Thread: "Cops" TV Show Crew Member Dies When Omaha Police Fire 30+ Shots at Airsoft-Wielding Robber

"Cops" TV Show Crew Member Dies When Omaha Police Fire 30+ Shots at Airsoft-Wielding Robber

It all gets more and more bizarre with every day that goes by. Is it bad that I don't have much sympathy for someone who was helping produce police-state propaganda ? Well, it's unfortunate, but everybody should know that it's dangerous to be around the police, only a fool would follow them around (like the ones who go on "ride-alongs").

Kind of ironic that a COPS crew member was killed by cops on a shooting rampage. At least all the officers went home safely to their families, that's what really matters (COPS has promoted that mantra for many years).

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/offi...a4bcf6878.html

Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:17 am | Updated: 10:29 am, Wed Aug 27, 2014.

By Emerson Clarridge and Jay Withrow / World-Herald staff writers

A suspect was shot dead and a crew member with the “Cops” television show later died after the apparent disruption of a robbery Tuesday night at a Wendy’s restaurant in midtown Omaha, police said Wednesday morning.

More than 30 shots were fired, officials said. The fatal shots apparently were fired by an Omaha police officer. Officials said it appears the only shots fired came from police.

Officials said the robbery suspect apparently had an Airsoft gun, a type of gun that often looks like an actual firearm.

The victim was described as the crew member who holds the microphone. He was taken from the scene in extremely critical condition.

The robbery suspect was a parolee from Kansas, law enforcement sources said.

The shootings occurred when an officer discovered a man, wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and white bandanna, robbing the restaurant, Deputy Police Chief Dave Baker said.

The first officer at the scene called for backup at about 9:20 p.m. Then, shots rang out. The injured "Cops" crew member was taken from the scene in critical condition.

The east-facing windows of the Wendy’s were riddled with bullet holes, and Dodge Street was closed between 42nd and 45th Streets for hours.

snip

The “Cops” television show has been in Omaha for much of the summer.

The department had hoped that the TV show’s filming of Omaha police in action would improve relations with community members.

In explaining in June why the department was planning to allow the show to film Omaha police work, Schmaderer said he was proud of his department.

I want the professionalism of our officers on display for the city and world to see.”

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-27-2014 at 10:58 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Promote the police state, die by the police state.

Lifestyle = Deathstyle

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Boobus will roar with approval watching this.

now they can send some SWLOD too
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Boobus will roar with approval watching this.
    Something tells me that particular episode will never be aired ... they'll have a little "in memorium" thing for the crew member for two seconds at the end of another episode, but it won't mention that he was killed by their beloved police.

If airsoft guy had survived HE would be charged with murder for the crew member's death -- for the police it's just yet another "oopsie, did I do that?" sort of thing ...
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-27-2014 at 11:01 AM.

The department had hoped that the TV show’s filming of Omaha police in action would improve relations with community members.

“I want the professionalism of our officers on display for the city and world to see.”
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Maybe the sound boom he was holding looked like some sort of weapon ? Perhaps a responding cop who wasn't with the film crew and had never seen one thought it appeared to be some sort of weapon (any unfamiliar hand-held object may look "dangerous" to a frightened cop).

Or maybe the guy was hit by a richochet, or was just caught in the middle of mag dump time. It seems like police are the ones who need a 7-round limit on magazines, or they need to bring back six-shot revolvers.

It's just good that no customers or workers were harmed (a couple of nights ago here locally a bystander was grazed by a bullet during a cop's mag dump).

1. All guns are always loaded

2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy

3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target

4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kops are the only group who have been statistically proven to repeatedly maim and kill the citizenry with firearms.

It's long past time to ban kops from carrying firearms while on the public tit.

I just remembered that Omaha PD is the same bunch that shot a guy's harmless dog with an AR-15 while he was out walking it, then kicked his ass and arrested him, all just because he foolishly wandered onto their turf while they were investigating a shooting.

And you can guess what happened to that piece of $#@! cop who fired the AR-15 and committed felony assault on the owner -- NOTHING (he should be <TOS violation> or in prison by now).
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-27-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I just remembered that Omaha PD is the same bunch that shot a guy's harmless dog with an AR-15 while he was out walking it, then kicked his ass and arrested him, all just because he foolishly wandered onto their turf while they were investigating a shooting.

And you can guess what happened to that piece of $#@! cop who fired the AR-15 and committed felony assault on the owner -- NOTHING (he should be <TOS violation> or in prison by now).
    Good memory.

I'm going to bump that thread because that was one of the worst "puppycides" I have ever seen.