Thread: LibertyBallot.com soft launch thread

Cool LibertyBallot.com soft launch thread

This thread is for information about and discussion related to the soft launch of http://LibertyBallot.com.

The launch happened today because today is two weeks before the New Hampshire Primary. Another thread will be created somewhere else once the website is completely finished.

What is Liberty Ballot?
    Liberty Ballot is a website designed to make it easy for the voters of our great state to figure out good candidates for every district.

Have you made up your mind in all of the races yet? Voting for liberty can be complicated - make it easy with http://LibertyBallot.com! Just click on your town and then click “Get Ballot”. You will see a sample ballot filled out with a list of recommendations put together by dozens of New Hampshire liberty activists. Take a photo of the ballot, use your phone to bring it up while in the voting booth or even print out a copy for yourself. Some of the races have more than one good candidate. Use http://LibertyBallot.com as a jumping off point for your own research.

Please remember that this is a soft launch. The website isn't finished. Feedback is welcome.

Enjoy
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you in touch with jurgs01 here? he runs Candidates4liberty.com. If you could send them some more liberty candidate names, they would help get the word out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Are you in touch with jurgs01 here? he runs Candidates4liberty.com. If you could send them some more liberty candidate names, they would help get the word out.
    Thanks for the idea. Someone will reach out to once the website is more complete.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I'm watching. Will spread the word after I give it a look over.

I plan to move to New Hampshire in five years so liberty in that state is of personal interest to me.
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

It has contested Republican Primary recommendations for 8 of the 10 counties in NH. That covers around 95% of the state population. The plan is to get 1 more county up before the election, but IDK. Other changes are supposed to be added later in the week like a way to contact the site and a FAQ.

Thank you for this website. I checked for my town. This is just what I need.

This is my first post here. I have been a daily paul member for years, but I check this site regularly.
    Last edited by knowmore; 08-26-2014 at 05:33 PM.

I recommend a long term plan for sustainable integrity. A small group of people chosen well from the beginning is unlikely to see problems, but it's important to the project, and hopefully the people visiting the site, that the candidates chosen as 'good' can be trusted.

So, though it maybe is too much effort in two weeks, I would think it important to state criteria, and name as many real life people who are deciding as possible. Endorsements might also be helpful 'Ron Paul filled out his ballots and agrees with us 94%!'
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Glad to see I was endorsed in my tough primary.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Please remember that this is a soft launch. The website isn't finished. Feedback is welcome.
    Interesting concept making it easy to use. Some feedback since you welcomed it.

1. I get to this site, who is it? why should I trust it?
    2. Who are these dozens of "New Hampshire liberty activists". Are these activists candidates on the ballots? ie: are they recommending themselves or campaigns they are volunteering for or employed by?
    3. Specifically, which volunteer recommended the candidates for the specific ballot I'm looking at?
    --Maybe a detail page next to each recommendation ballot citing which volunteer filled it out and a link to their own personal philosophy? I'd personally take the recommendations of a conservatarian over those of an anarchist.
    --Are all recommendations unanimous? Are their minority reports? Dissenting opinions?
    4. Are there people reviewing the final ballots? Perhaps a check/name next to the volunteer that QA/reviewed the recommendations? You wouldn't want to risk giving out bad recommendations.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 08-27-2014 at 07:42 AM.

8/27/14 Update:
    -Thanks so much for all of the excellent feedback!
    -A basic FAQ was added. Find it by searching for a ballot. It is the first thing you will see.
    -The majority of the towns in Cheshire County were added.
    -The only remaining county, Sullivan County, will go up within the next 48 hours.
    -Twitter account is up. https://twitter.com/LibertyBallot or @LibertyBallot

Why you no like Bob Smith?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-for-FL-Senate
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...S-Senate-R-NH)

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Who is the best candidate in the US Senate Race?
    Liberty Ballot did not make a recommendation in the race. Bob Smith and Jim Rubens are the two best candidates in the race. They both have many strong points and some weak points. Consider voting for Rubens or Smith.
    Last edited by nayjevin; 08-27-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

The stuff Jim Rubens says is more pro-liberty than the stuff any other Republican candidate for the US Senate in the nation is saying. However, his voting record, while being pretty old, doesn't back up several of his positions. Neither does his lobbying efforts, which aren't as outdated. The Republican Liberty Caucus endorsed Rubens because of his amazingly pro-liberty positions.

Bob Smith was perhaps the least bad US Senator in the nation (or near so) when he was in the Senate, but that isn't actually a huge deal because there wasn't a single good US Senator back then. Smith has shown that he is selfish and will put his personal feuds above what is good for the people more than once. For example, when he refused to go to the NHGOP Unity meal after he lost his primary. Or when he wrote a letter supporting John Kerry because he had personal problems with the people running the RNC. Additionally, some of his views, such as on homosexuals, were very crude when he was in office and he hasn't made enough of an effort to explain that he was wrong and his views have improved on that issue. Though, he has done so on other issues. For example, he is now against the Patriot Act. GOA endorsed Smith.

Most of my libertarian friends are voting for Rubens. Most of my conservative friends are voting for Smith. I can understand Liberty Ballot not taking a position on the issue. I find it really unfortunate that two good candidates are running in this election. I fear that Wall-street candidate Scott Brown is going to win

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    The stuff Jim Rubens says is more pro-liberty than the stuff any other Republican candidate for the US Senate in the nation is saying. However, his voting record, while being pretty old, doesn't back up several of his positions. Neither does his lobbying efforts, which aren't as outdated. The Republican Liberty Caucus endorsed Rubens because of his amazingly pro-liberty positions.

Bob Smith was perhaps the least bad US Senator in the nation (or near so) when he was in the Senate, but that isn't actually a huge deal because there wasn't a single good US Senator back then. Smith has shown that he is selfish and will put his personal feuds above what is good for the people more than once. For example, when he refused to go to the NHGOP Unity meal after he lost his primary. Or when he wrote a letter supporting John Kerry because he had personal problems with the people running the RNC. Additionally, some of his views, such as on homosexuals, were very crude when he was in office and he hasn't made enough of an effort to explain that he was wrong and his views have improved on that issue. Though, he has done so on other issues. For example, he is now against the Patriot Act. GOA endorsed Smith.

Most of my libertarian friends are voting for Rubens. Most of my conservative friends are voting for Smith. I can understand Liberty Ballot not taking a position on the issue. I find it really unfortunate that two good candidates are running in this election. I fear that Wall-street candidate Scott Brown is going to win
    Makes sense, thanks!

New updates:
    Improved website graphic
    Improved Twitter graphics
    Now the pull-down menu starts on the first town instead of ------
    There is a message about how it is just contested races right above the pull-down menu
    The FAQ, Twitter and contact are found at the bottom of the page

The page should be finished and the hard launch should happen soon. Perhaps around Monday.

Liberty Ballot hard launched yesterday, one week before the New Hampshire Republican Primary. The official thread is here. From now on, I'll be posting about Liberty Ballot in the official thread. Lots of great thoughts and comments in this soft launch thread. Thanks everyone!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Already-Marked

Any updates for the General Election?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any updates for the General Election?
    There is a work in progress FAQ and around 1/4 of the ballots are up, from the looks of it.

Bump because the general election is just a few days away. Here is the new thread. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-November-4th