Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Gamer Gets SWAT Raided During Live Stream

From Reddit:

Cop: "What about this is funny to you?"
    Game: "Terrorists Win."
    Guy: "Nothing..."
    He's lucky his sound was on headphones, just imagine the cops walking in and the game going "You have the bomb!" "Terrorists win!"
    ###
    Also the pistol cocking sound when the round started. Probably not the best sound for a SWAT team to hear as they're frisking you.
    ###
    "Okay boys, now we fight!" (round being chambered)
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Here is an interview between local channel 7 news anchor and a guy who has taken credit for the prank call:
    That looks like another case of a news station being pranked -- I don't think anyone is going to be texting on the phone while the FBI is searching his house.

"Why did I do it ... because I can." Prank or not, the guy should be a cop -- that's their attitude also.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulIsGreat View Post
    When I get a different house, definitely getting metal doors. It's ridiculous that all someone has to do is call in and the cops will deliver 5 guns pointed at your head.
    Only people with something to hide would have metal doors, comrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

in b4 News 7 gets SWAT'd

This is the report.
    http://www.9news.com/story/news/educ...k-in/14689151/

The caller used a practice known as "swatting" when he called 911 at around 11:30 a.m. claiming to have killed co-workers inside a building near Mineral and Broadway. He also claimed to have set bombs inside.
    That's a pretty $#@!ty prank.

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    in b4 News 7 gets SWAT'd
    The sad thing is, that would actually be a *good* thing. Things will have to get a lot worse before they will ever get any better. Let everybody have a little taste of state-sponsored mayhem and chaos.

People can blow off "wrong door" raids as being something that's about as likely to happen to them as being hit by lightning . And they can say, "oh well, that's what you get for living in the 'hood next door to drug dealers."

However, if more and more people get "SWATTED", especially high-profile non-mundane targets -- more inoccents targeted in areas outside "the 'hood" --, then maybe more people will start questioning why the police are doing military-style raids based on anonymous tips and the word of dubious "informants."

Last edited by orenbus; 08-28-2014 at 07:34 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    nobody else thinks that whole thing looks fake???

the cop's voices at the beginning sound like frat boys trying to sound like cops.

If you have a relative in the police force, piece of cake to "hey guys. Let's make a crazy video!!!"
    they're all crisis actors
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can S.W.A.T. teams get ANY more idiotic than they are now?? Next they will be swatting grandma's bridge club...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Can S.W.A.T. teams get ANY more idiotic than they are now?? Next they will be swatting grandma's bridge club...
    Any government agency can get dumber. Just give it time...
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    They've already swatted grandmas' poker games so bridge could be next...

In 2007 a Dallas SWAT team actually raided a Veterans of Foreign Wars outpost for hosting charity poker games. Players said the tactics were terrifying. One woman urinated on herself.

When police raided a San Mateo, California, poker game in 2008, card players described cops storming the place “in full riot gear” and “with guns drawn.” The games had buy-ins ranging from $25 to $55. Under California law, the games were legal so long as no one took a “rake,” or a cut of the stakes. No one had, but police claimed the $5 the hosts charged players to buy refreshments qualified as a rake.

In March 2007, a small army of local cops, ATF agents, National Guard troops, and a helicopter raided a poker game in Cary, North Carolina. They issued forty-one citations, all of them misdemeanors. A columnist at the Fayetteville Observer remarked, “They were there to play cards, not to foment rebellion. . . . [I] wonder . . . what other minutiae, personal vices and petty crimes are occupying [the National Guard’s] time, and where they’re occupying it. . . . Until we get this sorted out, better not jaywalk. There could be a military helicopter overhead.”
    Indeed, that’s exactly what happened to seventy-two-year-old Aaron Awtry in 2010. Awtry was hosting a poker tournament in his Greenville, South Carolina, home when police began breaking down the door with a battering ram.

Awtry had begun carrying a gun after being robbed. Thinking he was about to be robbed again, he fired through the door, wounding Deputy Matthew May in both arms. The other officers opened fire into the building. Miraculously, only Awtry was hit.

As he fell back into a hallway, other players reporting him asking, “Why didn’t you tell me it was the cops?” The raid team claimed they knocked and announced several times before putting ram to door, but other players said they heard no knock or announcement.

When Awtry recovered, he was charged with attempted murder. As part of an agreement, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to five years in prison. Police had broken up Awtry’s games in the past. But on those occasions, they had knocked and waited, he had let them in peacefully, and he’d been given a $100 fine.
    http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/%E2%...ut_of_control/

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    The sad thing is, that would actually be a *good* thing. Things will have to get a lot worse before they will ever get any better. Let everybody have a little taste of state-sponsored mayhem and chaos.

People can blow off "wrong door" raids as being something that's about as likely to happen to them as being hit by lightning . And they can say, "oh well, that's what you get for living in the 'hood next door to drug dealers."

However, if more and more people get "SWATTED", especially high-profile non-mundane targets -- more inoccents targeted in areas outside "the 'hood" --, then maybe more people will start questioning why the police are doing military-style raids based on anonymous tips and the word of dubious "informants."
    And all these years later,, and many more incidents.

and they are still killing by anonymous tip.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12