Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Gamer Gets SWAT Raided During Live Stream

Video Gamer Gets SWAT Raided During Live Stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGnPUUQ1ZoA

GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo. - An online gamer's video shows the moment armed officers burst into an office in Littleton Wednesday afternoon to investigate a report of an "active shooter." The report proved to be false, but the investigation caused nearby schools to enact security procedures and businesses to be evacuated.

Officers were searching the building at 1221 W. Mineral Ave. after a report of an active shooter, but found no evidence of a shooting. They now suspect this was a false report and are searching for the person who used a landline phone to call it in.
    cont.
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ay-and-mineral

Apparently this isn't the first time this has happened; people prank call the police on video game streamers/youtubers...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/TheCreatures...t_got_swatted/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Terrorists Win!"

4:46

That's all we need to know.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

so "americans"ask yourself this:
    DO
    YOU
    FEEL
    SAFER???
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

If you're innocent you've got nothing to hide... er... uh...
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

How is this SWATTING phenomenon funny?

If you get "SWATTED", don't be surprised if you get charged with something or other ...

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/twit...-whiteboy7hst/

Twitch streamer's pot stash uncovered during 'swatting' prank

By Ian J. Barker on August 18, 2014

The Twitch culture of tongue-in-cheek references, ubiquitous emotes, and spam-happy attention seeking met with a wake up call today after sending one of its most prolific streamers to jail.

Alexander “Whiteboy7thst” Wachs, a popular Illinois-based streamer of the zombie survival game DayZ, found himself in over his head yesterday as a SWAT teamed stormed his otherwise unassuming home.

Of course, the SWAT team’s arrival was no coincidence. It was the result of a prank known as “swatting." This usually involves calling in an anonymous tip to the local police department, indicating that the broadcaster is in possession of some powerful explosives. Twitch viewers then watch the raid live as the local authorities respond.

Unfortunately for Wachs, the prank turned out to be more than just a minor disturbance.

During the raid, Will County police officers uncovered the streamer’s stash of cannabis. Viewers witnessed police forces removing him from his home.

Public records indicate that Wachs was arrested for possession of between 30 and 500 grams of cannabis and was detained at the Will County Adult Detention Facility. snip

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    How is this SWATTING phenomenon funny?
    Not funny, but if it starts happening more often, causing more chaos, maybe some policies and procedures will be changed -- or not . It's just a matter of time before some mundane gets killed in one of these raids -- though it would be better if it was a SWAT goon.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-27-2014 at 04:43 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

If dude had surround sound they would probably have shot at the speakers.

if he has a lawyer that knows what color the sky is he shouldn't even get convicted of having that pot, because they searched his home without a warrant.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Not funny, but if it starts happening more often, causing more chaos, maybe some policies and procedures will be changed -- or not . It's just a matter of time before some mundane gets killed in one of these raids -- though it would be better if it was a SWAT goon.
    It's doubtful. Cowboy Rambo Cop loves this $#@!. It doesn't matter if there's any truth to the call, he lives for the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    if he has a lawyer that knows what color the sky is he shouldn't even get convicted of having that pot, because they searched his home without a warrant.
    Whats your point? Are you allowed to board an airplane without ID and being searched even though you have done nothing wrong and without a warrant?

The comments on the youtube link, well, they make me so proud to be Murican!
    I'd be upset because I wouldn't know what's going on, but knowing later why they did it I'd be glad they did. What if it was a school with someone's children in it? Or an office building with family members, moms and dads in there? I'd rather them get the job done fast and efficient than do it polite and risk lives.
    Yeah, be glad a team of armed officers knocked your door down and pointed guns at you. I mean, kids. It's for the kids. and officer safety. Freedom. It was for all that.

Thank you police!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

LOL -----> http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-video-cameras

I would like to report a murder at 3:35 in the video, but he did have a bomb.

btw, why the $#@! would you tell them how to stop video evidence for your protection, dumbass?
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

No one comments on how one officer picks up his cell phone, and starts going through his calls / texts?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intoxiklown View Post
    No one comments on how one officer picks up his cell phone, and starts going through his calls / texts?
    he offered it to them
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    he offered it to them
    I must have misheard. Thought they just asked him where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by LibForestPaul View Post
    Whats your point? Are you allowed to board an airplane without ID and being searched even though you have done nothing wrong and without a warrant?
    as far as I understand you're consenting to be searched when moving through a terminal, though I'm not sure how successful people are saying "No, you may not check my bag." and try to leave
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 08-27-2014 at 09:13 PM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

I'm actually surprised how lax this was, I was expecting a video of a swat team throwing in a flashbang or smoke (though that might be unwise because you only get a max of one each per round) and then knocking the guy out with the butt of a gun. (Though I guess that would be impossible, since the only melee attack is knifing)

- Edward R. Murrow

Well done, swatt-fkers.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    nobody else thinks that whole thing looks fake???

the cop's voices at the beginning sound like frat boys trying to sound like cops.

If you have a relative in the police force, piece of cake to "hey guys. Let's make a crazy video!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    You didn't bother to read the thread did you?

The guy was arrested,,
    http://www.dailydot.com/esports/twit...-whiteboy7hst/
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post

the cop's voices at the beginning sound like frat boys trying to sound like cops.

If you have a relative in the police force, piece of cake to "hey guys. Let's make a crazy video!!!"
    Nearby schools, according to local media, were temporarily placed on lockdown due to the phantom threat.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ay-and-mineral

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1919640
    Last edited by orenbus; 08-27-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When I get a different house, definitely getting metal doors. It's ridiculous that all someone has to do is call in and the cops will deliver 5 guns pointed at your head.

Here is an interview between local channel 7 news anchor and a guy who has taken credit for the prank call:

4:46 That's all we need to know.
    Yup. Wanna rob somebody in broad daylight? 1) Dress up in $#@! costumes 2) bust in the mundane's house 3) hogtie/handcuff the mundane 4) take everything in sight while harassing said mundane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

1:27-1:35... That's the truth.

Alleged call starts at 4:01

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast