Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KS-Cops shoot unarmed suicidal 18 y/o sixteen times, killing him.

Exclamation KS-Cops shoot unarmed suicidal 18 y/o sixteen times, killing him.

White kid.

No protests.

No riots.

No Presidential envoy to the funeral.

No Eric Holder.

No multimillion dollar internet fundraisers.

No coverage on the government media organs.

No outrage.

No justice.

Just paid vacation for the killers and, maybe, some weaksauce, mealy mouthed SWLODs from the family.

Family upset officers used deadly force against suicidal teen

OTTAWA, KS (KCTV) - 25 August 2014

http://www.kctv5.com/story/26355241/...ed-in-shooting

Authorities say an 18-year-old man was shot and killed by police officers and sheriff's deputies Saturday evening outside an Ottawa hardware store.

Family members say officers knew that the teen was suicidal, and officers didn't have to use deadly force.

Ottawa police were called about 7:50 p.m. on Saturday to Orscheln Farm and Home at 2008 S. Princeton St. on a report of a person reportedly armed with a gun.

Deputies with the Franklin County Sheriff's Office also responded to the call.

When officers arrived, they made contact with the person, later identified as Joseph Jennings, in the parking lot.

During the encounter, officers with the Ottawa Police Department and Franklin County Sheriff's Office were involved in a shooting.

Jennings was treated at the scene for gunshot wounds and transported to an Ottawa hospital where he later died.

"Why did it take them shooting him 16 times at least for them to bring him down and go and take care of what they needed to take care of?" Jennings' aunt, Brandy Smith said.

Ottawa Police Chief Dennis Butler said officers did what they were trained to do.

"They reacted based upon the training that they've been given from the academy," Butler said. "We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm."

Family members said Jennings had big dreams. He was starting school on Monday for underwater welding. He also loved to ride his motorcycle.

"He was a really good boy," Smith said.

But his life wasn't perfect.

"He was suffering from depression, seizures and anxiety," Smith said.

Smith said his seizures were getting worse in the last month, and with no relief in sight, he had begun feeling suicidal.

Two days before he was shot and killed, Jennings expressed his anguish on Facebook.

"Tonight is the night goodbye everyone!!!!! It was truly a good ride! And I'm sorry for who I might of hurted (sic) and people that I may of offended, But I love all my family and I hope you don't hold this against me," Jennings wrote.

Ten minutes later, according to family members, Jennings swallowed 60 pills trying to take his life.

"The two cops that was involved in the shooting was also there when they took him to Ransom Memorial Hospital for overdosing," Smith said.

Jennings had survived the overdose, but only three hours after leaving the hospital, he walked to Orscheln Farm and Home.

Smith said he was there on a suicide mission. But when she saw what was happening she ran from her home to try to intervene.

"I told them it is Joseph Jennings. He is suicidal. He is upset, don't shoot him," she said.

Smith's husband also tried to help.

"My husband was going to tackle him. He was within arms reach. They said to get back or they were going to shoot him," Smith said.

Smith says her husband backed off and police attention turned back to Jennings.

"The cop yelled out, 'bag him,' and then three shots were fired with the bags. I just don't know how many shots were fired. They shot him in the back of the leg and the back of the shoulder," Smith said.

As a matter of policy, the police department requested assistance from the Kansas Bureau of Investigation. The KBI is now handling the investigation.

Officers involved in the shooting were placed on administrative leave while the KBI conducts the investigation, which is standard protocol.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-25-2014 at 06:10 PM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    However, the family of deceased 18-year-old Joseph Jennings, said there was no gun. Ottawa Police have not confirmed that Jennings was armed either.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/ott...m2EYgm73zzJ.99
    Unarmed.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I wonder if he was on medication.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I'd guarantee it.

Badge = License to Hunt Humans

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Good thing the Brave Officers(TM) are safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm."

Ottawa Police Department and Franklin County Sheriff's Office were involved in a shooting.
    They were just walking around and bullets started firing in their direction from everywhere. Amirite?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder what the cops were on.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Good thing the Brave Officers(TM) are safe.
    I'm just thankful the kid didn't kill himself.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    White kid.

No protests.

No riots.
    Keep in mind that the riots in Ferguson started after the cops met their candlelight vigil with heavily armed riot police and snarling dogs. In Ottawa their candlelight vigil was left in peace...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Keep in mind that the riots in Ferguson started after the cops met their candlelight vigil with heavily armed riot police and snarling dogs. In Ottawa their candlelight vigil was left in peace...
    Good point. The "Ferguson riot" was really a COP riot for the most part (except for the looting, can't blame them for that, but they set the stage for it, and did only a minimal job of protecting small businesses, while Wally World and Target got MRAPs).

Getting a couple of water bottles tossed at an MRAP doesn't warrant direct fire volleys of tear gas into an almost entirely peaceful crowd. Luckily no one got hit in the face like that Occupy guy in Oakland did -- if that had happened it might have caused real riots to break out.

And if anybody else paid attention, every single night that "unrest" occurred it started with the police firing tear gas into large crowds, backyards, etc, all because of a few tossed objects. I can't imagine why that would get the "animals" stirred up ?

The way the police behaved really needs to be looked at -- and not just with Officer Go F*ck Yourself . Of course, that's not gonna happen, not within their justUs system. However, the people of Ferguson should never forget how they were treated.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-25-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Suicidal kid was well served by the Police. He got his money's worth out of the deal.

The bigger issue here is that the Police are now practicing medicine, but they threw Dr. Kevorkian in jail for assisted suicide. Of course Dr. Kevorkian would have never prescribed this solution for this particular patient, so obviously, the Police are guilty of medical malpractice.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What's the point of trying to protect the safety of a loved one by calling a group of strangers who kill people to save themselves from imagined peril to their own safety?

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Very valid point, but I think you and Sean misunderstand me.

I'm saying nothing will happen, and nothing will change because nobody is going to riot or raise hell.

The system pays no mind to SWLODs or peaceful vigils.

When officers arrived, they made contact with the person, later identified as Joseph Jennings, in the parking lot.

During the encounter, officers with the Ottawa Police Department and Franklin County Sheriff's Office were involved in a shooting.

Jennings was treated at the scene for gunshot wounds and transported to an Ottawa hospital where he later died.

Kinda a strange....In the second sentence the officers were involved in a shooting.....So it sounds like the Alamo. Shooting...guns going off everywhere..a big old western with cops and bandits and all sorts of chaos.

And in the last sentence unfortunately the teenager didn't make it out of that chaotic rampage of cops and robbers shooting...Poor kid got hit in the crossfire.

That's sure what those 2 sentences seem like...

Until you realize the only ones shooting were the cops...So they weren't really involved in a shooting as much as they shot a teenager 16 times. And the gunshot wounds were from the cops killing the teenager.

1984 Newspeak at it's finest.

The saddest part is the father was within arms reach of his son to try and tackle him, but the cops forced the father away threatening to shoot the kid if he didn't move away....And then shot the kid anyway. Isn't that what the truly evil villains do in movies??? They have a loved one hostage and they threaten the protagonist to obey their commands otherwise they will kill the loved one....and after they get the protagonist to submit they kill the loved one anyway...ooops, that doesn't apply, the Cops are the heroes here. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Mani; 08-25-2014 at 10:01 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    The saddest part is the father was within arms reach of his son to try and tackle him, but the cops forced the father away threatening to shoot the kid if he didn't move away....And then shot the kid anyway. Isn't that what the truly evil villains do in movies??? They have a loved one hostage and they threaten the protagonist to obey their commands otherwise they will kill the loved one....and after they get the protagonist to submit they kill the loved one anyway...ooops, that doesn't apply, the Cops are the heroes here. Nevermind.
    From my reading they threatened to shoot Uncle if he took another step to help save his son's life, which to my mind, is even worse.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-25-2014 at 10:42 PM.

From my reading they threatened to shoot Dad if he took another step to help save his son's life, which to my mind, is even worse.

WTF, that's even worse. I didn't even contemplate they would consider shooting the dad. Let's shoot the dad and then finish off the son...WTF.

WTF, that's even worse. I didn't even contemplate they would consider shooting the dad. Let's shoot the dad and then finish off the son...WTF.
    Maybe I'm wrong but:

Smith's husband also tried to help.

"My husband was going to tackle him. He was within arms reach. They said to get back or they were going to shoot him," Smith said.
    That's how I read it...that they would shoot Smith's husband if he, the husband, did not get back.

Sometimes you have to examine words closely because, I swear, news reports are written at a first grade level anymore, with all manners of ambiguities and incorrect grammar and syntax.

Maybe I'm wrong but:

That's how I read it...that they would shoot Smith's husband if he, the husband, did not get back.

Sometimes you have to examine words closely because, I swear, news reports are written at a first grade level anymore, with all manners of ambiguities and incorrect grammar and syntax.

Oh, it wasnt the dad at all then. It was a family friend or neighbor or someone trying to help.

The papers shouldn't bother writing the articles anymore. They should simply ask for a printout of whatever the cop statement says and repeat it. No need for anything else.

Oh, it wasnt the dad at all then. It was a family friend or neighbor or someone trying to help.
    I had to go back and read it closely again, I though it was his step-father.

It was his uncle.

"Why did it take them shooting him 16 times at least for them to bring him down and go and take care of what they needed to take care of?" Jennings' aunt, Brandy Smith said.

The papers shouldn't bother writing the articles anymore. They should simply ask for a printout of whatever the cop statement says and repeat it. No need for anything else.
    That's pretty much what they do now...take a government or "official" press release and report it as fact.

Much easier than pounding the pavement and doing real investigative journalism that nobody gives a $#@! about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    What's the point of trying to protect the safety of a loved one by calling a group of strangers who kill people to save themselves from imagined peril to their own safety?
    There's a lot of propaganda and misinformation about The Guardians out there. Much of it is successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"They reacted based upon the training that they've been given from the academy," Butler said. "We were thankful that no officer was injured from protecting themselves from risk of great bodily harm."
    This was a close call indeed. It's very fortunate that these professionals stuck to their training, or this could have turned out a lot worse.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Unarmed.
    Unfortunately, it's impossible to know this for sure until after you shoot him. Kind of like Schrödinger's cat.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very valid point, but I think you and Sean misunderstand me.

I'm saying nothing will happen, and nothing will change because nobody is going to riot or raise hell.

The system pays no mind to SWLODs or peaceful vigils.
    Yes, I figured that, just wanted to clarify and prevent misunderstandings
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

CopRot Radio: "You Killed My Joe" - Joseph Jenning's aunt tells her story

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/coprot/...ells-her-story

Brandy Smith, aunt and guardian of Joe Jennings tells her story as she has nowhere else, starting 73:12 in.

Update

Police Who Shot Unarmed Teen For Not Answering Them Ruled To Have ‘Acted Appropriately’
    http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/1...-change-story/

The Franklin County Attorney’s Office concludes that the uses of less-lethal and deadly force by officers from the Ottawa Police Department and deputies from the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office were lawful and justified.
    http://media.kshb.com/pdf/Written%20...ings%20OIS.pdf

Sounds like a triple gallows is in order, there's so many in this story that need a rope...

From my reading they threatened to shoot Uncle if he took another step to help save his son's life, which to my mind, is even worse.
    Can't have someone volunteering to help, that'd put the cops out of a job, and they wouldn't get to fire their guns (which is totally cool!).

If he was suffering from seizures, I hope he was.

Reminder: Mental illness and suicide existed before modern medicine.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

White kid.No protests.No riots.No Presidential envoy to the funeral.No Eric Holder.No multimillion dollar internet fundraisers.No coverage on the government media organs.No outrage.No justice.Just paid vacation for the killers and, maybe, some weaksauce, mealy mouthed SWLODs from the family.
    There's no money to be made by Al Sharpton when it comes to a dead white kid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast