Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kent Sorenson pleads guilty to accepting payments to switch support

Kent Sorenson pleads guilty to accepting payments to switch support

http://www.kcci.com/news/doj-former-...757234#!bLjaEh

We need to find out who paid him so they aren't working for Rand in 2016.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    http://www.kcci.com/news/doj-former-...757234#!bLjaEh

Yup, this sort of thing will destroy Rand if it happens again.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post

We don't necessarily know that anyone did. It's possible that the DoJ had some evidence that MIGHT suggest bribery, and this guy was so frightened by the slightest prospect that he could end up in jail that he agreed to a plea bargain despite not actually being guilty. Alternatively, the DoJ might've had some evidence that he did something else (remember, this guy resigned from the IA Senate due to evidence of illegal dealings with Bachmann's campaign) and agreed to admit to this in exchange for the DoJ dropping investigation of the other matter.

Former Iowa Senator Kent Sorenson Pleads Guilty to Accepting Money to Back Ron Paul

Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

Neither Lori Pyeatt, Ron Paul’s granddaughter and the treasurer of his 2012 presidential campaign, nor Jesse Benton, who was Paul’s campaign manager (and is now manager of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s re-election campaign), had responded to requests for comment at the time this post was published.
    This is bad.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Dang. I think this is the first time that I've ever read anything like this with the statesman's name attached to it in some way.

Smells like Jesse Benton to me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure what to say about it... But he did take the money ? What a bastard. (and whomever paid him)

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Dang. I think this is the first time that I've ever read anything like this with the statesman's name attached to it in some way.
    I'd be really surprised if he knew anything about it. All indications are that he didn't.

The Compost just released an article on it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...or-pay-scheme/
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    The Compost just released an article on it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...or-pay-scheme/
    That's very disrespectful to compost, imho.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Who cares? I couldn't care less if Sorenson and/or Benton go to jail for this. Sorenson doesn't have integrity and whoever paid him doesn't either.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Obstructing Justice umm Clapper.

Earlier story with the memos.

http://www.opensecrets.org/news/2013...sed-of-trying/

Politics!

<spits on the ground>

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Who cares? I couldn't care less if Sorenson and/or Benton go to jail for this. Sorenson doesn't have integrity and whoever paid him doesn't either.
    I hate to see Ron's name dragged into it though.

It isn’t clear if the investigation is continuing, but Sorenson has been granted immunity from further prosecution on federal and state charges, as has his wife, according to the plea agreement.
    Count on him singing like a canary, assuming any of this horse$#@! is even true.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I'd be really surprised if he knew anything about it. All indications are that he didn't.
    "I disavow any of their actions, I didn't know anything about it."

-Ron Paul

On a serious note, I don't believe RP knew anything about it. And I can see Benton being elbow deep in it.
    Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    This is all about hurting Ron Paul because believe it or not, he still makes the news, places like this are still pretty active...

Quote Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post

-Ron Paul

On a serious note, I don't believe RP knew anything about it. And I can see Benton being elbow deep in it.
    ^this

And I hope it's enough to keep Benton miles away from 2016.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

There were some Benton apologists around, hope they get the message...

Quote Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post

-Ron Paul
    What you post in jest just highlights further the madness of politics and central planning.

anyone that wants to get PAID for an endorsement is nothing more than a tick and has no principles.

You either support someone or you don't. And anyone on any campaign PAYING for an endorsement is a $#@!ty campaign manager!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    What you post in jest just highlights further the madness of politics and central planning.
    I've gotten neg repped for it before and will probably again this time...

People call us Paulbots for a reason - we like to see no fault in our own messiah. But I have always said, sometimes his choice of people surrounding him has pointed to a lack of discernment. While grace and forgiveness can be good for personal relationships, it doesn't work as well in politics. And family should not be running the campaign.

Iowa Senator, I'm from Iowa and I think of Senator Grassley and Democrat Harkin. They have both been there forever. This guy must be really old.

He is from Milo, never heard of Milo, Iowa. Maybe former State Senator would have been a better title. That's what the Des Moines Register calls him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.G View Post
    Iowa Senator, I'm from Iowa and I think of Senator Grassley and Democrat Harkin. They have both been there forever. This guy must be really old.

He is from Milo, never heard of Milo, Iowa. Maybe former State Senator would have been a better title. That's what the Des Moines Register calls him.
    He was a State Senator.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Smells like Jesse Benton to me.
    Me too! I had a bad feeling about that guy from the very beginning.

Where's our resident expert?

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Collinz
    This is just the way the game has to be played. The main point to take away from this is that gains were made. We need to raise more funds through those that have an excellent record of collecting them. This just goes to show how strong we have become.

Where's our resident expert?
    Under indictment?

One thing is certain a Ron Paul presidency would be going into its first scandal. "What did the president know and when did he know it?"
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

"After Sorenson publicly switched his endorsement, Paul’s campaign routed the state senator a total of $73,000 in 2012, transferring the payments through a film production company and another company to conceal the intended recipient, according to court filings. Sorenson wanted the payments kept secret because of Iowa Senate ethics rules that prohibit sitting senators from accepting payments from a political campaign, according to court papers.

Smoking gun right there. The money was laundered. Wasn't a jewlery store involved too?

Sorenson is facing five to 20 in a Federal pen. You think he plead guilty so he could do some easy time? My guess is the Feds will be happy see him pay a fine and pick up trash on the highway for a year. They've got bigger fish to fry.

If I'm Jesse Benton I'm asking Mitch for some D.C legal referrals right about now. Might as well get something out being a glorified gofer.

"Yup, this sort of thing will destroy Rand if it happens again."

It will happen again if he continues to employ the same people. I think Rand can do better than Benton and Tate and the parasites at Sabre Communications.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast