Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is ISIS Heading for Turkey after Iraq and Syria?

Is ISIS Heading for Turkey after Iraq and Syria?

Does anyone else understand what this means prophetically? This is HUGE my friends. This belongs in this religion forum because this is definitely something spoken of in the Bible with regard to these end times.

http://www.jerusalemonline.com/news/...and-syria-7594

HAS THE DRAGON GIVEN ISIS HIS POWER, HIS THRONE, AND GREAT AUTHORITY?

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Analysis...#ixzz3AfrKuOw8
    Last edited by Terry1; 08-26-2014 at 08:40 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm kind of looking forward to the end of the world, at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I don't buy into prophecies, but care to summarize what the prophecy in this case is supposed to say, how it's being realized, and what you think it means?
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Be a watcher: Lucifer knows the Bible better than many of us--don't be deceived. Fear not, and go with Christ.

ISIS is the [CR]ISIS they need for more control.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Since the time of the US Civil War, major wars of conquest have been mostly about industrial capacity - the ability to make weapons and vehicles, make replacement parts and ammo for such weapons and vehicles, refine fuel for the vehicles, and deliver all of the above, plus food and clothing, to the front in a reliable way. Various other factors come into play, of course, but without industrial capacity you ain't goin' nowhere against a nation who has it. ISIS has no industrial capacity. Everything they have they found or stole. And without the backing of an industrial nation they will grind to a halt. The machines will break, the ammo will be depleated, the food and clothing will become scarce, and the troops will scatter.

They certainly might be able to take over some other nations with no industrial capacity if they have popular support, and they could fight a guerilla war of resistance for a long time, but nothing more.

ISIS is a regional phenomenon.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

I'm impressed that Dick Cheney was so right in 1994.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Why would ISIS attack the transshipment point for their outside support?

ISIS' targets are clear - non-Sunni populations, with a particular enmity for Shia. Unless ISIS secures a seaport of its own it will be dependent on Turkey.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The answer to two questions can give a good lead on this.
    First, what countries are supporting ISIS? Outright supporting them?
    Second, Where did Jesus say the seat of Satan would be?
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Annie View Post
    The answer to two questions can give a good lead on this.
    First, what countries are supporting ISIS? Outright supporting them?
    In the very same area that ISIS is taking control of in the ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    In the very same area that ISIS is taking control of in the ME.
    Re 2:12 ¶ And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
    Re 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Pergamos is in Turkey. Turkey is supporting ISIS.
    Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession.
    ~ George Washington

Re 2:12 ¶ And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
    Re 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Pergamos is in Turkey. Turkey is supporting ISIS.
    Not just Turkey either--a large part of the Iraqi forces are also supporting them, especially the high ranking ones. ISIS seemingly popped out of nowhere and even their parent members of al-Qaeda have disowned them for their ruthlessness and most severe practice of Sharia law. ISIS is gaining steam, support and power at an unprecedented rate. They are indeed already a power to be reckoned with.

This reminds me of the election of 08 here where a young and unknown community organizer with as little as 142 days in the senate became the president of the United States. I don't believe these are coincidences.

Not just Turkey either--a large part of the Iraqi forces are also supporting them, especially the high ranking ones. ISIS seemingly popped out of nowhere and even their parent members of al-Qaeda have disowned them for their ruthlessness and most severe practice of Sharia law. ISIS is gaining steam, support and power at an unprecedented rate. They are indeed already a power to be reckoned with.

This reminds me of the election of 08 here where a young and unknown community organizer with as little as 142 days in the senate became the president of the United States. I don't believe these are coincidences.
    I don't believe they are coincidences either.
    There are many "layers" to prophecy. It relates to individuals, communities, cities, rulers, countries, etc...
    One thing that I have learned is that the bulk of the prophecy that is LITERAL is actually in the Old Testament.
    The new testament has much prophecy, and much of the book of revelation is allegorical.
    I have found it is easier to start with the literal prophecies and then move to the allegorical. Also much of the new testament prophecies are "explained" in the old testament.
    Take Matthew 25, Zechariah 14, and Joel 2 and 3. They are all prophecies of the same event, but the Old Testament prophecies add much understanding to the new testament prophecies.
    (The event is when Jesus judges the nations and separates the sheep from the goats).
    Very interesting comparing those three!
    ~ George Washington

Here are a few scriptures I dug up with the modern day locations...
    These scriptures are relative to East of the Jordan river and South into Saudi.
    As well as Sudan, Somalia, and Saudi
    Hab 1:1-11
    Hab 2:17
    Hab 3:1-6

These scriptures are relevant to Yemen to Saudi
    Ezekiel 35:1-15

Isaiah 25:8-10 (Moab)

Isaiah 63:1-7 ( Rev 14:19-20 & Rev 19:15 )

Isaiah 10:33-34 (Lebanon), 19:20-21 (Egypt)
    Psalms 45:1-6

Ezekiel 25 ( Ammon = Jordan, Philistines = Gaza, Moab = Jordan. Edom, Teman, Dedan = Yemen to Saudi)

Obadiah 1:8-21

Isaiah 10:33 (Lebanon)
    19:1 (Egypt)
    10:12 (Egypt)
    11:15 (Egypt)
    11:14 (Edom = Yemen to Saudi, Ammon = Jordan)

Joel 3:4 (Tyre & Sidon = Lebanon)
    Jeremiah 25:19-26
    Isaiah 34:3-8 Idumea = Edom = Yemen to Saudi
    ~ George Washington

. . . Where did Jesus say the seat of Satan would be?
    Whatever He said, it was in Aramaic . . .
    . . . and a thousand years before English was even born as a language -

I'd exercise caution with the translation(s) some cults rely on literally - but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by extortion17 View Post
    Whatever He said, it was in Aramaic . . .
    . . . and a thousand years before English was even born as a language -

I'd exercise caution with the translation(s) some cults rely on literally - but that's just me.
    G4010 περγαμος Pergamos per'-gam-os (2)
    from 4444; fortified; Pergamus, a place in Asia Minor:—Pergamos.
    PERGAMOS (2)
    Re 1:11; 2:12
    ~ George Washington

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    G4010 περγαμος Pergamos per'-gam-os (2)
    from 4444; fortified; Pergamus, a place in Asia Minor:—Pergamos.
    PERGAMOS (2)
    Re 1:11; 2:12
    Huh, really you don't say . . . thanks for all your teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by extortion17 View Post
    Huh, really you don't say . . . thanks for all your teachings.
    Not sure what I said to rub you the wrong way, but sorry whatever it was.
    ~ George Washington

How is Turkey supporting IS?

Turkey is restricting water supply into Syria and Iraq affecting areas under IS' control, Turkey was also one of the first to support the FSA, a direct enemy of IS. No country is directly supporting IS, ironically long time enemies like Iran, Saudi Arabia, and America, are all teaming up against IS.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post

Turkey is restricting water supply into Syria and Iraq affecting areas under IS' control, Turkey was also one of the first to support the FSA, a direct enemy of IS. No country is directly supporting IS, ironically long time enemies like Iran, Saudi Arabia, and America, are all teaming up against IS.
    Then why are they gaining more power every day?

JERUSALEM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Leb...#axzz3BcB3txEd

http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...ic-state.html#

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/08...-funding-isis/

http://www.kurdishinstitute.be/inter...d-eye-to-isis/
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    JERUSALEM.
    ~ George Washington

Iran and Kurds blaming their enemies for supporting their own enemies really isn't proof. Everything on the ground points to Turkey opposing IS.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No country is directly supporting IS...
    How do you think they get money and arms, communicate, etc. without governments having knowledge of it? I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Iran and Kurds blaming their enemies for supporting their own enemies really isn't proof. Everything on the ground points to Turkey opposing IS.
    Can you back that up? Who else would attack them but their enemies? al-Qaradawi has made some interesting statements about Erdogan lately, No?
    http://www.alalam.ir/news/1624047

What al-Qaradawi said translate is this:
    “We came to Turkey to assess the Fourth Assembly of the Union of Muslim Scholars in Istanbul, capital of the Islamic Caliphate!”
    “Turkey is the Caliphate State, and Istanbul is its capital … Turkey unites religion and the world, Arab (Wahhabist Sunnis) and Persian (Shiites), Asia and Africa, and it (the Caliphate) should be based upon this nation (Turkey)”.
    “Erdogan is man of the State, a leader who knows his Lord.”
    This statement is the clencher :
    “Erdogan will succeed because Allah, Gabriel, Salih Al-Muminin (the Righteous of the Faithful) are with him and after that the Angelic Host will appear”.
    ~ George Washington

Can you back that up? Who else would attack them but their enemies? al-Qaradawi has made some interesting statements about Erdogan lately, No?
    http://www.alalam.ir/news/1624047

What al-Qaradawi said translate is this:
    “We came to Turkey to assess the Fourth Assembly of the Union of Muslim Scholars in Istanbul, capital of the Islamic Caliphate!”
    “Turkey is the Caliphate State, and Istanbul is its capital … Turkey unites religion and the world, Arab (Wahhabist Sunnis) and Persian (Shiites), Asia and Africa, and it (the Caliphate) should be based upon this nation (Turkey)”.
    “Erdogan is man of the State, a leader who knows his Lord.”
    This statement is the clencher :
    “Erdogan will succeed because Allah, Gabriel, Salih Al-Muminin (the Righteous of the Faithful) are with him and after that the Angelic Host will appear”.
    Yusuf al Qaradawi has long been opposed to salafist sunni militant groups. Yusuf Qaradawi takes his Islam from Al-Azhar university which is a university that teaches "Ash'ari" Islam, in sunni Islam there's a split within interpretations there are Salafi and there are Ashari, Ashari could be seen as more progressive because they more times than not will try to mould Islam into a more modern form even if it's in opposition to what the prophet Muhammad and his companions did, while Salafis say we shouldn't change the Shar'iah of Allah to accommodate the changing morality of people.

This is a boring and technical point, but important to know why some sunni scholars condemn sunni militant groups. But Qaradawi does not support ISIS, so his words, or his support for Erdogan, do not correlate to Turkey supporting IS.

BTW In the video he's really referencing the past Ottoman caliphate, to say it was the capital which united all people and how he believed Erdogan was bringing that back with his more Islamic leaning party. He wasn't really saying Turkey is the caliphate of the Muslim world.

Yusuf al Qaradawi has long been opposed to salafist sunni militant groups.
    That is not true. He has supported every uprising and $#@! disturbing in the Middle East that Obama has had his fingers in. He supported the overthrowing of Lybia, Egypt, Syria, and it is more than obvious that the regime we have now is al qaeda as are most of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is just al qaeda in suits.

But Qaradawi does not support ISIS, so his words, or his support for Erdogan, do not correlate to Turkey supporting IS.
    Qaradawi supports Erdogan. Erdogan supports IS. IS is just their covert army carrying out all the dirty work so that once the overthrows are complete, Turkey can be gently absorbed.
    Boko Haram is doing the dirty work in North Africa and have already given their bayah to IS.
    It's pretty clever on Erdogan and the Brotherhood's part really.
    BTW In the video he's really referencing the past Ottoman caliphate, to say it was the capital which united all people and how he believed Erdogan was bringing that back with his more Islamic leaning party. He wasn't really saying Turkey is the caliphate of the Muslim world.
    Sorry, Erdogan had nothing to do with the previous Caliphate. Qaradawi was referencing the Caliphate that is being birthed by Erdogan as we speak.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/06/us-gove...rror-activity/
    http://arabicsource.wordpress.com/20...the-same-page/
    http://www.crethiplethi.com/yusuf-al...al-islam/2013/
    http://www.islamicmovement.org/index...d=41:frontpage
    Last edited by Miss Annie; 08-27-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    ~ George Washington

That is not true. He has supported every uprising and $#@! disturbing in the Middle East that Obama has had his fingers in. He supported the overthrowing of Lybia, Egypt, Syria, and it is more than obvious that the regime we have now is al qaeda as are most of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Brotherhood is just al qaeda in suits.
    Find me where he supports Salafist Islamist groups.

BTW the vast majority of Muslims support the overthrow of the vast majority of so-called "Muslim" rulers. I've lived in these places, they are tyrannical.

Qaradawi supports Erdogan. Erdogan supports IS. IS is just their covert army carrying out all the dirty work so that once the overthrows are complete, Turkey can be gently absorbed.
    Boko Haram is doing the dirty work in North Africa and have already given their bayah to IS.
    It's pretty clever on Erdogan and the Brotherhood's part really.
    Erdogan, the MB, Qaradawi, all follow distinctly different ideologies than the salafist bloc of Muslims. Also, find proof and cite it where Erdogan supports IS. IS has already threatened to invade Turkey.

Sorry, Erdogan had nothing to do with the previous Caliphate. Qaradawi was referencing the Caliphate that is being birthed by Erdogan as we speak.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/06/us-gove...rror-activity/
    http://arabicsource.wordpress.com/20...the-same-page/
    http://www.crethiplethi.com/yusuf-al...al-islam/2013/
    http://www.islamicmovement.org/index...d=41:frontpage
    What? No he wasn't lol. He was glorifying Turkey as the [once] powerful Khilaafa which united all Muslims under one banner. Then separately he praised Erdogan. The translation you posted is lacking btw

Find me where he supports Salafist Islamist groups.

BTW the vast majority of Muslims support the overthrow of the vast majority of so-called "Muslim" rulers. I've lived in these places, they are tyrannical.

Erdogan, the MB, Qaradawi, all follow distinctly different ideologies than the salafist bloc of Muslims. Also, find proof and cite it where Erdogan supports IS. IS has already threatened to invade Turkey.

What? No he wasn't lol. He was glorifying Turkey as the [once] powerful Khilaafa which united all Muslims under one banner. Then separately he praised Erdogan. The translation you posted is lacking btw
    I really don't need to argue with you, time is proving that the events are playing out exactly as the Bible said they would / will.
    ~ George Washington

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast