Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russian Troops invade Ukraine

Russian Troops invade Ukraine

I'll admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw this on Drudge. I really hope this doesn't blow up. I don't want to get drafted for this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...0e4_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/29/wo...-conflict.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is very bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    I'll admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw this on Drudge. I really hope this doesn't blow up. I don't want to get drafted for this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...0e4_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/29/wo...-conflict.html
    I call bull$#@!. Though I think Russia is the best hope for the people of East Ukraine under assault from Kiev.

They were reporting the Aid Convoy as an invasion,, and even claimed tanks were involved.. (they were not)
    Russia is the only force in the area that could put an end to the atrocities,, but so far have refused to be baited into it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Don't worry. The USA isn't going to take on any industrial power directly. The MIC likes proxy wars. Lots of money and not so many body bags.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Keep in mind that this is coming from the Fascist/coup government of Ukraine, and they have an extensive track record of false claims.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Keep in mind that this is coming from the Fascist/coup government of Ukraine, and they have an extensive track record of false claims.
    That's why I call bull$#@!.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

They have been there from the beginning. Putin's lies can't be covered up anymore. Tank columns don't JUST appear in a months old war zone having never been in seen in the action before.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

The thing that really bothers me is the way all of the headlines I've been reading recently have been seeming to point towards Russia.

US and Russia flying into each others airspace. Russian hackers attack US banks. US sanctions against Russia, and now this.

Either the Russians are making a lot of shifty moves for some dark purpose or the MSM is painting a target on them for their own dark purpose. We all know that relations between the US and Russia are worsening, and it really worries me considering that we are the only two nations capable of ending the world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    They have been there from the beginning. Putin's lies can't be covered up anymore. Tank columns don't JUST appear in a months old war zone having never been in seen in the action before.
    What tank columns?

Do you mean the truck convoy of Humanitarian aid that was held up for weeks,, and then called an "invasion" when they finally delivered it.

I have seen NO Evidence of Russian Tank Columns. Though I have heard that claim several times.
    The Ukraine Army is not in smoking ruin.(and it would be if such was true)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Dramatic claims like Ukraine has been making require evidence, and they produce none. Meanwhile, the only copy of the ATC tapes from the MH17 incident - which they squarely blame on Russia - lie in the hands of the Ukraine security apparatus, blackholed from the world.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Yup. And $#@!head Drudge is the biggest fearmonger on the internet.

Don't forget a mass amount of Ukrainian amour was confiscated by the eastern Oblasts in the beginning... also from the huge defections from the Ukrainian army. They set a trap, drew them in, and it worked, makes NATO experts look like a bunch of buffoons. Very impressed by the tactical planning operations, now the Junta ZioNazi forces are entrapped, Whammo... oh the irony of Stalingrad.

The circus continues... Even WWE is playing the Good Cop US - Evil Cop Russia meme

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

And the Russian soldiers helping out the rebels while on leave, that was a good one
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    And the Russian soldiers helping out the rebels while on leave, that was a good one
    I doubt they take tanks with them on vacation.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

OK,, Finally found one story (Reuters) with a Photo.

Except the column is on a train,, and inside Russia.

OMG there are Russian Tanks in Russia.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    OK,, Finally found one story (Reuters) with a Photo.

Except the column is on a train,, and inside Russia.

OMG there are Russian Tanks in Russia.
    Whodda Thunk?
    There is no spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    Or highly trained Russian paratroopers stumbling across a hot border... How stupid do they think we are....but then again judging by some posts...
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Whodda Thunk?
    I know,, huh?

I have seen a few,, some video of Tanks and other hardware.. on the Russian side of the border.

When the Aid convoy was being held up for two weeks at the border,, there was a bunch.

With the Nazi takeover of their neighbor,, and threats from the very beginning,, I do not blame them for beefing up border security.

Just as I can't blame Ukrainians of Russian ancestry for being concerned about the threats from the Nazis in Kiev.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    The thing that really bothers me is the way all of the headlines I've been reading recently have been seeming to point towards Russia.

US and Russia flying into each others airspace. Russian hackers attack US banks. US sanctions against Russia, and now this.

Either the Russians are making a lot of shifty moves for some dark purpose or the MSM is painting a target on them for their own dark purpose. We all know that relations between the US and Russia are worsening, and it really worries me considering that we are the only two nations capable of ending the world.
    Both the neoconservatives and the neoliberal interventionists have an ax to grind with Russia. They are former communists (Leninists, Trotskyites) that have had a disagreement with Russia since after Stalin took full control and ruined their communist paradise. Old grudges from old Europe.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"I'll have a little more leeway after the election"
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Stepping back from the current war frenzy, let's look at the bigger picture.

There are areas in eastern Ukraine that were relatively recently part of Russia. All of Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, it may have made sense for those Russian speaking and Russian ethnic areas to go back to being part of Russia. It seems that they want to do that now.

They want to be independent or part of Russia. Why should I care whether they are independent, part of Ukraine or part of Russia? Why should the US care? Why should anyone care? Why is that an emergency? Why should bombs be dropping causing death and destruction? Why?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Stepping back from the current war frenzy, let's look at the bigger picture.

There are areas in eastern Ukraine that were relatively recently part of Russia. All of Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, it may have made sense for those Russian speaking and Russian ethnic areas to go back to being part of Russia. It seems that they want to do that now.

They want to be independent or part of Russia. Why should I care whether they are independent, part of Ukraine or part of Russia? Why should the US care? Why should anyone care? Why is that an emergency? Why should bombs be dropping causing death and destruction? Why?
    That might be a good question to ask the person that has an ongoing, months long thread about the atrocities of the Ukrainians? Do ask him this question as well? Why should "ANYBODY CARE?"

That might be a good question to ask the person that has an ongoing, months long thread about the atrocities of the Ukrainians? Do ask him this question as well? Why should "ANYBODY CARE?"
    Can't speak for that person.

Most people do care about death and destruction. That's why there is so much charity after disasters. But when there is civil war, it's more a question of policing the world. It's perfectly acceptable to care, yet not want to play global Police, get involved, and probably make matters worse.

But I don't care at all if some city is on one side of a border or the other. I would prefer that they find a civilized, reasonable and rational solution to any disagreements.

Kiev 'cries wolf' so often that I've stopped paying much attention. Maybe that's Russia's strategy: Get Ukraine to squeal about an invasion every other day until the world becomes bored with it, then actually do something.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 08-28-2014 at 12:12 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is probably always best to rely on reputable main-stream media outlets to gain understanding of world geopolitical events. They usually get it right, regardless of what you hear on unverified "news" outlets. Just have a little faith in the system.

UPDATE: BREAKING NEWS:

New photos show Russian armored column and troops entering Ukraine.

Dudes sorry to interrupt the discussion of possible trivial war, but I think everyone should know, Joan Rivers has been transported to the hospital. More details forthcoming.

A moment of silence for the great american icon......

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Can't speak for that person.

Most people do care about death and destruction. That's why there is so much charity after disasters. But when there is civil war, it's more a question of policing the world. It's perfectly acceptable to care, yet not want to play global Police, get involved, and probably make matters worse.

But I don't care at all if some city is on one side of a border or the other. I would prefer that they find a civilized, reasonable and rational solution to any disagreements.
    I don't believe I said anywhere we should police it. My point has always been that until people are willing to look at all sides this $#@! will continue to happen. Putin is believed without question in this around here and as far as I am concerned he has his hand in the destabilization just as much as the west.

Why should "ANYBODY CARE?"
    Because American Tax dollars put The Nazis in power in Kiev.

so anyone that pays taxes,, has a concern. And because the USgov is deliberately provoking a Nuclear Power.
    Which is also a concern for many.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Because American Tax dollars put The Nazis in power in Kiev.

so anyone that pays taxes,, has a concern. And because the USgov is deliberately provoking a Nuclear Power.
    Which is also a concern for many.
    But Dianne Sawyer, Anderson Cooper AC/DC, Rush Limpbag and Hannity have all told me that V.V. Putin is a bloodthirsty dictator, a thug, and has deprived the rights of homosexuals and imprisoned freedom fighters like Pussy Riot. We cannot stand for this kind of dangerous provocative behavior that threatens the freedom of the Western world.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

New photos show Russian armored column and troops entering Ukraine.
    Isn't that Ferguson?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast