Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Libertarian candidate for Florida Governor 2014 Adrian Wyllie

Libertarian candidate for Florida Governor 2014 Adrian Wyllie

For all in Florida, please help Adrian Wyllie the Libertarian candidate for Florida Governor. He can win this easily if we help him. Spread the word, contribute to his super brochure program and donate to his campaign. www.WyllieForGovernor.com and the spanish version: VotaPorWyllie.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Governor candidates to make Suncoast appearances Thursday

PrintCreate a hardcopy of this pageFont Size:Default font sizeLarger font size

Rick Scott, Adrian Wyllie

Related Stories

Who are you voting for in race for Governor?
    It's official: Gov. Rick Scott will be taking on former Gov. Charlie Crist in this November's gubernatorial elections. So who will you be voting for?

0%20%40%60%80%

Gov. Rick Scott14.5%
    Charlie Crist21.4%
    Adrian Wyllie62.8%
    Other0%
    No one1.4%

Last edited by R.G; 08-28-2014 at 01:32 PM.

After the stunt Rick Scott pulled in Liberty county with Sheriff Nick Finch, I'm surprised he even made it through the primaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoChris View Post
    He can win this easily if we help him.

You don't really believe that, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yes
    I can't imagine this clown beating
    this great American

Are you talking Libertarian Party?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yes I do, any other questions?

I'm voting for him, but I know he wont win, you must be realistic. What I would love is for him to get over a 10% in November and for Amendment 2 to pass so 1. Libertarian Party of Florida is on the ballot and in the debates and in the polls now, no way around it. 2. Libertarian activists will be the people thanked for Amendment 2 passing making the libertarian alternative more appealing to Floridians. 3. THIS WILL TURN THIS STATE INTO A PURE PURPLE STATE IN 2016. They can no longer ignore this party. A senate seat would really be up for grabs if Nelson doesnt go for re-election, Libertarian Party could no longer be ignored in this scenario. Major party recognition should really be the goal of the Libertarian Party in every state and on a state level looking toward 2016 and pass that as things move in this fashion. That's my $0.02

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are the people on this forum really that easy to take?

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    I am not a party loyalist.

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Wyllie Libertarians think like Gable.

I never had the fear of getting beat, which is how most people lose.
    Dan Gable

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    I am not a party loyalist.
    Good, then you won't waste time with the LP.

Quote Originally Posted by R.G View Post
    Wyllie Libertarians think like Gable.
    Oh, is that how easy it is? The reason so many people have thrown away so much time, energy, and resources on LP candidates all these decades has been that they weren't optimistic enough (never mind the ridiculously overconfident claims that we hear from LP folks election after election)? And now these Wyllie supporters finally discovered the key to victory, and it's all a matter of closing your eyes and clicking your heels together.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Oh, is that how easy it is? The reason so many people have thrown away so much time, energy, and resources on LP candidates all these decades has been that they weren't optimistic enough (never mind the ridiculously overconfident claims that we hear from LP folks election after election)? And now these Wyllie supporters finally discovered the key to victory, and it's all a matter of closing your eyes and clicking your heels together.
    erowe1, the key is the "Power Of Prayer"

All that God is, and all that God has, is at the disposal of prayer. Prayer can do anything that God can do, and as God can do everything, prayer is omnipotent.”
    R.A. Torrey

So pray that Libertarian Wyllie will replace Rick Scott who was CEO of a company that paid the largest Medicare Fraud fine of all time, $1.7 billion.

All that God is, and all that God has, is at the disposal of prayer. Prayer can do anything that God can do, and as God can do everything, prayer is omnipotent.”
    R.A. Torrey

So pray that Libertarian Wyllie will replace Rick Scott who was CEO of a company that paid the largest Medicare Fraud fine of all time, $1.7 billion.

So the prosperity gospel is the answer for a win for the LP? Must be nice to have a god at one's behest for such things.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

FWIW RG and OrlandoChris, I'd take your pumping of your candidate more seriously if your join dates didn't suggest that the only use this forum has to you is as a pool of people you think you can get behind your LP guy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Listen, the problem with the LP is (and always will be, I'm afraid) is that they can't help but fight with each other. I was a LP party member for 20 years. Excited and energetic at first, but disappointed, apathetic, and lethargic by the end. I wish you luck, but I'm done throwing my money down that hole.

As far as the "easily win" comment... Well, let's just say you are in for a dose of reality.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

FWIW RG and OrlandoChris, I'd take your pumping of your candidate more seriously if your join dates didn't suggest that the only use this forum has to you is as a pool of people you think you can get behind your LP guy.
    Be careful erowel1 the RPF might have a few SNIOPs lurking. You need to know how to train fleas!

Be careful erowel1 the RPF might have a few SNIOPs lurking. You need to know how to train fleas!
    We do a lot of that training here. We take the lid off by directing candidates to Republican primaries, where they without exception stand greater chances of victory than in a general election.

Notice how the LP keeps exhausting people bumping into that 2% lid.

So who's really discouraging the SNIOPs?

Yes
    I can't imagine this clown beating
    this great American

Do you two believe in the easter bunny as well?

Seriously how long have you been involved in politics? The LP has never held ANY statewide office no less national office. If your guy gets lucky and does really well he might get 2%.

Most recent FL Gov Poll puts Wyllie at 4%. I've lived in Florida, people don't vote third party there for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    So the prosperity gospel is the answer for a win for the LP? Must be nice to have a god at one's behest for such things.
    I never said anything about prosperity.

I went to Iowa State University(ISU) on a wrestling scholarship, the #1 team in America at the time so I know a thing or two about winners and losers. I'm lucky though because my wife is so smart. We went to this meeting in Dallas together and management had this basketball coach going to tell us about motivation and I told my wife, "Sure, they get a basketball coach." My smart wife says, "Keep an open mind." At the end of the speech my wife looks at me and says, "See, that's the best motivational speaker I have ever seen, right? I said, "OK, you are right again."

Nobody has the time to watch this speech but I do have a copy of it that I will share with you. Basketball's Jimmy Valvano - about winning!

Good, then you won't waste time with the LP.
    By not being a party loyalist I meant Rick Scott doesn't have my vote by default because he has a R next to his name.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

R.A. Torrey

I never said anything about prosperity.

I went to Iowa State University(ISU) on a wrestling scholarship, the #1 team in America at the time so I know a thing or two about winners and losers. I'm lucky though because my wife is so smart. We went to this meeting in Dallas together and management had this basketball coach going to tell us about motivation and I told my wife, "Sure, they get a basketball coach." My smart wife says, "Keep an open mind." At the end of the speech my wife looks at me and says, "See, that's the best motivational speaker I have ever seen, right? I said, "OK, you are right again."

Nobody has the time to watch this speech but I do have a copy of it that I will share with you. Basketball's Jimmy Valvano - about winning!
    The prosperity gospel goes by many names: Word of Faith, Health and Wealth, Name It and Claim It. This “different gospel” teaches that God provides rewards, including personal happiness, financial wealth and physical health, for believers who have sufficient faith.
    http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2...isuising/32019

Let me start by quoting R.A. Torrey who said, "There is no spiritual blessing that any believer enjoys that may not be yours..."The previously unheard of idea of Christians having all needs and desires met was originally espoused nationally by Dr. Oral Roberts as a biblical principle known as seedtime and harvest. Following Dr. Roberts with an expanded version of the seedtime and harvest message was Dr. Kenneth Hagen. Following in Dr. Roberts and Dr Hagen's footsteps came Kenneth Copeland who proclaimed the word of faith variation of seedtime and harvest with extreme success. Kenneth Copeland Ministries has one of the largest television viewer ratings in America for religious programming. Those who follow the word of faith or seedtime and harvest doctrine have been labeled by some as the word people. The word people qualify as a grass roots movement within Christendom.

There are those within the body of Christ who place emphasis on material gain. Others have assigned unflattering names to the Word movement such as "name it and claim it people" or "blab it and grab it people."...

Two things must be at work, both faith and giving are required for success...

It is not Biblical if faith or believing does not come first and our words are substituted for the word of God. You can take a scripture and stand on that scripture by claiming that scripture and as an act of faith give money or time or prayer for others as a seed, if, now please understand what "if" means here, if your money, time or prayer time is precious to your well being. Then it becomes a seed, or sacrifice to God and proof you believe God's words. When you have done that you can biblically name it and claim it.
    http://www.spiritualliving360.com/in...sperity-24737/

Prosperity gospel is the term for the idea you have proposed for success in seeking the office of Governor. The above links describe the use of prayer for such ventures and the different names this belief goes by of which prosperity gospel is one. The term prosperity is not limited to financial success but is often thought of as such. Prosperity is the state of being successful...

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2...isuising/32019

http://www.spiritualliving360.com/in...sperity-24737/

Prosperity gospel is the term for the idea you have proposed for success in seeking the office of Governor. The above links describe the use of prayer for such ventures and the different names this belief goes by of which prosperity gospel is one. The term prosperity is not limited to financial success but is often thought of as such. Prosperity is the state of being successful...
    So moonstruk, you twist R A Torrey into Dr. Oral Roberts. Let's see what R. A. Torrey said about Dr. Oral Roberts who will follow 40 years later:

Do not study commentaries, lesson helps or other books about the Bible: study the Bible itself. Do not study about the Bible, study the Bible. The Bible is the Word of God, and only the Bible is the Word of God. - R. A. Torrey

I hope this answers your question moonstuk. moonstruk, are you suggesting that people should not pray?

I am in FL and absolutely voting for Wyllie. I don't care if he wins 1%, proud to be counted among those people. One day boobus will wake the f up. Stupid videos go viral all the time and we have a shot nowadays more than ever to elect a non mainstream candidate. People who vote for Crist or Scott because Wyllie has no chance are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    I am in FL and absolutely voting for Wyllie. I don't care if he wins 1%, proud to be counted among those people. One day boobus will wake the f up. Stupid videos go viral all the time and we have a shot nowadays more than ever to elect a non mainstream candidate. People who vote for Crist or Scott because Wyllie has no chance are part of the problem.
    There's no reason his getting 1% should bother you if all you did was vote for him. I've voted for third party candidates too, and I probably will again, if I ever vote again. But if you devoted a major part of your life, energy, and money, over months, and then he only got that predictable 1%, you'd rightfully wonder why you did all that, and whether more profitable investments of all that time, energy, and money could have been made.
    Last edited by erowe1; 08-29-2014 at 06:19 PM.

So moonstruk, you twist R A Torrey into Dr. Oral Roberts. Let's see what R. A. Torrey said about Dr. Oral Roberts who will follow 40 years later:

Do not study commentaries, lesson helps or other books about the Bible: study the Bible itself. Do not study about the Bible, study the Bible. The Bible is the Word of God, and only the Bible is the Word of God. - R. A. Torrey

I hope this answers your question moonstuk. moonstruk, are you suggesting that people should not pray?
    Matthew 6:9"Pray, then, in this way:
    ‘Our Father who is in heaven,
    Hallowed be Your name.

10‘Your kingdom come.
    Your will be done,
    On earth as it is in heaven

I don't twist anything. It is you doing the praying and expecting a specific outcome. So must be nice to have a god you can command for specific results.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

The Liberterian party will never win a state or local election. All the average voter sees them as is the party that wants legal heroin and nambla.

That said I voted LP in the last presidential election. It was a protest, I didn't like either major party candidate.

I'm under no illusion their candidate can "easily win" or win at all. I won't help them win that 2% with my time or money either, it's pointless and hopeless. In 40 years they have never won a statewide or nationwide race. I don't see how much clearer it could be, it's not going to happen for them.
    Last edited by 69360; 08-29-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast