Thread: PATIENT HAS A LONG STANDING MENTAL ILLNESS WHICH HAS BEEN LARGELY

PATIENT HAS A LONG STANDING MENTAL ILLNESS WHICH HAS BEEN LARGELY

CONTROLLED BY MEDICATIONS UNTIL HE ENROLLED IN A CLINICAL PHARMACEUTICAL TRIAL. PATIENT IS HIGHLY AGITATED, DELUSIONAL, RELIGIOUSLY PREOCCUPIED, HAS RACING AND INCOHERENT THOUGHTS WITH PRESSURED SPEECH. PATIENT IS UNPREDICTABLE WITH AGGRESSIVE OUTBURSTS. DURING THIS HOSPITALIZATION PATIENT HAS LUNGED AT, SWUNG AT, PUSHED, SPIT AND ATTEMPTED BITING STAFF AND PEERS. PATIENT HAS ALSO DESTROYED PORTIONS OF HIS CHART BY PUTTING PARTS OF THE CHART IN A TOILET AND URINATING ON IT. PATIENT'S THREATENING BEHAVIORS ARE BASED ON PSYCHOTIC DELUSIONS. PATIENT CONTINUES TO REFUSE MEDICATIONS THAT WOULD IMPROVE HIS SYMPTOMS AND LESSEN HIS THREATENING BEHAVIORS.

Based on the evidence and having heard argument of counsel, the Magistrate finds that clear and convincing evidence was presented to prove that the patient suffers from an apparent or manifest mental illness diagnosed as Psychotic Disorder. The nature and extent of this illness and the accompanying behavior exhibited by patient is (noted above in CAPS)

As a result of the above referenced mental illness, the patient has refused voluntary placement for treatment after sufficient and conscientious explanation and disclosure of the purpose of placement. The patient is unable to determine for himself whether placement is necessary.

There is a substantial likelihood that in the near future the patient will inflict serious bodily harm on himself or another person, as evidenced by recent behavior causing, attempting, or threatening such harm;

All available, less-restrictive treatment alternatives, which would offer an opportunity for improvement of the patient's condition, are inappropriate.

Based upon the findings, the Magistrate recommends that MY BROTHER be involuntarily placed in a public facility as authorized by section 394.467, Florida Statutes(2013), for a period not to exceed six (6) months. It is further recommended that a Guardian Advocate be appointed for the duration of the involuntary placement.

Dated at St.Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida, August 27, 2014
    Last edited by newbitech; 08-30-2014 at 12:01 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did you have a question or a point to your post?

//
    Last edited by newbitech; 08-30-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Did you have a question or a point to your post?
    this is an activist forum.

Who and where did this happen?

//
    Last edited by newbitech; 08-30-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Kidnapped.

Ahh, gotcha. I remember you posting about him. Did he ever use violence against people before he was institutionalized?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Ahh, gotcha. I remember you posting about him. Did he ever use violence against people before he was institutionalized?
    never, those behaviors above are all defensive. I haven't see my brother in a more coherent frame of mind than listening to him defend his right to refuse medications. He is sick of 15 years of meds that aren't working. Sick of having his medications switched around. He was tricked into going to this study for money. After the study, he stopped taking meds. After stopping the meds he detoxed for about 6 months and was doing fine until his outpatient nurse tried to force him to go back on his old meds. He refused. She threatened baker act, i intervened, he went back on his normal meds, he was fine.

He trespassed on public property and got into an argument with a neighbor friend and was stabbed. He was arrested for stalking in his neighborhood (all mental patients) on false allegations (same neighbor who stabbed him). Sat in jail for 38 days with no formal charges, was supposed to be released to his family for voluntary intake in to the hospital of his choice for a 2-4 week crisis intervention and then released back to outpatient and was instead baker acted before leaving the jail.

And here we are.
    Last edited by newbitech; 08-30-2014 at 12:12 AM.

If you are interested in a similar story about an activist, read this. I will be contacting her soon.

Mother Banned From Treatment Team

Damn, I'm not sure which would be worse place for him between the jail and the state hospital.

trust me, it's the state hospital, BY FAR

I cannot believe I didn't see this issue and it's been right under my nose for the past 15 years. Seriously, this issues touches everything. I'm going to be activating on this and I really hope my friends in liberty rally to the cause.

This touches the core of all of us and what liberty means IMO. I am still taking it all in but no $#@!. Oh My God, this is seriously evil $#@! going on.