Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How , exactly , will life be better in the future ?

How , exactly , will life be better in the future ?

Your thoughts ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flying cars! (Any day now)
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

I found this, oyarde.

Futuristic Chinese ‘supersonic’ sub could reach US shores in under two hours

Traveling from Shanghai to San Francisco in under two hours may sound like a fantasy, but China believes it’s figured out how to design an underwater vehicle that can make the idea a reality.

We'll all live to be 200 and the baby boomers debt will be erased.
    "The Patriarch"

There will be cameras literally everywhere, and nearly all crime will be prevented, it's gonna be awesome
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    There will be cameras literally everywhere, and nearly all crime will be prevented, it's gonna be awesome
    YES , cameras everywhere , that will make it all better .

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We'll all live to be 200 and the baby boomers debt will be erased.
    I doubt it could be erased no matter how long you live . You are a Great Patriot though and I am glad to know you .

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Well , I am torn , think I may prefer Shanghai to San Fran , actually would rather skip them both .These days , of course , there were the days when Shanghaied was not really a good thing ( 1855) .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see we are making " progress " here , everyone have health care , autos and phones of your dreams ??? Good , eggs will probably be free in the future , LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I see we are making " progress " here , everyone have health care , autos and phones of your dreams ??? Good , eggs will probably be free in the future , LOL
    Food is a basic human right.
    "The Patriarch"

Given what passes for 'progress' these days (see my sig), here are my fearless predictions:

The average life expectancy in the U.S. will 47 years old.
    Only 14 percent of the homes in the U.S. will have a bathtub .
    Only 8 percent of the homes will have a telephone.
    A three-minute call from Denver to New York City will cost eleven dollars.
    There will be only 8,000 cars in the U.S., not counting police cars and government limousines.
    The maximum speed limit in most cities will be 10 mph.
    Alabama, Mississippi, Iowa, and Tennessee will each be more Heavily populated than California.
    With a mere 1.4 million people, California will be mostly in the Pacific Ocean.
    The tallest structure in the world will be the Freedom Tower until they fly airplanes into it to get us into a splendid little war.
    The average wage in the U.S. will be 22 Cents per hour.
    The average U.S. worker will make between $200 and $400 per year.
    A competent accountant will expect to earn $2000 per year, A dentist will make $2,500 per year, A veterinarian $1,500 per year, And a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year.
    More than 95 percent of all births in the U.S. will take place in government laboratories.
    Ninety percent of all U.S. Doctors will have NO COLLEGE EDUCATION! Instead, they will be recruited from among the nation's crack dealers.
    Corn syrum will cost four cents a pound. Sugar will cost a hundred.
    Eggs will be fourteen cents a dozen.
    Coffee will be fifteen cents a pound.
    And yet no one will be able to afford them.
    Most women will only wash their hair once a month, and use beer.
    Canada will pass a law that prohibits U.S. citizens from entering into their country for any reason.
    Five leading causes of death in the U.S. will be: 1. Cops 2. Malpractice 3. Cops 4. Hungry people 5. Cops
    The American flag will have 23 stars. Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Hawaii, and Alaska will be the first to secede.
    The population of Las Vegas, Nevada, will be only 30!!!!
    Crossword puzzles and ice tea will be forgotten. Beer won't.
    There will be no Mother's Day or Father's Day, as the state won't want you to celebrate what whom they never let you meet.
    Eight out of every 10 U.S. Adults won't be able to read, write, add, or recognize Jimmy Carter's.
    Only 6 percent of all Americans will graduate from high school.
    Marijuana, heroin, and morphine will all be available over the counter at the local corner drugstores. The CIA will say, "Heroin clears the complexion, gives buoyancy to the mind, Regulates the stomach and bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of Health."
    There will about 230 reported murders in the ENTIRE U.S.A., along with 14,867,295 police shootings (not counting dogs).

Because, as we all know, they say they're for progress and we're for turning the clock back. But then, they say war is peace, ignorance is strength, lies are truth, hate is love, and we have always been at war with Eurasia, too.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-26-2014 at 03:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Off switch and mute buttons.

Last edited by Danke; 08-26-2014 at 03:54 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thought that was a real person for like 5 seconds.

There will be a Paradigm shift and the world will be like a permanent LSD trip.

Can we finally get hoverboards already?

Call me an optimist.

At some point, the access to nearly all information will become ubiquitous. While initially, it will only be available to the tyrants, eventually, it will be their downfall since everyone will have access to their information as well. This will bring on a new age of liberty and responsibility. Irresponsible transgressions will be met with public scorn instead of jail cells. Those who provide the most value to their fellow man will be rewarded. Those who have a negative value ratio will suffer the consequences. Society will transform to an efficient many-to-many form of interaction. Attempts to govern all of these individual interactions will be fruitless.

(By the way... If you hold a positive vision of the future, it will help your present. I promise you.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Call me an optimist.

(By the way... If you hold a positive vision of the future, it will help your present. I promise you.)
    Human nature hasn't changed for recorded history....

All I see is technology exacerbating both the good and the bad...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

I agree. That's why the good will prosper and the bad will suffer. The only change will be that bad won't be able to hide and the good will be noticed quicker. (It's the speed of the reward/punishment that will change with technology.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Those that control the flow of money are able to decide which technologies are funded. Sadly, they like to fund bad technologies that give them more power, not technologies that free people.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Those that control the flow of money are able to decide which technologies are funded. Sadly, they like to fund bad technologies that give them more power, not technologies that free people.
    What bad technologies are there really. Most technology is good, if we were using them in a rational manner or rate. Unfortunately most humans are retarded and lack any self control at all. So, we create water pumps and everyone wants a perfect green lawn. We create the combustion engine, and everyone wants to live in the country and work in the city. We create machines to make clothes, and we trash clothes because they don't have cool symbols on them, or have a small tear.

Problem is people are stupid consumers for the most part still clinging to the alpha beta male game using the same old method of proving dominance (stuff, physical strength, politics), technology was and is still being created by like 1% of the human population and those 1% are keeping the other 99% alive and fed. Blame the dumb masses for the problems. IMO.

Edited to add....

Now a lot of that overconsumption, IMO, wouldn't be as much of a problem, if we weren't taxed, and forced to pay for others consumption. Even roads for example, I hate driving, and don't drive much, so, in this economic system, the person that uses the least public infrastructure loses. It's irrational. Food is subsidized or outright paid for with taxes distorting the cost, etc.... Regulations.... force me and everyone in any size town, to get on public water systems. To set up solar in town I'd have to get that all approved because others might not like how it looked or whatever.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 08-26-2014 at 10:20 AM.

We will all be gifted personal aluminum Darwin idols by the Government, and little bronze altars to sacrifice 'genetically inferior' babies on. Oh, and GMO lesbians will be the majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Oh, and GMO lesbians will be the majority.
    So, Utopia, then?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So, Utopia, then?
    Depends on your definition if utopia: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t=GMO+lesbians

I mean a Feminazitration camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Machines will do all of our work. They will do all of our thinking for us. We will be free to expand our minds and do what we want since we won't have to (be able to) work for a living.

Spandex jackets- one for everyone.

Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-26-2014 at 12:44 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Machines will... do all of our thinking for us.
    Machines may be able to do all your thinking for you...

We will be free to expand our minds...
    I guess machines will do that too? Because the mind is like a muscle--to strengthen it, you must actually use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

why then, have so many political systems changed and all have failed?

Hopefully, technology frees us from dependence on this planet and we can actually start going to Mars and beyond.

I think age-old institutions are eventually going to fade out of existence. Religion, Government, and possibly the family unit. Government will take the longest to go away because it is the most violent and hungry of the three. It allows people to express their violent side without taking responsibility for it, and people get joy from that.

I honestly think the extreme distant future is going to be ruled by machines. There are various stages of life that we see here and now from single cell organisms to trees to cats to humans , and I think sentient non-organic life will be the final stage. Thats not to say that organic life won't still exist, but humans will be replaced by the superior machines. They are already stronger and smarter than us (in certain ways), and given a few hundred years of programming and testing, I have no doubt at all that they will become sentient, or programmed so well that it would be impossible to distinguish between human sentience and mechanized sentience. Whether they will want to destroy humanity, coexist, or run away like in Battlestar Galactica, will not be known until we get there.

So, in the short therm life will be better because we will have everything we do now, plus some due to technological advances. But in the long term I don't think we will be better off.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Well , we can close the thread now , I am convinced the future will not be utopia .There has been no case made to prove otherwise.

My daughter is here and I'll be gone. She's getting an excellent education, far better than mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast