Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DNC response to Rand Paul’s foreign policy op-ed in WSJ

DNC response to Rand Paul’s foreign policy op-ed in WSJ

DNC Response to Rand Paul’s Troubling WSJ Op-Ed

This morning, Rand Paul ran an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal where he laid out his troubling foreign policy worldview.

Below please find a response from DNC National Press Secretary Michael Czin to Paul’s vision:

“It’s disappointing that Rand Paul, as a Senator and a potential presidential candidate, blames America for all the problems in the world, while offering reckless ideas that would only alienate us from the global community.

“Unfortunately, this is nothing new for Paul. Last week he criticized American policy to the president of another country on foreign soil. This week he’s blaming the Obama Administration for another nation’s civil war. That type of “blame America” rhetoric may win Paul accolades at a conference of isolationists but it does nothing to improve our standing in the world. In fact, Paul’s proposals would make America less safe and less secure.

“Simply put, if Rand Paul had a foreign policy slogan, it would be – The Rand Paul Doctrine: Blame America. Retreat from the World.”
    http://factivists.democrats.org/dnc-...ing-wsj-op-ed/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They are trying to defeat him in the primaries with the GOP.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

The irony of Dems using such language to bash a Republican is exquisite.

Wow, so now the Democrats are using the "blame America" rhetoric. So are the neocons going to find a new home in the Democratic Party when Rand becomes the GOP nominee.

So transparent. If Obama had written the same exact thing, they'd be lauding it as the greatest thing since the Gettysburg Address. Oh wait... I remember the response after the 2008 Berlin speech. They did.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

hahahaha silly Rand, doesn't he know that once you go down the road to empire you must keep going and going until you finally reach total divine glory, sweet, sweet, economy-destroying, human-destroying, civilization-destroying glory. The DNC just became John McCain and Lindsey Graham.
    Last edited by Shane Harris; 08-28-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Wow, so now the Democrats are using the "blame America" rhetoric. So are the neocons going to find a new home in the Democratic Party when Rand becomes the GOP nominee.
    It's the language of the Big Military/Big Banks/Big Biz establishment using the two party paradigm system, to marginalize the rest of us.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 08-28-2014 at 10:28 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Sounds just like dick cheney, and this needs to be pointed out to every democrat who spews such garbage.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We can only hope. From whence they came.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    Sounds just like dick cheney, and this needs to be pointed out to every democrat who spews such garbage.
    DNC = Dick "Neocon" Cheney?

I like the sounds of that.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Yes, DNC - Bill Clinton's wife looks forward to running against the Senator from Kentucky . . .

Game On

Folks, realize how close we are to winning this thing. They are not punting and saying that perhaps Rand is right...they are fighting what he said because it could tremendously weaken the war party. This is a desperate attempt to keep the message of peace from spreading. We are so stinkin close.

anyone who ever uses the pitiful excuse for a strawman that is the "Blaming america" argument does not deserve to be taken seriously.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    We are so stinkin close.

Call me a cautious optimist, but getting backlash from the headquarters of the opposing party has to be signs that Paul is ruffling their feathers.

....annnnnnnd we've officially flipped the paradigm entirely from 8 years ago. The irony of the DNC citing "blame america first" rhetoric is just too much.

What more evidence does a person need that our foreign policy is literally controlled from positions above political party?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I like the one with Rand too

If you take out all the references to Rand Paul, it's absolutely impossible to not mistake this for what the Neo-cons said during the Bush years.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Hahahahaha! They are petrified.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

This is excellent!! The DNC attacking is exactly what we want. What will the other GOP candidates do now? Agree with the DNC? What they are showing is what all of us here have known all along. There is no difference between Team Red and Team Blue and the DNC just provided the evidence. How long before FOX news starts promoting Clinton?

Onion? or just surreal?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

where is the thread on the WSJ article?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Santorum is just ridiculous. Rand and Obama both support the air strikes, and yet they're both "isolationists?" What a joke. Since Obama has been President, he's used military action in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya and possibly a few others. But yet he's basically just some pacifist isolationist according to Santorum and the GOP establishment. I guess Santorum just wants to invade the entire world.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Santorum is a loser
    Just Google Santorum
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Just proves that there is only ONE political party in D.C. They have the same speech writers.

Santorum is just ridiculous. Rand and Obama both support the air strikes, and yet they're both "isolationists?" What a joke. Since Obama has been President, he's used military action in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Libya and possibly a few others. But yet he's basically just some pacifist isolationist according to Santorum and the GOP establishment. I guess Santorum just wants to invade the entire world.
    Don't forget that there's a real difference between the two major parties

I've noticed Democrats on the internet attack Rand as an isolationist and praise Hillary's rhetoric on foreign policy.
    Stop believing stupid things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast