Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox News topic this hour is re-instate the draft

Fox News topic this hour is re-instate the draft

also on twitter: FNinsiders, HarrisFaulkner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's a good chance that talk of this sort will bring more people over to peace and liberty..

I hope...

so far opinion is about even. that is not good for our side. esp. with a pro-draft President , and sec't of defense. if one dead journalist causes this what happens when there are more? (and there will be) when a pilot gets captured? or a female journalist gets beheaded?

People who support the draft are just as morally disgusting as people who supported African slavery and should be ostracized as such. Nobody should talk to them or associate with them in any way.

The draft is a great idea.

We live in the age where "volunteerism" is the greatest thing in which young people can engage. In fact, what could be better than forcing young people to volunteer? My town paper had an online poll last week asking readers whether volunteerism should be a requirement to receive a high school diploma. The results? 53% approved!

The future is military service and Obama Corps for young people. Work, then death, camps for the indigent adults.

It will all work out just fine.

I cannot really imagine kids today even showing up if they were drafted . Can you ?

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I cannot really imagine kids today even showing up if they were drafted . Can you ?
    I wouldn't.

No, but they eventually turn up to court after a warrant is issued.

It would be pretty comical to see just how many 18-20 year olds could make it through the old physical training standards. Teenage obesity may actually turn out to be a factor for world peace.

Last edited by sparebulb; 08-24-2014 at 06:59 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    People who support the draft are just as morally disgusting as people who supported African slavery and should be ostracized as such. Nobody should talk to them or associate with them in any way.
    It would be awesome if someone just started engaging the discussion with a straight face about re instituting slavery. Say its for the good of the country and that most of the blacks would add more to society now than they currently do if they were enslaved.

This is how policy is made.

MURDERING
    $LAVE DRIVERS
    GONNA
    MURDER
    &
    EN$LAVE
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    It would be awesome if someone just started engaging the discussion with a straight face about re instituting slavery. Say its for the good of the country and that most of the blacks would add more to society now than they currently do if they were enslaved.
    I couldn't do it, my poker face isn't good enough. But I would be fascinated to see someone try it. The big problem is that most people don't truly understand why slavery is bad. They think the primary reason why its wrong is that its racist. Now, that isn't to defend racism in any way (I doubt I really have to disclaimer this here, but I will) but the real problem with slavery was the involuntary nature of it. But most people just automatically think of the racism. I actually believe a belief that bombing Iraq is morally justified is FAR worse than a belief that some races are inferior, although obviously both are bad.

I should clarify my original statement, I'm not JUST saying you shouldn't talk to them, for that would be to let them remain clueless. They should be told that they are supporting slavery and THEN treated accordingly. I'd be a touch more tolerant if the person in question wasn't a professing Christian, I suppose.

did they register? I think it will come in a back handed way, such as no student loans without a term of national service. and student loans are now 100% feds

No not yet I'm only 27!

Somebody get me a hammer...

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    did they register? I think it will come in a back handed way, such as no student loans without a term of national service. and student loans are now 100% feds
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...80#post5627480

I would choose prison over being forced to fight in a war that I don't believe in. I would be proud of that decision.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I would choose prison over being forced to fight in a war that I don't believe in. I would be proud of that decision.
    Indeed. Though I'd probably attempt to escape the country, however unlikely that might be. I'm so sick of people who just proudly boast about their support for violence and pretend like it isn't written on their hearts somewhere that its wrong. Sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    No not yet I'm only 27!

Somebody get me a hammer...
    Sorry. I only have a sickle.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

but draft those guys over there! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You leave our kind out of it.

Am I right?

Actually there is some fun to be had on twitter right now bashing pro drafters as slavers. Gets em nice an riled.

Korea and Israel send draft evaders to prison, and then still require military service

Mandatory conscription gets more hands in the game and more with something to lose if we do engage in wars which means more resistance to them. With an all- volunteer military the thinking is that they want to go anyways and know what they are in for. "I don't have to fight so I don't care what happens" they think.

But to the specific topic- there will be no draft unless the military has serious difficulties recruiting as many people as they need.

I'd rather go to jail than fight for a government that takes half of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Mandatory conscription gets more hands in the game and more with something to lose if we do engage in wars which means more resistance to them. With an all- volunteer military the thinking is that they want to go anyways and know what they are in for. "I don't have to fight so I don't care what happens" they think.

But to the specific topic- there will be no draft unless the military has serious difficulties recruiting as many people as they need.

These are the guys who presumably avoided the draft by joining the Ohio National Guard. The reluctant ones, if you will

These are the orders that they WILL follow.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

recruitment had little to do with it in 1917, and 1940. more to do with control. one terror attack, and congress would pass it, with few no votes.

Korea and Israel send draft evaders to prison, and then still require military service
    How can they force someone to fight if they refuse to fight? Threaten to kill or torture them?

They are rejecting a decent number of people now so they must have plenty.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I'd still refuse. THey can lock me up for the rest of my life, I guess.

Why not draft the politicians who vote for war?
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I'd rather go to jail than fight for a government that takes half of my money.
    Although this is important, its not the critical issue for me. I'd rather go to jail than invade a foreign country. Heck, I'd rather go to jail than sacrifice my life and someone else's to protect the US from the blowback it has generated.

How can they force someone to fight if they refuse to fight? Threaten to kill or torture them?
    I'd have no moral problem with killing whoever tried that on me.

And here's the sad part... 80% of Christians in this country would be ANGERED by that statement of mine. They would say that I am threatening to engage in murderer. And yet they'd see little, if any, moral problem with the aggressors. What the heck is wrong with this country?

Jesus, please save us from our own churches...

All they have to do is make bloody examples of a few.. the rest will get in line.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast