Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] MSNBC airs half-hour special on Rand Paul's medical mssion in Guatemala

[Video] MSNBC airs half-hour special on Rand Paul's medical mssion in Guatemala

update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giSk8cezq1E

--

this is interesting...

Jansing, along with MTP EP Rob Yarin and senior editor Shawna Thomas traveled to Guatemala last week to cover Sen. Rand Paul‘s mission to perform eye surgeries on those who otherwise couldn’t have afforded it. The interview aired on “Meet the Press” Sunday and will be turned into a half-hour special airing this weekend on MSNBC.
    http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...-ahead_b236631

I couldn't find confirmation of this anywhere else but I did notice on tvguide.com there is a 3:00-3:30 pm ET listing for "Meet the Press Extra" on Sunday August 31st. It does not appear to be a regular feature as there is no such listing for the previous Sunday (August 24), so my guess is that is it.
    Last edited by jct74; 09-14-2014 at 06:56 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MSNBC's interest in Rand Paul is that he could split the GOP. That's their wet dream.

If they really do this special, it will be designed to be powerful enough to persuade their lemmings that Paul is better than the rest of the GOP, but that he would be dangerous if he really got in charge. They will slyly encourage their faithful to vote in open primaries for Paul, but turn their backs on him once the general starts. (Remember, the Democratic primaries may be a coronation - no need for participation on that side.)

Here's hoping their strategy completely backfires!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    MSNBC's interest in Rand Paul is that he could split the GOP. That's their wet dream.

If they really do this special, it will be designed to be powerful enough to persuade their lemmings that Paul is better than the rest of the GOP, but that he would be dangerous if he really got in charge. They will slyly encourage their faithful to vote in open primaries for Paul, but turn their backs on him once the general starts. (Remember, the Democratic primaries may be a coronation - no need for participation on that side.)

except for maybe Chris Matthews.. I think he is genuinely interested in him in the political sense.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    except for maybe Chris Matthews.. I think he is genuinely interested in him in the political sense.
    Understand 2 things about Matthews. #1, he likes honest candidates. #2, he HATES the Clintons. But know this... Matthews is a hard-core progressive. He has swallowed the pill. If he has to take a Clinton to prevent the government from shrinking, he will.

Ok, maybe that's 3 things...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Understand 2 things about Matthews. #1, he likes honest candidates. #2, he HATES the Clintons. But know this... Matthews is a hard-core progressive. He has swallowed the pill. If he has to take a Clinton to prevent the government from shrinking, he will.

Not sure about this. Kucinich is a hardcore progressive, but I highly doubt he would even consider Hilary a second over Rand.

Winning the GOP primary is where we need all the help we can get.

I think the Democrats genuinely believe there is so much anger and hatred on "the right" towad Obama, combined with disenchantment on the left with Obama, that their only hope of winning in 2016 is splitting the GOP via Rand Paul, even though that risks creating a political force that draws a lot of Democrats and independents to vote Republican in 2016.

I think they view Rand Paul as the lesser of two very real threats.

If I were a Progressive, I would love Rand Paul. If he is the GOP nominee, it almost makes it a certainty that EACH party will be pushing to end senseless wars, torture and excessive domestic spying. There's absolutely no way the Democrats would allow Paul to run to the left of them on those popular issues and pick up independent voters. Each presidential candidate would be discussing how self-evident it is that policies need to change in those areas, and that's basically the only way actual political change occurs. Every progressive in america should be hoping and praying that Randy wins the GOP. At the very least, it would push the Democrats to stop sucking on some very important issues.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    If I were a Progressive, I would love Rand Paul. If he is the GOP nominee, it almost makes it a certainty that EACH party will be pushing to end senseless wars, torture and excessive domestic spying. There's absolutely no way the Democrats would allow Paul to run to the left of them on those popular issues and pick up independent voters. Each presidential candidate would be discussing how self-evident it is that policies need to change in those areas, and that's basically the only way actual political change occurs. Every progressive in america should be hoping and praying that Randy wins the GOP. At the very least, it would push the Democrats to stop sucking on some very important issues.
    Which is exactly why Rand cannot be allowed to win the GOP nod. He is a threat to the false left/right paradigm.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pretty much. What are Dems going to do when they have John McCain campaigning with Hillary against Rand?

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Pretty much. What are Dems going to do when they have John McCain campaigning with Hillary against Rand?
    Forget the Dems. The GOP -dies- the moment McCain stumps for Hillary against Rand.

That may be the bigger picture plan, however. I don't want that but it's been plain to me for a while that destroying conservative values (and ultimately the Republican Party) has been a big picture goal of much of the political class and most of the corporate media. A one party system is actually a dictatorship and that's the long term goal.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Not sure about this. Kucinich is a hardcore progressive, but I highly doubt he would even consider Hilary a second over Rand.
    Seeing how Kucinich is currently on the board at the Ron Paul Institute. I'm going to have to agree with you that he would take Rand over almost any Dem right now not just Clinton. Can't even think of any prominent Dem that is not a warmonger these days.

I still can't find any confirmation of this anywhere. TV Guide still shows "Meet The Press Extra" at 3:00 pm ET, so I guess that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    I don't know about the dems but I will be :roflmao

it's on now?

Meet the Press re-run is still airing for me. Chris Jansing must have the wrong time, or maybe it is different for different viewing areas. I'll be watching for it at 3:00 ET.

Strange how little this was promoted, I looked all over for confirmation of this and the only notice they put out was a tweet a few minutes before the program airs, with what looks to be the wrong time.
    Last edited by jct74; 08-31-2014 at 12:44 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF, lol.

GAME ON!

well.... was it on? was it good? any idea if it will re-air? tube?
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Kucinich isn't a major host on a radically partisan news network. Matthews would probably be eaten alive by producers and viewers alike if he endorsed a Republican candidate in a presidential general election.

wow, thats like 29 more minutes than all of msm gave ron on his doctor stuff.

The Democratic base vote, progressive MSNBC audience isn't our election base in any event. If they vote for Rand in the open primaries, all to the good, as in the election there would be enough conservatives, libertarians, constitutionalists, Tea Party supporters and moderate Democrats behind Rand to get him a victory.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

I'm not finding the link. Is there one?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So did this happen? Can't find it on the website.... woudl like to watch it! Slow day being labor day and all!

toob?
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    toob?
    Vanished into a black hole apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    WTF, lol.

It's just a coincidence.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast