Thread: Cops victims of a disturbing hate crime in Brooklyn

Cops victims of a disturbing hate crime in Brooklyn

Brooklyn cops investigating anti-NYPD graffiti

By Natasha Velez

August 27, 2014 | 12:06pm
    Modal Trigger [IMG]http://********************************/2014/08/nypd.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1[/IMG]

This anti-NYPD graffiti is just half a block from the 94th precinct in Greenpoint.
    Photo: Paul Martinka

Cops themselves may be the victims of
    a disturbing hate crime in Brooklyn, police sources said Tuesday.

“NAZIS=NYPD,” a vandal spray-painted, along with a swastika, on a police car.

Other hateful messages — painted on and near a school in Williamsburg — proclaimed, “NYPD pick on the harmless,” and “NYPD pick on the innocent.”
    The harsh words come just days after an anti-cop protest on Staten Island.

A custodian at P.S. 31 on Lorimer and Mesorole streets discovered the tags at around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, police sources said.

Cop-hating and anti-Semitic remarks were also plastered on vans and scooters near the school, the sources said.

A Rite Aid shop and a post office were also also hit with the graffiti, according to police sources.

The NYPD’s Hate Crime Task Force is investigating, police sources said.

Investigators are scouring the area for video surveillance to identify the vandal or vandals, police sources said. Nobody is being questioned at this time, the sources said.

On Sunday, thousands of protesters slammed the NYPD for the death of Eric Garner, who died after a cop placed him in a chokehold.

The custodian reported the disturbing messages to the 94th precinct.
    Last edited by presence; 08-27-2014 at 02:01 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Hate Crime Task Force"

lol
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I am disturbed!
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "Hate Crime Task Force"

lol
    Hey a couple of $5.00 cans of spray paint equates to umpteen $75,000+ government jobs...

And............Whataya want to bet they have a SWAT team or 7?

the
    writing
    on
    the
    wall
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

How in the world is this a "hate crime"?

I understand that the cops = nazis comparison is overblown, but I don't really feel bad for them either, and its a welcome change from all the cop-worship

One: Weren't hate crimes defined as hate against people for their race, or gender, or age, or for other things beyond their control? And wouldn't this expansion of the definition to include professions mean that cops who target, say, pimps or safecrackers would be committing 'hate crimes'?

Two, is any use of the swastika now considered anti-semitic? So, using the swastika to decry the holocaust would now be considered prejudice against Jews?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-27-2014 at 04:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Two, is any use of the swastika now considered anti-semitic? So, using the swastika to decry the holocaust would now be considered prejudice against Jews?
    Exactly why I was thinking wtf while reading.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Police officers were so upset it put them off their feed.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Graffiti on someone else's property is the only crime I see here,and it looks like it has happened before,judging from the painted bricks.

The message,on the other hand,is the absolute truth,in fact and in Law.How could anybody construe this message as any sort of crime,let alone a "Hate Crime"?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    the
    writing
    on
    the
    wall

don't that near a doughnut shop.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post

I understand that the cops = nazis comparison is overblown
    Yes, it is -- however, a comparison to the police/Stasi of the former East Germany isn't very far off the mark ...

Update:

The NYPD does not take making fun of the NYPD lightly. A 36-year-old woman in Brooklyn has been arrested and charged with criminal mischief as a hate crime, plus aggravated harassment, for spray-painting PG-13 punk sentiments on police vehicles and a public school wall in Williamsburg. Her allegedly hateful messages included "Nazis=NYPD" and "a wrongful arrest is a crime."
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ate-crime.html

When it comes to such heinous crimes they always get their man, or woman in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Graffiti on someone else's property is the only crime I see here,and it looks like it has happened before,judging from the painted bricks.

The message,on the other hand,is the absolute truth,in fact and in Law.How could anybody construe this message as any sort of crime,let alone a "Hate Crime"?
    Government doesn't rightfully own property, so graffiti on government property shouldn't be a crime, nor should destruction of government property.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Yes, it is -- however, a comparison to the police/Stasi of the former East Germany isn't very far off the mark ...
    May be. I don't know much about the East German stasi. That's the comparison Eric Peters uses most often. The US police are certainly pretty darn bad.

looks like the 'bending to one knee with head bowed' as you approach a 'hero' is not to far off afterall...

start practicing. Your local Police Precinct will be giving lessons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Police officers were so upset it put them off their feed.
    One piggy nearly choked to death on a donut. Luckily his laughter saved his life and he coughed it up watching his partner taser and beat the clerk.

May be. I don't know much about the East German stasi. That's the comparison Eric Peters uses most often. The US police are certainly pretty darn bad.
    Get reading, brother.

By the 1970s, the Stasi had decided that methods of overt persecution which had been employed up to that time, such as arrest and torture, were too crude and obvious. It was realised that psychological harassment was far less likely to be recognised for what it was, so its victims, and their supporters, were less likely to be provoked into active resistance, given that they would often not be aware of the source of their problems, or even its exact nature. Zersetzung was designed to side-track and "switch off" perceived enemies so that they would lose the will to continue any "inappropriate" activities.

Tactics employed under Zersetzung generally involved the disruption of the victim's private or family life. This often included psychological attacks such as breaking into homes and messing with the contents – moving furniture, altering the timing of an alarm, removing pictures from walls or replacing one variety of tea with another. Other practices included property damage, sabotage of cars, purposely incorrect medical treatment, smear campaigns including sending falsified compromising photos or documents to the victim's family, denunciation, provocation, psychological warfare, psychological subversion, wiretapping, bugging, mysterious phone calls or unnecessary deliveries, even including sending a vibrator to a target's wife. Usually victims had no idea the Stasi were responsible. Many thought they were losing their minds, and mental breakdowns and suicide could result.

One great advantage of the harassment perpetrated under Zersetzung was that its subtle nature meant that it was able to be plausibly denied. That was important given that the GDR was trying to improve its international standing during the 1970s and 80s, especially in conjunction with the Ostpolitik of West-German chancellor Willy Brandt massively improving relations between the two German states.

Government doesn't rightfully own property, so graffiti on government property shouldn't be a crime, nor should destruction of government property.
    There was a Rite Aid involved. They're the real victims in this story.

There was a Rite Aid involved.

This is probably the most absurd evocation of the absurd notion of "hate crime," in American history.

I'm pretty sure that this is actually just civil disobedience.

The whole "two wrongs don't make a right," notion is beyond you, I guess?

The idea of "hate crime" was one of the worst concepts ever introduced into American law.
    Summum Jus, Summa Iniuria - More Law, Less Justice

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speaking Ill of the Police is a “Hate Crime”

William Norman Grigg

The NYPD has now added its name to the roster of Officially Protected Victims by filing “hate crimes” charges against 36-year-old Rosella Best, who had tagged police vehicles and a public school with anti-NYPD graffiti. Among the entirely defensible sentiments inscribed by Best are “NYPD pick on the harmless,” “NYPD pick on the innocent,” and — in a display of familiar but increasingly justified hyperbole — “NAZIS=NYPD.” (Assuming that Ms. Best used only “public” property as her canvas, it’s difficult to identify an actual victim in this case.)

Like other agencies of its kind, the NYPD is well-stocked with the kind of privileged bullies who have mastered the art of simultaneously swaggering and simpering. Thus anonymous sources described the graffiti to the New York Post as “a disturbing hate crime.” After Best was identified through video surveillance, the department arrested her and charged her with “criminal mischief as a hate crime.”

Under Article 485 of New York Penal Law, a “hate crime” must involve “violence, intimidation [or] destruction of property” inspired by animus toward people on the basis of “race, color, national origin, ancestry. gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability, or sexual orientation.” Absent from that inventory is any mention of occupation as a “protected category,” which means that the NYPD must consider itself to be either a tribe, a cult, or perhaps even a sexual orientation, most likely one that fetishizes sadistic mistreatment of the helpless.

The statute also specifies that the offending act must be intended to “inflict on victims incalculable physical and emotional damage” and be intended to “intimidate and disrupt entire communities….” By filing a hate crimes charge against Ms. Best, the NYPD is certifying that its rank and file consists of people who are wounded and intimidated by public criticism. If the bold and valiant badasses of the NYPD must be protected from words, they’re obviously ill-suited to protect the public, as if that noble calling were part of their actual job description.

So if I'm from Wisconsin....and someone from Chicago spray paints my car while I'm in Chicago, "Go back to WI you fat $#@!! You Nazi bastard!" Can I charge the offender with a hate crime?

He/She obviously HATES people from Wisconsin.....and I feared for my safety and all...

If I go to Philly and attend at Eagles game wearing Cowboys clothes.

And all game I'm insulted by Eagles fan, and then beat up in the parking lot...Can I get them arrested for a hate crime? Because they Hate Cowboy fans?

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Where's the second wrong?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    I wouldn't do it, but I don't think vandalizing government property is a wrong, anymore than vandalizing the mafia would be a wrong.

Now, if someone were to vandalize PRIVATE property in response to government wrongs, then the "two wrongs don't make a right" line would be applicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    So if I'm from Wisconsin....and someone from Chicago spray paints my car while I'm in Chicago, "Go back to WI you fat $#@!! You Nazi bastard!" Can I charge the offender with a hate crime?

He/She obviously HATES people from Wisconsin.....and I feared for my safety and all...
    That would actually be worse than what happened, you own your car and would be entitled to compensation for damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Where's the second wrong?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTime View Post
    The idea of "hate crime" was one of the worst concepts ever introduced into American law.
    It was. But this concept of using it to stifle public criticism of a government--an alleged republic--is so horrible it makes the basic concept look halfway sensible.

Regardless of whether the NYPD is, as Will Grigg put it, a tribe, or a cult, or a sexual orientation that involves sadism, the fact is that they are paid by tax money and the First Amendment guarantees us the freedom to criticize them, honestly or otherwise, just as much as we need or want to do.

This lady needs a lawyer who can and will keep appealing this $#@! until he or she winds up sticking it right in John Roberts' face. The NYPD obviously needs to have it hammered into their thick skulls just what a piddling, piss poor, pathetic understanding of the law of the land they really have.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-05-2014 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.