Thread: Who has more fun--Catholics or Protestants?

Who has more fun--Catholics or Protestants?

Maybe I should've made this a poll and included some other religions as well--

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mormons?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Well, there's fun, and then there's joy.

Of course you already knew an uppity Lutheran was going to reply with something like that.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Catholics, we don't have to pretend we don't drink.

I think the good Friar may have been a bit Druidic.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The ancients knew what they were doing.

Corporate, mass produced alcohol has really ruined beer. Beer is a natural pro-biotic drink. The yeast break down the more harmful chemicals in grain. Brewers yeast is very high in B-complex vitamins which alcohol leaches from the body and leads to hangovers. Mass produced beer filters out the nutritious yeast.

I homebrew and leave a bit of yeast in. It's a wonder food in moderation on many levels.

Baptists have the least fun

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Baptists have the least fun
    Q: Why is it wise for a Catholic to take two Baptist fishing?
    A: So they'll keep an eye on each other and not drink his beer.

Universal truths:
    Jews don't recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
    Protestants don't recognize the pope as the head of the Christian Church.
    Baptist don't recognize each other in the liquor store.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

I believe he was a Lollard, so essentially a Protestant.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

Universal truths:
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    How could that coincide with the time of Robin Hood?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Interesting, thanks. I always assumed him to be an eccentric Catholic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Catholics have the No Meat Friday thing. Kind of a bummer that you can't go have a burger after work on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    How could that coincide with the time of Robin Hood?
    Versions of Robin Hood legends changed over the centuries. Friar Tuck doesn't begin to appear in them until after the time of the Lollards in the 14th-15th centuries. And there was an outlaw Lollard, named Robert Stafford, who had a nickname Frere Tuck, or something like that. He wouldn't have been a Catholic friar, but just used the epithet frere, which means brother.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Catholics have the No Meat Friday thing. Kind of a bummer that you can't go have a burger after work on Friday.
    Not if you're drunk.

Kind of a bummer that you can't go have a burger after work on Friday.
    Sure you can,, it's Saturday somewhere.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's only during lent these days.

Both Protestants and Catholics can have lots of fun but if you put them in a group, I choose the Catholics. That alcohol thing.

Interesting... I always thought he was a badger.

Catholics, no contest here.

My Catholic family: fun, loving, argumentative, rambunctious, loves culture and food. Most of it is peasant food, but it's really good peasant food.

The Baptist in-law family: preachy, nosy, judgmental, not much culture, bad food. I mean really bad food. The great-grandparents had their 50th wedding anniversary last summer and someone decided that sloppy joes and potato chips were the thing to make it even more special. I have another in-law event to attend on Monday...more sloppy joes. I'm bringing salad, even though they requested that we bring baked beans. The only thing I hate more than sloppy joes is baked beans.

I think I understand now why my Danish grandmother used to bring her own salad dressing and seasonings, even to a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post

My Catholic family: fun, loving, argumentative, rambunctious, loves culture and food. Most of it is peasant food, but it's really good peasant food.

The Baptist in-law family: preachy, nosy, judgmental, not much culture, bad food. I mean really bad food. The great-grandparents had their 50th wedding anniversary last summer and someone decided that sloppy joes and potato chips were the thing to make it even more special. I have another in-law event to attend on Monday...more sloppy joes. I'm bringing salad, even though they requested that we bring baked beans. The only thing I hate more than sloppy joes is baked beans.

I think I understand now why my Danish grandmother used to bring her own salad dressing and seasonings, even to a restaurant.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to amy31416 again.
    I have lots of Baptists on both parents' sides. My experience with the food is very similar to yours. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    gonna have to agree. I knew nothing of anything catholic growing up but since adulthood all my best friends and lovers have had catholic backgrounds and families.

All I can say is that my experience with Baptists makes me appreciate my Catholic relatives a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Catholics, we don't have to pretend we don't drink.

I second this - we do have St. Patrick's Day btw

Oh, come on, now. This can't be a serious question.

The best movies, TV shows, and songs have elements of Catholicism. Catholics have colorful looking windows in their churches. Catholics have icons and other cool mysteries. Graduates of their parochial schools tell the best stories. Catholicism in Italy, Spain, and Latin America means they have more good looking women. Catholics even rival Jews and Islam in the joke department.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post

Universal truths:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 98 year old Mother Superior from Ireland was dying. The nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her last journey comfortable. They gave her some warm milk from their cow to drink but she refused. Then one of the nuns took the glass back to the kitchen. Remembering a bottle of Irish whiskey received as a gift the previous Christmas, she opened and poured a generous amount into the warm milk. Back at Mother Superior's bed, she held the glass to her lips. Mother drank a little, then a little more and before they knew it, she had drunk the whole glass down to the last drop. "Mother," the nuns asked with earnest, "please give us some wisdom before you die."

She raised herself up in bed and with a pious look on her face said, "Don't sell that cow.

Quote Originally Posted by extortion17 View Post
    I second this - we do have St. Patrick's Day btw
    And Fat Tuesday.