claimed that he and the security guard never initiated any physical contact with Horton, and in fact claimed that Horton knocked him to the ground and overpowered him when he attempted to take him into custody and began to pummel him with punches.

Clearly this is blatant fabrication used as a means to justify shooting Horton. In fact, what can clearly be seen happening in the video is in stark contrast to officer Walker’s version of events.

Walker never attempts to take Horton into custody, his cuffs never come out, and the only physical contact was actually officer Walker kicking Horton in the chest. There are no attempts to take anyone into custody. The only time Horton gets physical is to defend himself after he is assaulted by these two jackboot thugs.

Walker was simply angry that Horton urinated on his vehicle and decided he was going to assault him as a means of revenge, not realizing the entire incident was being caught on camera. These actions are completely unprofessional, but add in the fact that he subsequently draws his firearm on an unarmed man and proceeds to shoot and kill him makes one question the mental health of this officer.

He is clearly not fit to be a law enforcement officer. No procedure was followed, as you don’t draw your weapon without an intention of potentially using it, yet both the security guard and Walker have their weapons drawn without any justification. You can clearly see that there was no threat of deadly force being used against them causing them to fear for their lives.

Man Dies After Cops Use Tasers as Cattle Prods 13 Times, Forcing Him To Walk

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/man...s-cattle-prod/

The autopsy ruled the death a homicide.

East Point Police Department in Georgia has a very clear policy against tasers being used to “escort or prod” suspects or being used on handcuffed suspects, and this case is a very clear example of why.

A lawsuit has been filed on behalf of the family, including the 7 month old son, of 24 year old Gregory Towns, who died after being tased 13 times in 29 minutes. Two officers repeatedly shocked this man’s body for a total of 47 seconds… while unarmed and handcuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post
    Surveillance Footage Released Shows Cold Blooded Killing of Unarmed Man by Off Duty Chicago Cop

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/col...p-caught-tape/

Search did not turn up a match to this story.

Chicago – The brutal killing of an unarmed Chicago man outside a west side CHA housing project on September 7, 2013 by an off duty Chicago police officer, Kenneth Walker, has sparked outrage as recently released surveillance video contradicts virtually everything officer Walker, who shot and killed Marlon Horton, claimed happened prior to the shooting.

Horton had gone to the complex to meet his girlfriend Rhonda Day in the early morning hours Saturday morning. Day had spent the night at her mother’s apartment in the building.

When Horton arrived the security guards wouldn’t allow him to enter, one of which was the off duty cop that eventually killed him. Horton’s cell phone had died so he was not able to call Day to let him into the building.

Horton left the lobby and urinated on or near Walker’s SUV. At this point the female security guard says to Walker, “He is not f**king pissing,” and both Walker and the female security guard then exit the building to confront Horton.

The officer and security guard make absolutely no attempt to arrest Horton, in fact judging by the video the only intention for going outside was to confront/assault him. Never once do they have cuffs out or is any attempt made to subdue.

The officers clearly aren’t in fear of their lives or concerned that the public is in imminent danger, as the video clearly shows people coming and going from the building as they are engaging Horton.

Officer Walker, during the investigation of the killing, prior to being aware that video of the incident existed, claimed that he and the security guard never initiated any physical contact with Horton, and in fact claimed that Horton knocked him to the ground and overpowered him when he attempted to take him into custody and began to pummel him with punches.

Clearly this is blatant fabrication used as a means to justify shooting Horton. In fact, what can clearly be seen happening in the video is in stark contrast to officer Walker’s version of events.

Walker never attempts to take Horton into custody, his cuffs never come out, and the only physical contact was actually officer Walker kicking Horton in the chest. There are no attempts to take anyone into custody. The only time Horton gets physical is to defend himself after he is assaulted by these two jackboot thugs.

Walker was simply angry that Horton urinated on his vehicle and decided he was going to assault him as a means of revenge, not realizing the entire incident was being caught on camera. These actions are completely unprofessional, but add in the fact that he subsequently draws his firearm on an unarmed man and proceeds to shoot and kill him makes one question the mental health of this officer.

He is clearly not fit to be a law enforcement officer. No procedure was followed, as you don’t draw your weapon without an intention of potentially using it, yet both the security guard and Walker have their weapons drawn without any justification. You can clearly see that there was no threat of deadly force being used against them causing them to fear for their lives.

Well well...Piss on a cops car...and it will be the last thing you ever do...

Oh yes...He "LUNGED" for the officer's weapon...FIVE FEET AWAY! "Because you know them n**** got real long arms and can jump real far...so it was justified." What a crock of $#@! of officer safety. "Kill a mundane...Then time to go for coffee...I love the smell of dead mundane in the morning..." Psychopaths.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/26...-seeks-justice

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) -

The shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri has prompted calls for more police to start wearing cameras that would record their behavior.

Now, FOX 32 News has the story of a fatal shooting of an unarmed man that was caught on video in Chicago. However, the victim's family said they're still seeking justice.

Video from a surveillance camera in the lobby of a CHA building on the near West Side shows 28-year-old Marlon Horton in a baseball cap, the brother of Jarrod Horton.

“He was my younger brother, he was a good guy, like any younger brother,” Jarrod said.

Marlon was at the CHA building to pick up his girlfriend, but his cellphone had died. Security guards would not let him upstairs, and one of those guards was an off-duty Chicago Police Officer.

Marlon eventually leaves and then urinates on or near the officer's SUV. He then exchanges words with the two guards, until the off duty-cop appears to initiate a scuffle. As Marlon escapes, he appears to pull out some of the female guard's hair.

Both guards then pull out their weapons.

The verbal exchanges continue, and as Horton is moving toward the off-duty officer, the officer shoots him. Jarrod Horton's civil rights lawsuit alleges the shooting was not justified. It identifies the off-duty cop as Kenneth F. Walker.

“It's hard to see them in a situation where he didn't have to die, you know? I felt like they just murdered him,” Jarrod said.

Last year after the shooting, a police spokesperson said the officer shot, quote, "in fear for his safety." Police reports suggest Marlon lunged for the officer's weapon. The Horton's family attorney, Jeffrey Granich, said the video suggests otherwise.

Despite the fact that the police say he was going for a weapon, he's five feet away from a police officer who basically executes him,” Granich said.

Granich said the guards could have backed off and called for help, or if necessary, subdue Marlon without using their weapons.

Marlon's lawyer also claims that the conduct of the two security guards after the shooting on West Monroe was just as shocking at the shooting itself.

“I believe what the video shows is a complete disregard for his safety, his well-being, and ultimately his life,” Granich added.

After the shooting, the video shows Officer Walker walking back into the building. Police reports said both guards called 911. Marlon can be seen still moving in the video, but neither guard appears to offer any assistance.

She picks up her morning coffee as my client is dying at her feet. She doesn't attempt to stop the bleeding, she doesn't attempt to provide first aid, she makes sure she gets her coffee,” Granich said.

The security company did not respond to FOX 32's questions. Our efforts to reach the two guards themselves on Tuesday were unsuccessful.

So, did either of them have an obligation to help Marlon once he was shot?

Under the law they really have no duty to rescue the person. They called 911, they stepped back, they stayed on scene, they waited for Chicago fire department to arrive, and that's what they're supposed to do,” said veteran defense attorney Joe Lopez. (Wait!?! What!?!? But...but.....but...there job is to protect and serve? I don't understand...They don't have to rescue people??? But....but...they are HEROES!!!)

Law professor Richard Kling, also a defense attorney, disagrees.

“I would think they have an obligation to at least comfort the individual and keep the individual comforted until medical assistance comes and does what they're supposed to do. Police take an oath to serve and protect, and I think serving and protecting is more than just calling 911,” Kling said.

In two weeks, it'll be one year since Marlon Horton was killed. His family is planning a vigil on September 6.

The Independent Police Review Authority's investigation into the shooting is not yet complete. A CHA spokesperson would not comment on the shooting, and a Chicago police spokesman told FOX 32 the department takes the issue of office-involved shootings seriously, but cannot comment due to the ongoing IPRA investigation.
    Last edited by Mani; 08-31-2014 at 09:07 PM.

He is clearly not fit to be a law enforcement officer. No procedure was followed, as you don’t draw your weapon without an intention of potentially using it

Must not have gotten the memo.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Good job by the government, again... turning the people upon each other. That's how the ruling and deadly force class work in the nuevo JUST-US system.

This all returns to the Marxist Nazis, with both their propaganda and brainwashing fear into people. Well, I guess the only consolation prize is to file lawsuits against, the PD, WALMARX, and the that dumbass ex-psyco-jarhead.

Always remember where this $#@! started:

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

A 37-year-old woman at the store suffered an unspecified medical emergency after the shooting and died a short time later.
    Um... begs the question, did she get shot by cops unloading on the other victim? 37-year-olds generally don't just die on the spot like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast