Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romney leads Iowa by double digits - duplicate thread

Romney leads Iowa by double digits - duplicate thread

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...2.html?ml=po_r

The day after Mitt Romney opened the door to another possible presidential run, a new poll shows he has a huge lead among likely 2016 Iowa Republican caucus voters.According to a USA Today/Suffolk University poll released Wednesday, 35 percent of likely GOP caucus voters would vote for the 2012 GOP nominee in 2016. When Romney’s name was added to the pool, no other candidate received double-digit votes.

The survey comes as rumors have begun to swirl about a potential Romney bid for president in 2016. After months of insisting that he will not run again, the former Massachusetts governor on Tuesday acknowledged that “circumstances can change.”
    “Circumstances can change, but I’m just not going to let my head go there,” he said during an interview on the “The Hugh Hewitt Show” radio program.

In Wednesday’s survey of 170 likely caucus voters, 9 percent said they would vote for former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, putting him in a distant second to Romney. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum both came in third at 6 percent, while Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul tied for fifth with 5 percent.
    Ten percent of likely voters said they were undecided.
    In a field survey that did not include Romney, Huckabee scored 13 percent of the vote and Christie 10 percent, with 17 percent of voters saying they were undecided.

A June survey reported that Romney also had a double-digit lead over all listed potential Republican presidential contenders in New Hampshire, suggesting he has strong support in each of the first two presidential nominating contests.

In addition to losing to President Barack Obama in the 2012 general election, Romney unsuccessfully ran for the GOP nomination in 2008. Before Tuesday, he had said several times that he wants to give other Republican contenders a chance in 2016.

The survey was conducted Aug. 23-26 on landlines and cellphones. The margin of error for the 500-person general election survey was plus or minus 4.4 percentage points; there was no listed margin of error for the smaller selection of likely Republican caucus voters.

Meanwhile, a Gallup poll released Wednesday reveals that Republicans are giving more thought to the midterm elections coming in November.

Forty-two percent of Republicans answered that they have given “quite a lot” or “some” thought to the upcoming election — an increase from the 37 percent who answered similarly in April — while only 27 percent of Democrats showed the same amount of engagement. In April, 13 percent more Republicans answered that they were giving midterms “quite a lot” or “some” thought, and by August the gap has increased to 15 percent.

Regardless of political parties, only one-third of Americans say that are engaged in the upcoming elections.
    This Gallup poll was conducted between August 7-10 among 1,032 adults and has a sampling error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

Looks like we have a new frontrunner.
    Last edited by 56ktarget; 08-27-2014 at 04:07 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol this post makes me laugh!! Omfg Mitt Romney!! soooo scary!!!!

Yeah I know Ron Paul kicked his ass during the primaries and got the nomination...

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Yeah I know Ron Paul kicked his ass during the primaries and got the nomination...

Oh wait...
    Yes and after that Mitt Romney won the white house! Oh wait...

Kennedy had a much larger lead than that over Carter in 1979, but Kennedy didn't win. Stone cold stunner.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

This is why I hate America.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

just remember that mitt will have to debate rand at some point, well unless he dodges him like he did ron.

....aaand the Denver Broncos are favored to win 2015 Superbowl....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Kennedy had a much larger lead than that over Carter in 1979, but Kennedy didn't win. Stone cold stunner.
    Maybe we should dig up Kennedy and add him to this poll too so the OP can have something else irrelevant to gloat about?

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...2.html?ml=po_r

Looks like we have a new frontrunner.
    wait...what?...you mean there's someone else with more neg reps than you?...

Don't feed the trolls
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Paulite thinking: *Disregard all polls besides the ones that show Rand Paul winning*

Because that worked out so well in 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Don't feed the trolls

we're allowed at least one to play with...

Paulite thinking: *Disregard all polls besides the ones that show Rand Paul winning*

ouch....that almost hurt...

try harder.

If Romney wins the nom than we can make sure he looses again.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    ouch....that almost hurt...

try harder.
    Yeah, we got a deep thinker in this gal hahahaha

Actually, there was discussion about other polls and their methodology fairly recently that showed Rand in single digits nationally. Where were you on that one?

This is a poll of "likely caucus voters" in Iowa. It is likely to get closer scrutiny from Rand's team, to figure out who's "likely" to vote for Romney and why that is, and whether there are things Rand can highlight to move higher in their standing... assuming that the poll provides decent data. It's 2014. At this point, just remaining a contender with a mostly positive media presence is a win.

As far as Ron, he was not a contender with positive media coverage in 2010, or even 2006, with regards to the presidential election. You are comparing apples and oranges.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Actually, there was discussion about other polls and their methodology fairly recently that showed Rand in single digits nationally. Where were you on that one?

This is a poll of "likely caucus voters" in Iowa. It is likely to get closer scrutiny from Rand's team, to figure out who's "likely" to vote for Romney and why that is, and whether there are things Rand can highlight to move higher in their standing... assuming that the poll provides decent data. It's 2014. At this point, just remaining a contender with a mostly positive media presence is a win.

As far as Ron, he was not a contender with positive media coverage in 2010, or even 2006, with regards to the presidential election. You are comparing apples and oranges.
    You shouldn't dignify the OP with a serious answer for a couple reasons. First she wouldn't understand you anyways and second, she only posted that here to get a reaction. Attention whore is the industry term for it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    If Romney wins the nom than we can make sure he looses again.
    I will certainly stay home.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

where did our hit and run raper in anger run off to?

More like disregarding dipsticks who read "blogs," and then can't even summarize them accurately. You're the same person who posted about insurance rates falling by 2% in Arkansas, when it was actually just a prediction by some actuary.

I predict that I will find a pot of gold, write a bestseller, and pitch in the majors next year. Put that in your "blog."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

What a downright Piece of $#@! response... If you had any glimmer of brain power swirling in that grey mass of yours, you'd know how Ron was treated by the media machine. How he was constantly marginalized / attacked / ridiculed. Your intellectual dishonesty is really discouraging.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Carter was an incumbent President. That's a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    What a downright Piece of $#@! response... If you had any glimmer of brain power swirling in that grey mass of yours, you'd know how Ron was treated by the media machine. How he was constantly marginalized / attacked / ridiculed. Your intellectual dishonesty is really discouraging.
    Did I say that that was right? No I didn't. And if you think that won't happen again you are deluding yourself.

Only if they had polled McCain, I bet he would have been #1 over Romney. Really, what is wrong with these people?

What!!??

Haven't people realized what a flip flopper Mitt Romney is and that he does not represent republican ideals?
    Last edited by Be curious; 08-27-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Only if they had polled McCain, I bet he would have been #1 over Romney. Really, what is wrong with these people?
    Meh...typical GOP.

That would be right up their alley to ensure eight years of Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Be curious View Post
    Haven't people realized what a flip flopper Mitt Romney is and that he does not represent republican ideals?
    I don't think Boobus realizes when he drops a turd in the toilet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast