Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Benton resigns as Mitch McConnell's campaign manager

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    I hope Matt Collins was joking when he posted that.
    He was dead serious. It was a boast.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good. Now Rand can get even more serious about winning his campaign without that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    I still can't believe that there were 'liberty supporters' that actually supported this weasel. More proof that power corrupts, and that politics is a stupid disgusting slimy business.
    And trickles down and poisons the grassroots.

"I don't think that is how things work. He got Romney anointed. So there is a certain amount of pay back due. He's proven his worth and there will be many other opportunities."

Yeah, I hear there are openings on custodial staff of the Hart Senate Office Building.

"Anyone who thinks that Jesse Benton will not be a major part in Rand's Campaign is kidding themselves."

How is he going to do that behind bars? Organize a prison caucus?

Got your lawyer yet Collins?

Thank you Reason, for that wonderful headline:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Thank you Reason, for that wonderful headline:

They're on our side, donchyaknow?

Last edited by orenbus; 08-29-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    They're on our side, donchyaknow?
    With friends like that...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

after a while he'll end up on Fox or MSNBC

Unless Jesse Benton (from his statement today) is saying that the Washington Post is just making it up, it does sound like from their report that the federal investigation is now focusing on Ron Paul 2012 campaign staff in relation to payments made to Kent Sorenson.

One focus by federal prosecutors now appears to be on people involved in Paul’s 2012 operation.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ea-is-ongoing/

Edit: This story was posted (Thursday) one day before Benton's announcement that he was going to resign.
    Edit2: Okay here is the piece in the article that must have prompted Benton to consider resigning:

Jesse Benton, a Republican strategist who is married to Paul’s granddaughter, served as chairman of Paul’s 2012 campaign. He is now running Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s reelection campaign and is expected to play a significant role in a 2016 presidential bid by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

It is unclear if Benton knew about the payments made to Sorenson, but emails published last year by the TheIowaRepublican.com and OpenSecrets.org show that Benton wrote to a Sorenson associate in the fall of 2011, asking if the then-state senator would be “joining our team.”

Neither Benton nor the McConnell campaign returned requests for comment.
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-30-2014 at 12:03 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    Yeah, I hear there are openings on custodial staff of the Hart Senate Office Building.
    a perfect job for an operative - keys to every office.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Good. Now Rand can get even more serious about winning his campaign without that guy.
    And hopefully without Collins. Jesus...birds of a feather.

Well, this is great news for everyone who was worried Benton would be involved in Rand Paul 2016 -- that seems decidely unlikely now.

These $#@!heads don't know a goddamned thing about principles...and they don't even know how to fake it. Fat $#@!ing bastard jackasses.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Very sad...I hope for the sake of Ron Paul's granddaughter he finds another career that will better suit him, like selling cars.
    Or a lawyer.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was dead serious. It was a boast.
    The only time da collins isn't boasting is when he's begging for money.

Just saw Deb's post from the Sorenson plea thread the other day.
    Neither Lori Pyeatt, Ron Paul’s granddaughter and the treasurer of his 2012 presidential campaign, nor Jesse Benton, who was Paul’s campaign manager (and is now manager of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s re-election campaign), had responded to requests for comment at the time this post was published.
    http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2014...back-ron-paul/
    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    This is bad.
    The downside here is, you know the media and the feds aren't just going to stop at Jesse Benton, some innocent people are going to get caught up in this.
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-30-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    And hopefully without Collins. Jesus...birds of a feather.
    Where is Collins when we need his shepherding most?

I hope he's in prison with his pal Jesse. Wishful thinking.

Last Activity
    08-15-2014 01:01 AM

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Very sad...I hope for the sake of Ron Paul's granddaughter he finds another career that will better suit him, like selling cars.
    For her sake, she probably shouldn't have married the guy in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Last Activity
    Probably lying low as his gravy train sinks. Poor little guy.

Probably lying low as his gravy train sinks. Poor little guy.
    I hope this is the end of him but some how I doubt it.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    For her sake, she probably shouldn't have married the guy in the first place.
    Just because she is related does not make her innocent nor intelligent. Cant just hire all your family and expect them all to be upstanding individuals
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I hope he's in prison with his pal Jesse. Wishful thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Last Activity
    He was on Facebook last night talking about some dumb TV show.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Some of us who Supported Ron Paul knew we smelled $#@!,, we just didn't know who was tracking it in.

Many called this long ago,, and were disparaged for questioning the staff. (it was likely more than one)

It is unfortunate.. but it is history. Ron is not running again.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast