Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian candidate for Florida Governor 2014 Adrian Wyllie

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Good, then you won't waste time with the LP.
    Now that's just silly. If you were condemning people who vote Libertarian regardless of the ticket, fine. If you're condemning people who actually voted for Robert Savaris over Cuccinelli, fine. But to just say that someone should NEVER support an LP candidate? Come on. I GUARANTEE there are more good LP candidates than there are good Republican candidates.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Now that's just silly. If you were condemning people who vote Libertarian regardless of the ticket, fine. If you're condemning people who actually voted for Robert Savaris over Cuccinelli, fine. But to just say that someone should NEVER support an LP candidate? Come on. I GUARANTEE there are more good LP candidates than there are good Republican candidates.
    I wasn't really talking about just voting. I had heavy involvement in mind.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    NewsFlash: Bitcoin Magazine

Florida Needs Adrian Wyllie for Governor

by JOHN SCIANNA on AUGUST 29, 2014
    “I think voting is great, but, if I have to choose between a douche and a turd, I just don’t see the point.” – Stan Marsh
    Well, great news Florida voters, you have a third option. Adrian Wyllie, Florida’s Libertarian Gubernatorial Candidate, is running on a platform to keep government out of our personal lives, reduce unnecessary regulations and cut taxes.
    Florida’s gubernatorial race is an interesting one; besides Wyllie, his two main competitors have an unique past.
    Rick Scott, the current Republican governor, has one of lowest approval ratingsamong governors in the country. I reached out to his office for comment but had no reply.
    Scott is nothing short of a controversial political figure; Florida’s Democratic Partypoints out how Scott “oversaw the largest Medicare fraud in the nation’s history,” as CEO & Chairman of the Hospital Corporation of America. In addition, Scott passed a law requiring welfare recipients to take drug tests, which was halted on constitutional grounds. Moreover, Scott has been pushing a campaign on how many jobs he has created, despite the fact that this was in a large effect the result of the country’s economic recovery.
    Charlie Crist, the Democratic candidate, is the former governor of Florida but quit mid-term in an unsuccessful bid to pursue a US senate seat and now he wants his old job back. Crist was Republican at the time; however, he then changed his political affiliations to independent but is now running as a Democrat. I also tried to reach out to Crist but received no reply.
    Crist has an interesting past of his own and it is the subject of a smear campaignpaid for by the Republican Party of Florida. The party accuses Crist of accepting donations from billionaire ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein so Rothstein could have influence in the judicial appointment process. Rothstein even said in a testimony that he “was able to convince [Crist] to appoint people to judicial positions,” according to Politifact.
    Adrian Wyllie isn’t a lawyer or a career politician, he’s a military vet, political activist and an business man. Wyllie is the president of a white hat information technology company that does computer consulting in the Tampa Bay area. Wyllie has a commitment to technology and small businesses because they will continue to make Florida great.
    That’s why Wyllie is a bitcoiner; he has been mining the digital currency as a hobby for over a year, and he is even accepting it for his campaign. In January, Wyllie even spoke at the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami and talked about his campaign.
    Florida’s political races have always been a bit on the untraditional side, but now Florida has a chance to vote for someone who adamantly fights for the people’s rights and liberties.
    The most open critics to these threats to our rights have been Libertarians like Adrian Wyllie. Wyllie recently got arrested for driving without a license, in protest of Florida’s “REAL ID Act.” The law in Wyllie’s view is eerily similar to Nazi Germany’s laws which made it easier to pick out enemies of the state. Today’s identification photos are taken with biometric cameras and put into a government database, just like if you were a criminal, which is why Wyllie is protesting.
    Wyllie would bring a much needed change to the state and wants to promote the Bitcoin industry. Florida is already home to many Bitcoin businesses like Cryptsy, BitJack BTMs, and Trucoin.
    When I asked Wyllie what he would do for the Bitcoin Industry, he replied:
    “I would champion competing currencies legislation that would lift any barriers to transacting business in alternative and cryptocurrencies. My Intrastate Commerce Act would lift federal regulations for banks and financial institutions that operate exclusively in Florida, creating a market more conducive to widespread acceptance of alternative currencies.”
    There is no doubt that Bitcoin startups bring high paying jobs to the community. Florida, no matter who gets elected, should try to embrace these small businesses. About half of all Bitcoin startups in the world have been in the US and most of those have been in the Silicon Valley area. Florida is a big financial hub for South America; the Brickell area has even been called the Wall Street of Miamibecause of the dense amount of international banks located in the district.
    With recent regulations regarding bitcoin and lobbyists going to Washington to fight on both sides of the issue and BitLicense, bitcoin is going to be a topic of discussion in the coming political season – which is why Florida needs someone to protect Bitcoin.
    So, I am calling upon YOU, the community, to help Adrian Wyllie out, spread the word, donate your time, or bits, whatever you can do to help out.
    Wyllie will be taking part in several debates, so please make sure you watch:

• Monday, Sept. 29, at the University of Florida and will air from 6:30 to 7:30pm
    • Friday, Oct. 10 WSCV Telemundo 51
    • Wednesday, Oct. 15, at Broward College and will air from 7:00 to 8:00pm
    • Tuesday, Oct. 21 Sponsored by CNN

If you’re going to vote, be informed and choose wisely.
    Disclaimer: The author of this post is tired of the typical politician.

Tip BTC: 1C3NpTe32uNFyHcLAPDkYwS4MXrJfSZLo7

Tip LTC: https://coinbase.com/johnny

Tip DOGE: DPADDpWGTybMH43MzfZkwV7PirV8oiJ3op

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/15979/gov...adrian-wyllie/

Florida Gubernatorial Hopeful Once Begged to Be Arrested

Libertarian Adrian Wyllie to PJM: "If I find a law that is unjust and unconstitutional, I will willfully disobey it.”

by
    ROD KACKLEY
    Bio

August 28, 2014 - 11:53 pm
    Page 1 of 2 Next -> View as Single Page

in[COLOR=#333333 !important]Share
    [COLOR=#04558B !important]1[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
    The Libertarian candidate in Florida’s gubernatorial election is not satisfied to be just an ideologue or even a spoiler in the November election.
    Adrian Wyllie, who served in the U.S. Army’s 56th Air Defense Artillery and the 53rd Infantry Brigade, wants to win, he expects to win, and he has a plan set for his first day in office.
    “Day One, the first thing I do, even before I sit down at my desk, will be to instruct the IT department to install a webcam system which will stream all meetings I have live on the Internet,” he said. “We are going to introduce real transparency and go after the corruption that is rampant in Tallahassee.”

http://pjmedia.com/blog/florida-gube...o-be-arrested/

OK, what's wrong with it? Saying you shouldn't do it because you won't win is like saying we shouldn't fight for a stateless society because we're unlikely to win. Who cares?

Mind you, I'm not suggesting turning down real incremental progress in order to make a point. But when both options suck, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Are the people on this forum really that easy to take?
    Easy to take? Should we all just play our video games, watch our sports while our country is being taken over? Should we all just give in and vote for tyranny and become slaves? I am surprised to see some of the posts on the Ron Paul forums that are exact opposite of what Ron Paul would say. Here in Florida we actually have a rare chance to have a good man as Governor and I am supporting him, what the hell is wrong with that?

@ 69360 : Adrian Wyllie has got up to 16% MONTHS before the election, what is this 2% BS you're trying to shovel? Don't understand why a person from Maine would even comment on this Florida issue. We have 3 candidates to choose from, 2 of the 3 have all ready been Governor here and are hated. Both have horrible records. The Republicans don't like their candidate, Democrat's don't like theirs either. Nearly 12% of registered Republicans have declared they are voting for Adrian Wyllie and 14% of Democrats have too. With that, include all the Libertarian party, Constitution party AND the mass majority of the 3rd largest voting block (Independent/NPA) , that adds up to a damn good chance Adrian Wyllie will win. If you had to vote for one of three, Rick Scott (R) (Hitler), Charlie Crist (D) (Obama) OR Adrian Wyllie (L) (Ron Paul), who would you support? If you want to vote for Republicans or Democrats in your state and watch it fall a part, you are free to do so, but be prepared to suffer the results. As for me, I will stand up and fight for my state and my country. I am American, what do you call yourself?
    Last edited by OrlandoChris; 08-30-2014 at 02:42 PM.

I will be writing in Ron Paul for Governor.

You may be a part of the problem. You should be ashamed of yourself. Ask Ron Paul who he would vote for if he lived in Florida, Rick Scott, Charlie Crist or Adrian Wyllie. If you don't like Libertarians, why would you be on a Ron Paul site? Maybe you would fit in more on a NPR or MSNBC site.

Ron Paul was the LP candidate for President in 1988.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The Liberterian party will never win a state or local election. All the average voter sees them as is the party that wants legal heroin and nambla.

That said I voted LP in the last presidential election. It was a protest, I didn't like either major party candidate.

I'm under no illusion their candidate can "easily win" or win at all. I won't help them win that 2% with my time or money either, it's pointless and hopeless. In 40 years they have never won a statewide or nationwide race. I don't see how much clearer it could be, it's not going to happen for them.
    You are ridiculous.

erowe1, Libertarian Adrian Wyllie answered your comment yesterday, "“Voters are tired of the Democratic and Republican duopoly. I am the underdog, and I have a good shot at winning this election,” Wyllie said. “I’m the only honest candidate in this race.”

Libertarian’s ‘Brewery Tour’ makes stop in Panama City

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoChris View Post
    @ 69360 : Adrian Wyllie has got up to 16% MONTHS before the election, what is this 2% BS you're trying to shovel? Don't understand why a person from Maine would even comment on this Florida issue. We have 3 candidates to choose from, 2 of the 3 have all ready been Governor here and are hated. Both have horrible records. The Republicans don't like their candidate, Democrat's don't like theirs either. Nearly 12% of registered Republicans have declared they are voting for Adrian Wyllie and 14% of Democrats have too. With that, include all the Libertarian party, Constitution party AND the mass majority of the 3rd largest voting block (Independent/NPA) , that adds up to a damn good chance Adrian Wyllie will win. If you had to vote for one of three, Rick Scott (R) (Hitler), Charlie Crist (D) (Obama) OR Adrian Wyllie (L) (Ron Paul), who would you support? If you want to vote for Republicans or Democrats in your state and watch it fall a part, you are free to do so, but be prepared to suffer the results. As for me, I will stand up and fight for my state and my country. I am American, what do you call yourself?
    Your guy is going to lose. There is zero chance of victory. If you want to do a protest vote, great go for it. But if you are investing your time and money in a LP candidate and think there is any chance at all of victory or more than low single digit returns you will be extremely depressed after the election.

Here is the real polling-

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...rist-3545.html

The leftover 14% is not for your guy as you seem to assume, it's mostly undecided.

You are ridiculous.
    No, realistic.

The truth hurts. Hopefully the 2 of you are idealistic kids who haven't learned the realities of politics yet, you kind of come off like that. If you are grown adults believing the LP can win governor of FL, I truly feel sorry for you.

Hate to say it guys, 360 is right. I remember being at this same spot 6.5 years ago. I stayed up until 2 AM (with many others on this board) as we watched the results from the NH primary. I firmly believed in my heart-of-hearts that Ron Paul would win. How could any rational person NOT vote for Ron Paul once they heard about him? And we made SURE they knew by waving signs and crashing internet polls and telling anyone who would listen (or not). Besides NH is the Live Free or Die state! It's full of libertarians!

Ron Paul got 7.7% in the 2008 NH primary. The polls were dead on. BUT, the missing ballots! The voting was rigged! But, but...no. This couldn't happen. But it did.

My advice to those of you that believe this Florida libertarian guy has a shot, is to act on it. Spend your time and eating-out money like we all did in 2007. Tell your friends and family.

But when the election comes around and you fight for 5% of the vote, don't skulk away. Take lessons learned and move on to the next battle. Those of us that have been there will pick our battles a little more carefully.
    Last edited by limequat; 08-31-2014 at 09:59 AM.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Making History in Florida!

Crist And Scott Could Make History by Being So Unpopular in Florida

While the national political scene has decayed into polarizedstagnation, Americans’ views of state governments have remained mostly positive. That’s probably part of the reason why governors seem to have an advantage when running for president. Yet in Florida, home to one of the nation’s marquee gubernatorial races, Democrat Charlie Crist and Republican incumbent Rick Scott are teetering on becoming the least-liked pair of candidates for any governor’s race.

He could crack 10%, but he needs about $20 million 6 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He could crack 10%, but he needs about $20 million 6 months ago.
    CUPd your guy isn't going to win, sorry.

Do you two believe in the easter bunny as well?

Seriously how long have you been involved in politics? The LP has never held ANY statewide office no less national office. If your guy gets lucky and does really well he might get 2%.
    69210, did I ever tell you about the TIME I helped Dr. Greg Ganske (R-IA) way back in the pea-picking-past in 1996, right after I enrolled the first tax-free Medical Savings Account (MSA) in the United States? Ya, the tax-free MSA/HSA has been the center-piece of Republican Health Care Reform for the last 20 years. Plus, I'm sharp enough to understand that the tax-free MSA/HSA is also a corner-stone of the Ownership Society(OS). If you know what I mean.

I can't tell you about OrlandoChris because I have never asked him that question. He says I should change my name to TampaBayRG but I say, "NO". I was telling OrlandChris that it certainly would make everybody's life a whole lot easier if he changed his name to OC. We don't have much TIME you know before we take over, just 65 days. I hope good ole OC gets some rest here this holiday weekend, because hez been working like a dog.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

FOX News Propaganda With Monkey With PHD, Dr. Merrill Matthews

Dr. Merrill Matthew says, "Costs have gone up $5,500 per family with Obamacare." The TRUTH is, a 30-year-old family with 2 children can get the HSA Bronze plan for $467/month today in Volutia County, Florida. That comes out to $5,604/year. So Matthews thinks it used to be $5,500/year less or $104/year for family coverage. What a Hoze Monster. I should call the Institute for Public Policy and ask how much they are spending on Dr. Matthew's insurance. I would bet it is more than what it costs on the exchange. To bad Obama doesn't have anybody that can explain ObamaCare. I'm pretty busy so I can't help him. I will say that getting Richard Simmons to sell ObamaCare was a VERY STUPID move by the Obama Administration. Lucky the Obama Administration is so stupid or we might all be in trouble.

Dr Merrill Matthews - who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debri?

I am no Rick Scott fan, and deplore the opportunist Crist, BUT Wyllie has about as much a chance of being Governor, as Ron Paul does of being President.

I feel much better abstaining and not playing into the delusion that our votes even matter. After two election cycles of watching Ron Paul, I have come to the conclusion, it just doesnt matter anymore. I am more apathetic now, than I was before I knew about Ron Paul. What I wouldn't give to be able to go back in time and choose the blue pill instead. At least then I would be able to live the illusion of being happy.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

It really helps the cause you guys are here for when you insult the people attempting to point out your flawed logic. Really.

I do think Wyllie will do better than expected (by the bulk of the MSM, for instance) but it would take a catastrophic blizzard in Hell before he actually won, and even then I'm pretty sure there'd be some way of calling for a do-over.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    It really helps the cause you guys are here for when you insult the people attempting to point out your flawed logic. Really.

I do think Wyllie will do better than expected (by the bulk of the MSM, for instance) but it would take a catastrophic blizzard in Hell before he actually won, and even then I'm pretty sure there'd be some way of calling for a do-over.
    Thank you MelissaWV, you are correct we are going to do so much better that what the media is currently reporting. There is so much money in this race it's mind blowing. That last poll was the best that money can buy. You sound exactly like my wife. But, she has agreed to go to the kick-off party at Wyllie Campaign HQ this Saturday night, it's about 5 minutes from our home. She hates politics. She does customer service on the oldest HSAs in the United States. She is smart. She has always said that she wished we could take politics out of the tax-free HSA. I tell her that's like trying to take the red out of ketchup, can't be done yet. I know that as soon as she meets Adrian she is going to immediately fall in love with him, she is DAR, it's in her DNA.

I don't expect anything from the RPF, I have never asked anybody for anything here. I certainly haven't asked for a money bomb. But, I am arranging Adrian to speak to various groups of real estate investors because a guy named Peter Fortunato, a Libertarian, insisted I do that. But I know we are not going to win because of money. Ideas are more valuable than money. So, around 9-11 we are going to spend $499 for an e-release that will go to every newspaper, radio station, 30,000 reporters and more. We are going after Rick Scott. We have 4 million uninsured Floridians and the next Governor should know something about healthcare policy.

You will see, it's going to be fun. As soon as this race is over the very next day the 2016 Presidential race begins. I was a Rand Paul Republican a long time before I became a Wyllie Libertarian. The 1st debate is in my home town, Ames, Iowa, on 8/15/2015. I hope it's Hillary the Democrats choose. I already have Wyllie's endorsement for Rand. Of course Adrian likes Rand, Wyllie is a big Ron Paul supporter and Vise Versa.

The last point I want to make here is, I have a choice between 3, 2 are the type of criminals all of you complain about and say we need to get rid of and 1 is someone who would make a good Governor. I choose the good guy, that's what I can do and will do. If any of you want to vote for one of the two criminals, go at it. As for the ones of you that say that you don't want to do anything, again, go for it. Could you do a favor for all the ones like me that are at least trying, and stop complaining about how bad things are when you sit back and let it happen or even worse, endorse it by voting for criminals. You want all out tyranny? You will have it sooner than you think if you don't get off your ass and at least TRY to do something. You will be just as much to blame as the evil ones.

The Liberterian party will never win a state or local election.
    Inaccurate.

In 40 years they have never won a statewide or nationwide race.
    Inaccurate.

You may be a part of the problem. You should be ashamed of yourself. Ask Ron Paul who he would vote for if he lived in Florida, Rick Scott, Charlie Crist or Adrian Wyllie. If you don't like Libertarians, why would you be on a Ron Paul site? Maybe you would fit in more on a NPR or MSNBC site.
    I doubt that he'd vote.

How is that being part of the problem anyway?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Inaccurate.

Inaccurate.
    If you know those claims to be inaccurate, then would you please name the LP candidates who have ever won any statewide or nationwide races?

Examples, not exhaustive (one would be sufficient):
    Adam Dick, Wisconsin State Elections Board
    Mariam Luce, New Hampshire State Liquor Commission
    John Babiarz, New Hampshire Efficiency in Government Commission

The United States has no nationwide races, other than President and vice-President.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Examples, not exhaustive (one would be sufficient):
    Adam Dick, Wisconsin State Elections Board
    Mariam Luce, New Hampshire State Liquor Commission
    John Babiarz, New Hampshire Efficiency in Government Commission

The United States has no nationwide races, other than President and vice-President.
    He likely meant for Federal office.

I don't think there will NEVER be an LP Governor, but it seems unlikely that Florida would be the place to break that barrier, particularly now and with this race.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    He likely meant for Federal office.

I don't think there will NEVER be an LP Governor, but it seems unlikely that Florida would be the place to break that barrier, particularly now and with this race.
    I certainly agree.

Chris and R.G., while we all appreciate your enthusiasm and contributions I'm sure, having a longer-term perspective would be in order, don't you think? There is more to life than the next election.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast