Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Benton resigns as Mitch McConnell's campaign manager

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Because you are inferring at this point. That's all you are doing. Get the proof that it is being spent on Benton and come back with that. If you can, I will be pissed off right along with you.

There you go again with your modus operandi. I already responded to these claims once.

Lori was their bookkeeper. Big F'in deal.

Yes, I was a horrible person for repeating what someone I knew high up in the campaign told me that I asked about the money. I wasn't pleased to find out that what was told me was incorrect. Hang me, $#@!.

You, on the other hand, joined these forums to run around and make innuendos. There has been some truth, yes, but a whole hell of a lot of innuendo. You have done very little else.

You haven't answered my question. ARE YOU DONDERO, OR JUST BEHAVE LIKE HIM?

Because you are inferring at this point. That's all you are doing. Get the proof that it is being spent on Benton and come back with that. If you can, I will be pissed off right along with you.
    Kent Sorenson faces $500,000 in FEES/FINES after pleading guilty, what do you think the campaign is going to face?
    I haven't been wrong about anything posting here (mod edit) the FACTS regarding the FEC IS investigating Ron Paul 2012 and multiple staffers were listed in the investigation AS I LINKED. Just because you can't add 2+2 and get 4, and instead repeatedly type digital diarrhea to tell us 2+2 = 5 doesn't make it true.

Just because a lying, corrupt, dishonest campaign might finally be appearing in front of your eyes, you can't admit it even now with PROOF. YOU were defending it repeatedly along with Matt Collins (and still trying to give them the benefit of the doubt even now, LOL!), that ISN'T MY PROBLEM. The fact you hate the TRUTH, is disgusting.

And the staffer being jailed issue wasn't mentioned by me. It was mentioned by someone else. I asked for a reference to it, and unlike you taking people at their word, I went and found it. And shared what I found. Do you have proof that the staffer didn't go to jail? Is there more to that story (I actually tried to find the lady via a Google search, but didn't find anything)? I asked for a reference, but went researching on my own. (Mod edit)

(Mod edit), no I'm not Dondero. Not that it has ANYTHING to do with a lying, corrupt, dishonest, garbage of a campaign. Nice try at an ad hominem and trying to change the topic, (mod edit).
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 08-31-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added link to Compost article on fines owed

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Let's please drop all of the name calling, it's not adding anything of value to this important discussion.

Also, let's try to be clear what is fact, how it is known and what is speculation or your viewpoint.

Thank you.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

The questions are valid, but only Ron Paul supporters would think that posting the request on the internet is a wise choice, rather than sending him a private letter.
    I know comprehension isn't a strong point with you, but my gosh, it's clearly stated in the letter:
    "Last year (2013) I sent you the memorialized text message exchange I had with Steve Bierfeldt along with other evidence of your staffer's inappropriate behavior toward others. Did you do anything about it?"

He sent information to Ron in 2013, and apparently hasn't heard anything back. It's not his fault he did exactly what you said should have been done, and hasn't heard anything on it in at least 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    the 2008 campaign was definitely more exciting, I think. We didn't have people running around telling the grassroots that they didn't know what they were doing
    Yes we did, I forget her name but the campaign had her flying all around the country telling us we were doing it wrong.

Edit: I remember now, Anita Andrews
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-31-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    I didn't leave anything out, liar. I asked about the 1988 staffer going to jail, and the story on it. I even provided the link where I found it.
    It is best to use the quote feature when posting to make it clear what you are writing and what is quoted from another source.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    What did Jesse Benton know and when did he know it?
    kylejack glad to see your still around, +rep for being one of the only ones back in Dec. 2011 that was keeping a level head and asking the right questions at the time.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It is best to use the quote feature when posting to make it clear what you are writing and what is quoted from another source.
    Well, I put the text in "" and just updated it with the quote feature (had never used it before), and even provided the original link to the article where I found it. Clearly, I wasn't trying to leave anything out, and was only looking for what someone else had commented on about a staffer from the 1988 campaign being jailed. She is simply an avid liar, making repeated false accusations, and always trying stir the pot and blame supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    kylejack glad to see your still around, +rep for being one of the only ones back in Dec. 2011 that was keeping a level head and asking the right questions at the time.
    And even getting negative repped then by LibertyEagle, for making level headed posts. Not much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Thanks!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And even getting negative repped then by LibertyEagle, for making level headed posts. Not much has changed.
    I've got one up on you. LibertyEagle gave me an infraction on my permanent RPF record when she was a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I've got one up on you. LibertyEagle gave me an infraction on my permanent RPF record when she was a mod.
    Me too, so we're even.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Actually it's not. There is no law, that I know of, that says someone must have any accounting training to be the treasurer of a political campaign.
    What's your point? His daughter had done bookkeeping before and he trusted her. It's a no-brainer that she would do it for his campaign.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I see that there's a lot of infighting here, and there isn't a good reason for it. We are all on the same side people, there's no reason for personal grudges. Remember that political power corrupts, I think we are seeing good evidence of how that happens in this movement.

To the people that hate on the campaign staff, you should realize that handing out 9/11 truth material at a Ron Paul event is not the best course of action. It's best to tailor your message to your audience and make sure that the things you say are balanced and level headed. Rand Paul is a good example of the success of this approach to things, and it's hard to argue with his results. A lot of the people in the campaign were simply trying to effectively spread the message in the best way possible in order to get the man they love elected.

And to people that defend the campaign above all else, you may want to re-evaluate things. We have evidence that the campaign was full of a lot of clearly dishonest people who were pursuing their own agenda. I think the fact that the campaign ended with over $1,000,000 unspent is good evidence of this. Money which was given in good faith that it would be used to elect Ron Paul was diverted to other things. Just look at the current situation we have achieved with all of our political manipulation and sacrifice of good will. Ron Paul was not elected, he never even came close, and all of the energy has been sucked out of the movement he dedicated his life to build.

I myself spoke out against what I saw as unscrupulous financial behavior in the movement back in 2011, and my reward was to be shouted down and banned from the Daily Paul.

But all of this is in the past. I think we should shake hands and remain friends, and work together to focus our energies on what we can build in the future.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 08-31-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    I see that there's a lot of infighting here, and there isn't a good reason for it. We are all on the same side people, there's no reason for personal grudges. Remember that political power corrupts, and I think we are seeing good evidence of how that happens in this movement.

To the people that hate on the campaign staff, you should realize that handing out 9/11 truth material at a Ron Paul event is not the best course of action. It's best to tailor your message to your audience and make sure that the things you say are balanced and level headed. Rand Paul is a good example of the success of this approach to things, and it's hard to argue with his results. A lot of the people in the campaign were simply trying to effectively spread the message in the best way possible in order to get the man they love elected.

And to people that defend the campaign above all else, you may want to re-evaluate things. We have evidence that the campaign was full of a lot of clearly dishonest people who were pursuing their own agenda. I think the fact that the campaign ended with over $1,000,000 unspent is good evidence of this. Money which was given in good faith that it would be used to elect Ron Paul was diverted to other things. Just look at the current situation we have achieved with all of our political manipulation and sacrifice of good will. Ron Paul was not elected, he never even came close, and all of the energy has been sucked out of the movement he dedicated his life to build.

I myself spoke out against what I saw as unscrupulous financial behavior in the movement behavior back in 2012, and my reward was to be shouted down and banned from the Daily Paul.

But all of this is in the past. I think we should shake hands and remain friends, and work together to focus our energies on what we can build in the future.
    When someone here is repeatedly lying about posts and articles, that is a good reason to correct them. LibertyEagle just flatout said the guy called Ron Paul an Anti-Semite, despite the article saying the exact opposite.

I don't know any local Ron Paul supporters that were passing out 9/11 truth material at events, and one even rented a booth at our state fair that I helped bring Ron Paul DVDs to pass out to people. For FREE. I agree 100% with tailoring your message to your audience. Some of us during both the 2008 and 2012 campaigns were saying a speech coach should be brought in to help in some areas for that very reason.

When someone here is repeatedly lying about posts and articles, that is a good reason to correct them. LibertyEagle just flatout said the guy called Ron Paul an Anti-Semite, despite the article saying the exact opposite.
    Big frickin' deal, Doyle. It's a Dondero article. You're trying to change the subject again and deflect what you did. You quoted a DONDERO article, in an effort to substantiate your latest BS, and didn't say who wrote what you quoted. lol

I don't know any local Ron Paul supporters that were passing out 9/11 truth material at events, and one even rented a booth at our state fair that I helped bring Ron Paul DVDs to pass out to people. For FREE. I agree 100% with tailoring your message to your audience. Some of us during both the 2008 and 2012 campaigns were saying a speech coach should be brought in to help in some areas for that very reason.
    (Mod edit). But, that's not the point. Most Paul supporters in '08 didn't know the first thing about how to win campaigns. It's not enough to want someone to win, you have to know the steps necessary to help them win. And no, going to rallies and waving signs aren't enough.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-31-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Liberty Eagle, jjdoyle, neither of you is changing each others mind's. Your endless argument is doing nothing except enraging each other and flooding RPF with negativity and contentiousness. You two represent two sides of the coin that is the Liberty movement. I think that you should find some common ground and hug it out.

It's clear that you are both very dedicated to the movement, and you are both stronger if you work together. Each of us separate personalities is like a different color on the spectrum. We can splinter and dissociate and go our own separate ways. Or we can remain together and strong as a beautiful rainbow.

Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 08-31-2014 at 10:46 PM.

Big frickin' deal, Doyle. It's a Dondero article. You're trying to change the subject again and deflect what you did. You quoted a DONDERO article, in an effort to substantiate your latest BS, and didn't say who wrote what you quoted. lol

You must have been blind then. But, that's not the point. Most Paul supporters in '08 didn't know the first thing about how to win campaigns. It's not enough to want someone to win, you have to know the steps necessary to help them win. And no, going to rallies and waving signs aren't enough.
    Hey (mod edit). Someone else made a claim that a Ron Paul 1988 staffer had been jailed. I asked for the source, and then went and found it myself and posted it. Nothing else to it, stupid repeat liar. And no, I wasn't blind in 2008. I volunteered at the official campaign office in VA, and saw the unprofessional staffers sitting around getting paid to apparently watch CNN news clips.

It's not the supporters that are supposed to win the campaign, it's why in 2008 we donated $20 million to it. And then $40 million in 2012.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Liberty Eagle, jjdoyle, neither of you is changing each others mind's. Your endless argument is doing nothing except enraging each other and flooding RPF with negativity and contentiousness. You two represent two sides of the coin that is the Liberty movement. I think that you should find some common ground and hug it out.

It's clear that you are both very dedicated to the movement, and you are both stronger if you work together. Each of us separate personalities is like a different color on the spectrum. We can splinter and dissociate and go our own separate ways. Or we can remain together and strong as a beautiful rainbow.

Being an avid, repeat, liar, and defender of unrepentant liars, has nothing to do with Liberty IMO.

Well all I know is I hope someone on this forum has some contact with Rand Paul either directly or through someone that can get a message relayed to him (unfiltered) that spells out the concerns about Jesse Benton many (if not most) of us have. And what seems to be a common resolution, that if it even appears that Benton did something illegal he shouldn't get anywhere close to the 2016 campaign. And also that many (if not most) have already resolved in their own minds that regardless if Benton is indicted, if he becomes the 2016 campaign manager, Rand Paul stands to lose a good amount of the most active passionate volunteers and activists Ron Paul had in 08' and 12'.

And before anyone mentions that we are a very small percentage of total supporters I'll point out that the sentiments a lot of people are making here are being echoed on a number of other pro-Paul websites right now (and have been for some time), and those that discuss issues and participate in midterm years are the ones who are going to have circles of influence that extend beyond our computer screens come the presidential election cycle. Also as we've proven with Money Bombs, Events, Support Projects, etc. much of the local organization and coordination effort in previous campaigns begin here, on the internet, this translates to total Donations and Fund-raising, Phone Banking, Voter ID, GOTV, Opposition Research, Media Response, Networking, etc. you know the stuff that wins elections.

Anyway as many here have said, without the grassroots Ron Paul (and Rand Paul for that matter) would never have become as popular as they are today, an argument could be made that the grassroots will have a major role one way or another in Rand Paul's success come 2016, is having Jesse Benton on the team really worth risking that?
    Last edited by orenbus; 09-01-2014 at 02:27 AM.

You must have been blind then. But, that's not the point. Most Paul supporters in '08 didn't know the first thing about how to win campaigns. It's not enough to want someone to win, you have to know the steps necessary to help them win. And no, going to rallies and waving signs aren't enough.
    Apparently the professional establishment solution is to bribe someone. Politics as usual? No thanks.

Yeah, it was more exciting for sure. Remember the guy who did the bait and switch with our money and ran the ad in, I think it was New Hampshire, with Giuliani in drag? Or when people threw snowballs at Hannity. Or, the RP supporters who were running around the Iowa festival thing handing out literature on vote fraud. Oh, and who can forget the guy who went on the radio in Iowa right before that straw poll, talking about vote fraud out of one side of his mouth and RP out of the other.

Fun stuff to be had by all. But, unfortunately, not too helpful in winning votes.

Face it. We had a blast, but didn't know the first thing about winning elections. We had a lot to learn and still do.
    Well, I don't know. You might say 2012's success was due to the fact that so many saw 2008 as a blast they missed out on. Unfortunately for them, the party was crashed by the 'professionals' by the time they got there 4 years later. My hope is that the giant letdown in 2012 won't dissuade people from participating in 2016, but that will be hard to judge. The variables will be different, and chiefly, Ron Paul will not be running for president again. Who knows, though? If Rand Paul were to name drop Ron Paul for say, treasury secretary, I think it would draw a lot of people in, if Ron Paul were interested in coming out of retirement for such a position. Lots of 'conservatives' liked Ron Paul on his fiscal stances, even if they vehemently disagreed on foreign policy.

2008:

2012:
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-01-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Apparently the professional establishment solution is to bribe someone. Politics as usual? No thanks.
    And apparently, it's OUR responsibility to win it. THE SUPPORTERS. The ones that gave Ron Paul 2008 nearly $20 million, and Ron Paul 2012 about $40 million.
    All she does is repeatedly belittle, lie, curse at, name-call, and make false claims against supporters and their posts that are critical of what is/was a lying, corrupt, dishonest, garbage of a campaign in 2012.

She has lied about me three times in this very thread, and lied about what an article said. Bryan and corrupt, lying, moderators have allowed her and Matt Collins to stay around for years with THIS EXACT BEHAVIOR.

The guidelines are a waste. She is stupid (dumb on purpose), and a repeat liar. Both facts, proven in this very thread. She is no more concerned with truth, than the Devil IMO.

"Something stinks about all of Rons business and campaign endevers"

Sadly there's a distructive innoncence about Ron which makes him believe all he has to deliver the "message" and that's it. He doesn't realize the "message" doesn't get heard if the "messenger" is tainted with scandal.

"Or when people threw snowballs at Hannity. "

Oh come on, you didn't get a good belly-laugh at watching Sean doing his own version of cutting and running? I know I sure did.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    . Bryan and corrupt, lying, moderators have allowed her and Matt Collins to stay around for years with THIS EXACT BEHAVIOR.
    Please flag post if you have an issue and we will address it as best possible. Please mind the guidelines as well. thank you.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "I don't personally find it very probable. The chairman of the campaign would have no knowledge of $80K going out the door? I doubt it."

Nor would he have quit his job if more stuff wasn't going to eventually come out in the near-future. Remember there are two other grand jury investigations going on right now as well. This whole story broke a year ago and obviously back then Benton didn't think it would be an impediment to being the "front" campaign manager for McConnell (does anyone honestly believe he's actually making decisions?).

I find it interesting the 2012 campaign is paying off legal firms which makes me suspicious that they're basically bankrolling Sorenson's legal defense indirectly. They may well have to pay for Jesse's too

The bottom line is the money was laundered. It was laundered through a front company, probably run by Kesari. You don't launder money that's above board or use for payment for serviced rendered. Why go through all that just to get his endorsement? There was no reason the pay Sorenson a single fricken dime. He betrayed Paul by joining the Bachmann campaign in 2011 and if he wanted to jump ship I would have told him to get in the back of the line. The reason the Bachmann campaign didn't reveal anything after they made their accusations is because they were paying him too, in violation of Iowa law, and this would have been discovered (as it eventually was). Sorenson is basically sleazy little rat looking for a payout. Where Benton comes in is what he knew about the whole scheme to begin with, which I'm sure we'll discover over due course.

What did Ron know? Probably nothing other what Benton told him. "Jesse, did you bribe a state senator?" "No sir." "Good! I'm glad to hear these charges aren't true." What more needed to be asked? Why would he think is grandson-in-law was lying to him? In Ron's world, everyone's an honest fellow because that's the only way the market works: everyone trusts everyone else to do business. Unfortunately he forgot he was dealing with people whose business is politics, where lying is part of the trade.
    Last edited by Badger Paul; 09-01-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Please flag post if you have an issue and we will address it as best possible. Please mind the guidelines as well. thank you.
    I did flag a post last night, and had one of my own deleted containing facts to a lying, stupid, response. So, again, your guidelines are crap.

So, perhaps had you and/or your moderator not deleted that post I flagged, and instead banned her, the FULL record would still be showing her as the (mod edit). Based on ACTUAL posts in this thread.

Not my problem you have a problem with the English language. Idiot is 100% accurate, based on her posts in this very thread:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/idiot

Keep sending "infractions" for stating the truth.
    Last edited by jjdoyle; 09-01-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Your flag led to 5 posts being deleted and other private actions. If you flag a post it's best not to also quote the problem area. Flame wars can be deleted in wholesale, there is no policy that we will parse through what is good vs not.

Otherwise, your use of labels against site members don't help your case, best to stick with what is important here.

Please keep on topic, this is an important matter, no need to get off topic. Thank you.

Fusaro has Sorenson on tape saying that Jesse knew about the bribe. http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/20...d_in_iowa.html

Here's the phone call where Benton is asked what he knows about the bribe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60TGUNwHDtw He denies knowing about it and asks Fusaro to send proof. Fusaro sent the proof and leaked the tape 6 months later when Benton allegedly didn't do anything about the evidence he was sent.

(Mod edit). But, that's not the point. Most Paul supporters in '08 didn't know the first thing about how to win campaigns. It's not enough to want someone to win, you have to know the steps necessary to help them win. And no, going to rallies and waving signs aren't enough.
    You know, you're starting to sound a lot like the Collinz. Please keep in mind that it doesn't do a darn bit of good if you 'know how to win an election' and won't see things through to the end.

I've never supported the truther antics, but I'll readily take 1 truther who would go down fighting to the bitter end, than 1,000,000 people who 'know how to win', yet get within a stone's throw of the finish line and quit trying. How exactly is the latter supposedly any more desirable than the former?

If there was any benefit to 2012, it was that we learned about the convention process. But that's pretty moot now, with all the rules changes the GOP enacted to essentially prevent newcomers from having any shot at becoming future delegates. Furthermore:

In Georgia, and I'm sure other states deemed 'unwinnable' by your beloved 'professionals', we had absolutely no communication with the official campaign leading into the convention. Allegedly the conventions were of some paramount importance. The 'delegate strategy', they called it. *har har pfft*. These grand strategists you adore had told us to train for the delegate process, but had obviously lost their backbone by the time it became necessary to fight. Instead of spending, say, $80,000 to help with things like getting delegates to the convention, or at least having someone from the campaign come in and offer guidance, the campaign spent our donations funneling money to politicians for endorsements, and still sits on three-quarters of a million dollars that didn't do a damn bit of good sitting in an account during the convention fights.

We knew we were going in alone. We had briefings before the convention, and we were told there would be no reinforcements at the convention fight. We were doing this ALONE. And we went down fighting, ALONE. You realize what that does for morale?

So, basically, I say:

From here on out: $#@! people who 'know how to run a campaign.' $#@! Jesse Benton. We don't need spineless 'professionals' when we have do-or-die dedicated amateurs.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 09-01-2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast