Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFL Announces Stricter Domestic Violence Penalties

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Upon further investigation of the clip and watching some other video analysis online. The instigator was the wife not Ray. She smacked him on the face before they got into the elevator. So technically, he cannot be charged with domestic violence since what he did was defending himself against domestic violence started by the wife.

So, I have to ask, who is going to punish the wife for starting a fight with the Ray Rice? I say this because the way I was brought up, the person who throws the first punch is punished for starting the fight regardless of who won.
    There is a difference between self-defense and retaliation.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    Rice pleaded guilty and agreed to go to anger management classes. It's not a fleeting mention, it's been central to the discussion, so much so that the DA is having to release statements about it.
    I didn't follow this from the beginning, but I've seen a lot of it the past few days. And I have never seen anything on tv or an article about a prosecution, a guilty plea, or anger management. The information you just provided is pretty much the most detail I have seen.

It's on Fox right now. The only things being discussed are the NFL and the video.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Well, I think the reason is because that was old news. The grand jury indicted Rice, and then the next day he and Janay got married as they had previously planned. Then a little while later it was announced in the media that he reached a plea bargain where he would take some anger management classes and not commit any more crimes for a certain period of time in exchange for no jail time.

The DA said the punishment he got is a typical punishment for a first-time offender. Too light in my opinion, but they're saying he was at least treated like any other offender.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Upon further investigation of the clip and watching some other video analysis online. The instigator was the wife not Ray. She smacked him on the face before they got into the elevator. So technically, he cannot be charged with domestic violence since what he did was defending himself against domestic violence started by the wife.

So, I have to ask, who is going to punish the wife for starting a fight with the Ray Rice? I say this because the way I was brought up, the person who throws the first punch is punished for starting the fight regardless of who won.
    Ummmm....actually he could be charged with domestic violence. He didn't have to get on the elevator It was a revenge strike and not self defense. She shouldn't have provoked him. But I don't think merely being provoke is enough to get you off of an assault charge.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I think the reason is because that was old news. The grand jury indicted Rice, and then the next day he and Janay got married as they had previously planned. Then a little while later it was announced in the media that he reached a plea bargain where he would take some anger management classes and not commit any more crimes for a certain period of time in exchange for no jail time.

The DA said the punishment he got is a typical punishment for a first-time offender. Too light in my opinion, but they're saying he was at least treated like any other offender.
    Thanks for the info.

So the "official" criminal justice system reviewed the tapes and the evidence, and a verdict (or plea bargain) was reached.

I can only assume that the media hysteria over this is some kind of anti-NFL pogrom, pushed by the cultural Marxist meme of "war on women". It's a twofer. They can attack the wife-beater and attack the NFL (a male oriented sport) at the same time.

And the obvious solution? Hillary 2016!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ha. That's quite the theory.

My theory is that there are people out there who don't like domestic violence.

My theory is that there are people out there who don't like domestic violence.
    Certainly. Everyone has an opinion. Does it warrant nearly 24x7 coverage on national TV?

Ray Rice isn't that well known. We have better known celebrities that have abused their spouses that are much more high profile. Do they get 24x7 coverage? Who makes that decision and why?

Why is this playing out like a typical false left/right emotional distraction? We have CNN and MSNBC going all out after Rice and the NFL, we have Fox somewhat defending them.

Certainly. Everyone has an opinion. Does it warrant nearly 24x7 coverage on national TV?
    I don't watch cable news. 24 hour news creates dumb programming that mostly isn't worth watching.

Thanks for the info.

So the "official" criminal justice system reviewed the tapes and the evidence, and a verdict (or plea bargain) was reached.

I can only assume that the media hysteria over this is some kind of anti-NFL pogrom, pushed by the cultural Marxist meme of "war on women". It's a twofer. They can attack the wife-beater and attack the NFL (a male oriented sport) at the same time.

And the obvious solution? Hillary 2016!
    War on women! Hillary 2016!

Sixteen female U.S. senators have sent a letter to commissioner Roger Goodell calling for a "real zero-tolerance policy" against domestic violence in the NFL.
    "We are deeply concerned that the NFL's new policy, announced last month, would allow a player to commit a violent act against a woman and return after a short suspension," the letter reads. "If you violently assault a woman, you shouldn't get a second chance to play football in the NFL.

"The NFL's current policy sends a terrible message to players, fans and all Americans that even after committing a horrific act of violence, you can quickly be back on the field."

The letter ends with a call for the NFL "to institute a real zero-tolerance policy and send a strong message that the league will not tolerate violence against women by its players, who are role models for children across America."

The letter was put together by Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-Calif., and was signed by 14 Democrats and two Republicans.
    More:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...zero-tolerance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123