Thread: Rand Paul: Hillary's 'War Hawk' Policies led to Benghazi Attack, Rise of ISIS

Rand Paul: Hillary's 'War Hawk' Policies led to Benghazi Attack, Rise of ISIS

EXCLUSIVE–RAND PAUL: HILLARY'S 'WAR HAWK' POLICIES LED TO BENGHAZI ATTACK, RISE OF ISIS

by MATTHEW BOYLE
    27 Aug 2014, 9:45 AM PDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) certainly has a knack for boldness. On Sunday's Meet the Press, he dubbed U.S. military engagement in Libya “Hillary’s war” and stated the rise of the Islamic State (ISIS) is not a result of President Obama's inaction in the Middle East but the unintended consequence of the U.S. military engagement in Libya.

The comments predictably caused heads in the GOP's foreign policy establishment to explode. The Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin called the rhetorical gambit “ludicrous” and said Paul holds the same views as his father, the libertarian former-Rep. Ron Paul. In an email to me, John Yoo, the former top Justice Department official in the Bush administration, said Paul is the Republicans' “own version of George McGovern.”

In a phone interview, Paul expanded on his remarks and offered a detailed rendering of his views on foreign policy that, regardless of their merits, are undoubtedly innovative for a man likely to seek the GOP's presidential nomination in 2016. Paul told Breitbart News:

I would say the objective evidence shows that Libya is a less safe place and less secure place, a more chaotic place with more jihadist groups—and really, we’ve had two really bad things happen because of Hillary’s push for this war. One is that our ambassador was killed as a consequence of not having adequate security and really as a consequence of having a really unstable situation there because of the Libyan war, and then most recently our embassy having to flee by land because they couldn’t leave via the airport because of such a disaster in Libya. So I think it’s hard to argue that the Libyan war was a success in any way. From my perspective, the first mistake they made was not asking the American people and Congress for authority to go to war.
    While Muammar Gaddafi, or Syrian dictator Bashar Al-Assad, or Iraq’s Saddam Hussein—deposed during the George W. Bush administration—were certainly bad actors, Paul wants to know: who takes their place?

read more
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...k-Rise-Of-ISIS
    Last edited by jct74; 08-27-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: post a few paragraphs of text and remove ALL CAPS from title

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Currently red linked by Drudge

I was just getting ready to post that.

He said that he supports the air strikes in the article, which most people here aren't going to like, but I imagine he just didn't want to allow his opponents in the GOP primary to run ads about how he "supports ISIS and wants to allow them to attack the United States." It's tough to advocate non intervention when it comes to a group like ISIS who's beheading women and children.

Could be worse...but this is a strange hodgepodge article. But we can see Paul's argument coming into focus out of a cloud.
    He should avoid the "war hawk" term when speaking with Breitbart IMO. Tying all of this to Benghazi for a red meat conservative audience is....brilliant!
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

#Kaboom

Make no mistake, Rand connecting the dots between Libya-Syria-ISIS and Hillary "war hawk" Clinton is a seriously bold action. No way the hawks, MSM and/or establishment let this go unchallenged.

I want to fast-forward to the part where someone drops evidence that Hillary had Stevens set up, to tie up the loose end who knew too much about her arms trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    He said that he supports the air strikes in the article, which most people here aren't going to like, but I imagine he just didn't want to allow his opponents in the GOP primary to run ads about how he "supports ISIS and wants to allow them to attack the United States." It's tough to advocate non intervention when it comes to a group like ISIS who's beheading women and children.
    Why stop at ISIS? There's women and children dying in Ukraine, Nigeria, Sudan, Libya. Let's send some humanitarian bombs there for justice Senator Paul! As long as there's no ground troops, we should be able to solve most of the world's problems.
    Last edited by twomp; 08-27-2014 at 02:43 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Why stop at ISIS? There's women and children dying in Ukraine, Nigeria, Sudan, Libya. Let's send some humanitarian bombs there for justice Senator Paul! As long as there's no ground troops, we should be able to solve most of the world's problems.
    This argument doesn't convince anyone. I'm sure they want humanitarian efforts for all of those places as well.

Rand get's it. The Libyan war had more to do with instability in the middle east than Iraq war even. The grand Arab spring is now harassing bloody fruit in the shape of human heads.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Its actually really, really easy when you think through it logically. That said, I've come to terms with the fact that Rand is looking to get the 95% of thoughtless zombies to vote for him rather than trying to educate them. Its a shame, but I'm mostly over it.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Its actually really, really easy when you think through it logically. That said, I've come to terms with the fact that Rand is looking to get the 95% of thoughtless zombies to vote for him rather than trying to educate them. Its a shame, but I'm mostly over it.
    At the same time, if someone who is even better than Rand decides to run, its something I'm going to remember for sure. If for whatever reason Judge Nap or Justin Raimondo or someone else decided to play foil, I'd definitely consider voting for them. But otherwise... Rand is still significantly better than the rest on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    #Kaboom

Make no mistake, Rand connecting the dots between Libya-Syria-ISIS and Hillary "war hawk" Clinton is a seriously bold action. No way the hawks, MSM and/or establishment let this go unchallenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Rand get's it. The Libyan war had more to do with instability in the middle east than Iraq war even. The grand Arab spring is now harassing bloody fruit in the shape of human heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    This argument doesn't convince anyone. I'm sure they want humanitarian efforts for all of those places as well.
    Rand is starting to sound more and more like his Dad, as I knew (or at least hoped) he would.

Taking on the MIC (Ike's terminology as an acronym) no easy task sir.
    The commander-in-chief does have to deal with all the blowback of prior administrations -
    but under congressional restraints of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    #Kaboom

I love it! He's packaging the truth about our destructive foreign policy in a palatable way to the mainstream and slowly but surely exposing the shenanigans that the msm won't report on, thus making the neo-cons and the msm address them publicly instead of pretending they don't exist.

Damn right Benghazi attack, Libya, ISIS and Syria are all interlinked.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book