Thread: Kye the K-9 police dog is buried with full honors

Exclamation Kye the K-9 police dog is buried with full honors

Some animals are more equal than others.

Have to keep an eye on this, sounds like the cop on scene delivered a summary execution.

Kye the K-9 police dog is buried with full honors; cops investigate handler who shot animal’s killer

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1920699

In life and death, this K-9 was his human’s best friend.

An Oklahoma City police dog named Kye was laid to rest Thursday with full honors after dying in the line of duty.

During a funeral service, Kye’s human partner, Sgt. Ryan Stark, leaned over the 3-year-old dog’s flag-draped casket to give his four-legged friend a final pat.

Stark is currently under investigation for shooting and killing the armed suspect who was responsible for Kye’s death, KFOR reports.

The tragic sequence of events started on Sunday, when cops began a high speed car chase in pursuit of 22-year-old Mark Salazar. A cleaning crew reportedly saw the man break into a car. Salazar led cops on a 30 minute chase before troopers blew out his tires. Salazar crashed the car and tried to make a break for it on foot. Stark released Kye and the dog quickly caught up to Salazar.

Stark said he was preparing to call Kye off when he noticed that Salazar was stabbing his dog, OKC Fox reports.

That’s when Stark allegedly pulled out his gun and killed the suspect on the spot.
    K-9 Kye to be laid to rest Thursday
    Kye, a K-9 officer killed in the line of duty, will be laid to rest Thursday.

The officer, a 13-year veteran of the force, is on paid administrative leave as authorities study whether he was justified in using deadly force.

“We know the officer was in close proximity to the suspect when the suspect was stabbing the dog, which places the officer in great danger of the suspect,” said Oklahoma City Police Capt. Dexter Nelson.

Kye was rushed into surgery after the attack, but died of cardiac arrest on Monday.

Canine officers and their handlers from across the state came to pay their respects to the Belgian German Shepherd. Kye had been working for the Oklahoma City police for about two years
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They will probably declare it a justified shooting; stabbing a K-9 is treated the same as if he were stabbing a human police.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They will probably declare it a justified shooting; stabbing a K-9 is treated the same as if he were stabbing a human police.
    It is absolutely a justified shooting. That man killed their dog!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

So much fail in one article...

Meanwhile, all the K9s who are killed by officers "forgetting" them in hot vehicles, kicking them to death during training, etc, those are going to the city dump, or however animal control disposes of them. Not like they really cared about this one either, but it's good publicity for them.

If a cop were to shoot my dog, I'd be upset but I of course wouldn't shoot him for it, because I know he had to do what he had to do.

But this is different. That guy who stabbed the dog was a criminal. Two completely different scenarios
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

I don't know if this bxm guy is trolling or just a complete idiot, this might be the dozenth time I've wondered about this...

Ok. Let me see, he sicced a vicious dog on a human being because he was fleeing. Not found guilty by a jury of his peers yet, just running away.

Dog attacking so he decides to defend himself against a vicious animal. What is wrong with that?!

Damn dog now gets a taxpayer expensive funeral?!?!

And the cop executioner is allowed to be free at this point and attend? Beam me up Scotty.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anybody find the full size casket and church service to be "over the top".

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not really, the dog is still an officer, after all. It would have been a bit over the top, if they would have shut down a major inter-state highway for a number of hours, for the funeral procession, though. (which is fine for the deaths of human officers)
    - Kim Kardashian

Yes, would you stop posting this $#@!. I find my meds less effective recently. More fat chicks from Walmart please.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Brave dog. RIP.

/salute
    - Kim Kardashian

You'd have to read his dogtags for religious affiliations. It seems some churches are desperate for any congregants.

Wonder what would have happened had a mundane walked in kicked over the casket and said "Awww, too bad he's dead."

Yes, absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yes, absolutely ridiculous.
    You guys must just really hate dogs. Zero respect for the lives of these animals. Jeez.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    If a cop were to shoot my dog, I'd be upset but I of course wouldn't shoot him for it, because I know he had to do what he had to do.

But this is different. That guy who stabbed the dog was a criminal. Two completely different scenarios
    Hey, anybody who comes into my house and shoots my dog is a criminal and will be dealt with accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yes, would you stop posting this $#@!. I find my meds less effective recently. More fat chicks from Walmart please.
    Happy to oblige...