Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebola is out of control

Ebola is out of control

Ebola is out of control
    WHO released roadmap to contain it within 6-9 months.
    will require 750 additional international staff. No one wants to go.
    150 health care workers have died.
    will cost half a billion for next 6 months. Much more if AirWHO has to keep running
    There are shortages of supplies of everything
    over 1,500 have died. over 40% of those in the last 3 weeks.
    20,000 are expected to become infected before it's over. Thats the low number.
    Who believes there are 2-4 unidentified cases for every identified case
    Outbreak is expected to spread to at least 10 more countries.
    several new drugs are being fast tracked and sent into production for immediate availability if they pass the human trials.
    virus has mutated over 300 times in this outbreak alone.

http://www.voanews.com/content/who-f...e/2430758.html
    http://www.voanews.com/content/gene-...t/2431477.html
    http://westmorelandtimes.com/news/12...n-west-africa/
    http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/1...admap.pdf?ua=1

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 08-29-2014 at 01:14 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Something's out of control, alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Did any more Americans die? No? Okay back to sleep ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZzzz...
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

This thread has been brought to you by the letter "e"...

-t

"cost nearly a half-billion dollars, and cause thousands of deaths before the epidemic raging in West Africa ends. "

ends ? wow, WHO has a great PR spin department at least.

Ebola doesn't just "end" -
    and fwiw, Ebola is not a new virus . . . it is just new in the mass media and reported public awareness, that's all.

and we are so glad there is a "roadmap" now too

Quote Originally Posted by extortion17 View Post

"cost nearly a half-billion dollars, and cause thousands of deaths before the epidemic raging in West Africa ends. "

ends ? wow, WHO has a great PR spin department at least.

Ebola doesn't just "end" -
    and fwiw, Ebola is not a new virus . . . it is just new in the mass media and reported public awareness, that's all.

and we are so glad there is a "roadmap" now too

The WHO is not talking about ending the existence of Ebola, they state (which you copied); "the epidemic raging in West Africa ends." They are talking about the worst outbreak of Ebola since it's discovery, how bad ? Significantly worse than any outbreak before.

Ebola is something that's of mild concern when it pops up somewhere every now and then. It's in several very poor countries and the outbreak does not show any slowing down, in fact it seems to get worse still. The problem is that these countries do not have anything to fight this and their people aren't helping either.

It's not a great concern in developed countries, but it could become just that. If this outbreak is not stopped and it continues to infect more and more people then it's only a matter of time before people here start getting infected as well. There may be some experimental medicines for it but have they been shown to work yet ?

So I read The Hot Zone back in the 90's.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Hot-Zone-T.../dp/0385479565

This is something that infectious disease scientists freak out about. Strains of Ebola pop up from time to time and usually go dormant for some unknown reason, only to pop up again later with a mutated strain. Each time a strain of the virus pops up, it's a little different and has different characteristics. According to the book, it's like the virus is trying to find a way to reproduce most efficiently. And with the latest mutations increasing their pace, it looks like the virus is learning faster. That scares the hell out of them because if it succeeds, that means the percentage of people who die from the virus will be lower, but the percentage of infections will be way higher. That means the death toll will be catastrophic.

Anyway, I say that because this is what has the scientists all worked up. I don't think it's the media creating the frenzy, it's those who are looking at the potential. The media is just picking up on their concern.

However. And this is a big "however". This is still in the very early stages. This virus has a way of popping up and going back to sleep. I would imagine this time will be no different. It'll just take a little longer til that rest happens. In the meantime, we can expect all sorts of panic. It's kinda akin to the Yellowstone caldera in my opinion. This is certainly good reason for concern, and it's only a matter of time before it explodes, but that time may still be a long way off.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So I read The Hot Zone back in the 90's.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Hot-Zone-T.../dp/0385479565

This is something that infectious disease scientists freak out about. Strains of Ebola pop up from time to time and usually go dormant for some unknown reason, only to pop up again later with a mutated strain. Each time a strain of the virus pops up, it's a little different and has different characteristics. According to the book, it's like the virus is trying to find a way to reproduce most efficiently. And with the latest mutations increasing their pace, it looks like the virus is learning faster. That scares the hell out of them because if it succeeds, that means the percentage of people who die from the virus will be lower, but the percentage of infections will be way higher. That means the death toll will be catastrophic.

Anyway, I say that because this is what has the scientists all worked up. I don't think it's the media creating the frenzy, it's those who are looking at the potential. The media is just picking up on their concern.

However. And this is a big "however". This is still in the very early stages. This virus has a way of popping up and going back to sleep. I would imagine this time will be no different. It'll just take a little longer til that rest happens. In the meantime, we can expect all sorts of panic. It's kinda akin to the Yellowstone caldera in my opinion. This is certainly good reason for concern, and it's only a matter of time before it explodes, but that time may still be a long way off.
    Or it could be an international pandemic threatening all human life on earth.

Don't dismiss this too quick.

-t

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    Lol. Ok, or it could be that.

Let's regroup in a year and see, K?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Got my colloidal silver

Whatever. Laugh if you want. I'll be buying more N95 masks.

-t

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Got my colloidal silver
    I make mine
    Last edited by Working Poor; 08-29-2014 at 08:27 AM.

It is only a matter of time.

I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues--last, because with them God's wrath is completed.
    And I have no idea,, if this is part of the last plagues.. But sooner or later,, the evil of this world will piss God off enough.
    And the Evil seems to be increasing,, world wide.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Whatever. Laugh if you want. I'll be buying more N95 masks.

-t
    Good luck with that. This is what USAMRIID uses when dealing with the virus.

Full containment with inflated suits so that if it gets punctured, the air inside pushes any airborne virus away. I remember reading where one of the researchers had a bandage covering a small wound and her suit was punctured allowing possible exposure to the wound. Their fear was that she was already infected.

Not sure a mask will do much for you.

Did they ever say how the two American aid workers contracted Ebola? Supposedly they would be taking modern precautions...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Don't dismiss this too quick.

-t
    Ebola is not very contagious. Unlike air borne and vector borne diseases (plague, influenza, etc.) infection requires direct contact with secretions of an infected person. Certainly diseases like typhoid and cholera that are transmitted in the same manner as ebola have caused problems at times, but they are easily controlled. A little bit of hygiene goes a long way.

Now it is "possible" that the ebola virus will evolve in such a way that it becomes highly cantagious. That would be a problem. It is also possible that aliens are planning to attack us. And there is no way to know which is more probable.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty sure I had Ebola yesterday, I had liquid diarrhea all day long, but I defeated it, so am now immune.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Ebola is not very contagious. Unlike air borne and vector borne diseases (plague, influenza, etc.) infection requires direct contact with secretions of an infected person. Certainly diseases like typhoid and cholera that are transmitted in the same manner as ebola have caused problems at times, but they are easily controlled. A little bit of hygiene goes a long way.

Now it is "possible" that the ebola virus will evolve in such a way that it becomes highly cantagious. That would be a problem. It is also possible that aliens are planning to attack us. And there is no way to know which is more probable.
    I'm not so sure about that.

While all Ebola virus species have displayed the ability to be spread through airborne particles (aerosols) under research conditions, this type of spread has not been documented among humans in a real-world setting, such as a hospital or household.
    http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/fact-sheet.pdf
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Except when governments weaponize it. However, the interesting thing it mimics flu symptoms...I can see people freaking out (understandingly so) if they get the flu and lots of chaos will ensue. Of course that is what government likes best--order out of chaos. We are heading into flu season. . .

Stock up on Colloidal silver!

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Ebola is not very contagious. Unlike air borne and vector borne diseases (plague, influenza, etc.) infection requires direct contact with secretions of an infected person.
    That's what we have been told.

My question still stands:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Did they ever say how the two American aid workers contracted Ebola? Supposedly they would be taking modern precautions...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

An update on the Sacramento scare:

Sacramento patient tests negative for Ebola, CDC says

SACRAMENTO -- A Sacramento hospital patient has tested negative for the Ebola virus, state health officials announced on Thursday.

CBS Sacramento reports that doctors and public-health officials said tests sent to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention headquarters in Atlanta came back negative.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sacramen...bola-cdc-says/

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That's what we have been told.

My question still stands:
    Ebola has been around for at least forty years. And even in the least hygenic countries in the world with the worst health care in the world, only about two thousand people have died from it. Very deadly + few have died = not very contagious.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Very deadly + few have died = not very contagious.
    Not the case. Very deadly. Extremely contagious. But the virus has a short lifespan. And, because it kills its victims so quickly after contraction, the signs of infection are recognized relatively early. As for airborne infection, bodily fluids can become airborne through coughing and sneezing. Infections can happen through inhalation of bodily fluids.

The problem is that the researchers still don't know why the outbreaks stop all of a sudden. From their perspective, they think the virus may mutate to a unsustainable form and dies on its own. I agree with this and expect it to happen again. If it should mutate to a form that is perpetually sustainable - meaning it doesn't die out on its own - God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Did any more Americans die? No? Okay back to sleep ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZzzz...
    of course, it's not our job to police or doctor the world, NON INTERVENTION is the best and most Christian foreign policy (and health care policy, for the matter)

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

. From their perspective, they think the virus may mutate to a unsustainable form and dies on its own. I agree with this and expect it to happen again. If it should mutate to a form that is perpetually sustainable - meaning it doesn't die out on its own - God help us.
    My concern is that the sick $#@!s in Labs are meddling with it.

And it may not "mutate" on it's own,, but have help.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ebola is out of control

No it's not. 1400 deaths, while unfortunate, is nothing in the big picture. 50 times that die each year in the US a developed country with modern health care from influenza virus.

Ebola is not very contagious, now if it mutates and becomes airborne, different story.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Ebola is not very contagious,
    I'm not sure where you are getting this... Ebola is EXTREMELY contagious. The idea that because the number of deaths is relatively low that this virus is not contagious is not based in science at all. The various mutations of Ebola viruses all have different characteristics, but one of them is that they are incapable of being defended by human immune systems. If you come in contact with these bodily fluids, and that could include through inhalation of a sneeze or cough, then there is a huge possibility that you will become infected.

But again... I have to stress. These mutations usually run themselves out. They leap from host to host mutating, but eventually die out on their own. It is clear that the virus is learning and getting stronger, but in my opinion, we are still pretty far away from the virus finding a perpetually sustainable mutation.

This thread is giving me the panics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Lol. Ok, or it could be that.

Let's regroup in a year and see, K?
    A year!? With those things running around we won't last seventeen hours! They're going to come in here just like they did before, and they're going to kill us!
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    of course, it's not our job to police or doctor the world, NON INTERVENTION is the best and most Christian foreign policy (and health care policy, for the matter)
    Get real. Helping foreign countries with medical aid isn't even in the same ballgame as bombing them. Of course, if its funded involuntarily then there is a problem, but that's for another discussion.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast