Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistically, who is likely to be Rand's VP choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    African-Americans will not support Ben Carson. I think Huntsman, Haley, and Demint are all realistic

Why would he pick some1 on record for being an anarchist, hating Lincoln, and also having incredibly hardcore views on the constitution and much more. Napolitano is literally the most hardcore libertarian alive today.
    I like how the original topic was supposed to be "Realistically, who is likely to be Rand's VP choice?" and Judge Napolitano is listed. Why not Dr. Keith Ablow or Judge Judy? Instead of Ben Carson, why not Karl Malone or 50 Cent? They're all Republicans.

Rand will have to raise around a billion dollars in the next election to have legitimate chance. Ben Carson, TV celebrities, and minor Congressmen would not even come a million miles from discussion. Truthfully I bet if Rand won the GOP nomination today, his top choice would be Jeb Bush. That might not be what people would want to hear. And Bush may not want to be his VP, but I would say that Bush would be an overwhelming favorite to be his first choice. I even think he would strongly consider Christie if Christie wanted the job.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    I like how the original topic was supposed to be "Realistically, who is likely to be Rand's VP choice?" and Judge Napolitano is listed. Why not Dr. Keith Ablow or Judge Judy? Instead of Ben Carson, why not Karl Malone or 50 Cent? They're all Republicans.

Rand will have to raise around a billion dollars in the next election to have legitimate chance. Ben Carson, TV celebrities, and minor Congressmen would not even come a million miles from discussion. Truthfully I bet if Rand won the GOP nomination today, his top choice would be Jeb Bush. That might not be what people would want to hear. And Bush may not want to be his VP, but I would say that Bush would be an overwhelming favorite to be his first choice.
    My question to Rand would be, do you want to get shot, or are you actually stupid enough to think TPTB wouldn't be gunning for you if you did that?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a really sticky problem for me. I don't want yet another establishment person next in line for the presidency... that could undermine all we've fought for. On the other hand, there are the political considerations and I just don't know who we have. Our movement really needs to elect more folks in smaller races so we have a broader bench.

I just hope Rand has a good solution on this. But he usually is a few steps ahead on strategy, so I'm at least hopeful.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTyke View Post
    This is a really sticky problem for me. I don't want yet another establishment person next in line for the presidency... that could undermine all we've fought for. On the other hand, there are the political considerations and I just don't know who we have. Our movement really needs to elect more folks in smaller races so we have a broader bench.

I just hope Rand has a good solution on this. But he usually is a few steps ahead on strategy, so I'm at least hopeful.
    That's true. But, is Rand conspirational enough to believe that TPTB might try to kill him? I am. And if Rand isn't, that's a concern for me.

African-Americans won't flock to Carson. Carson makes comments on par with Allen West and Hermain Cain. He will be portrayed as an Uncle Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    So...what about Carson will be different in 2016 that will suddenly get him African-American support? If he has any strong evangelical Christian African-American support right now, they sure are an overwhelming minority among African Americans.
    Much wider impending name recognition and familiarity. And he may be the only African American in the race and his message seems like it might be quite compelling for African Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by whoisjohngalt View Post
    It will be Susana Martinez
    If she advances to the Presidency for some reason, will she immediately hand over the keys to the Council On Foreign Relations?
    Last edited by anaconda; 08-25-2014 at 02:02 AM.

How would the evangelicals feel about Carson being Adventist?

Why not Dr. Keith Ablow or Judge Judy?
    If Judge Judy was VP I'd renounce citizenship.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Whoever is the running mate on the hypothetical ticket would require approval from 3 out of 5:

Sheldon Adelson
    Karl Rove
    Rush Limbaugh
    Koch Industries
    Mitt Romney

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Whoever is the running mate on the hypothetical ticket would require approval from 3 out of 5:

Sheldon Adelson
    Karl Rove
    Rush Limbaugh
    Koch Industries
    Mitt Romney
    If you include Flipper Romney in the list, then I get to include that approval would also be needed from the previous 2008 GOP Presidential nominee . . .
    the Double Talk Express himself . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    Ben Carson is a realistic choice.

Both are doctors, Carson has a national following and a strong reputation in conservative circles, Carson will help with the African-American vote - which is something Rand has been really pushing for. I think if Rand gets the nomination, Carson will be his choice.
    Not realistic at all.

He most likely has no intention to run and no experience.

He also said on national tv that he tried to stab a man as a teenager... he hasnt been vetted for the main stage what-so-ever.
    Last edited by VoluntaryAmerican; 08-25-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

Sheldon Adelson
    Karl Rove
    Rush Limbaugh
    Koch Industries
    Mitt Romney
    This is a more realistic attitude.

Just face facts everyone, if Rand is the choice he will need a hawk-leaning social conservative as VP, in order to bring together the party. Not a libertarian.

Raul Labrador or a decent Governor of a preferably blue state

Carson has plans to run. He's showing it too. Koch Brothers will definitely back Rand...unless they aren't libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Carson has plans to run. He's showing it too. Koch Brothers will definitely back Rand...unless they aren't libertarian
    They supported Trey Grayson against him in the Senate primary.

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post

Just face facts everyone, if Rand is the choice he will need a hawk-leaning social conservative as VP, in order to bring together the party. Not a libertarian.
    I don't see why that's realistic. We're talking about after he already won the nomination.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Realistically?

It won't make many of us happy. He will have to calm the establishment in order to preserve the party if he should win the primaries. Otherwise, it will be Bull Moose II. This is what the Democrats are salivating about. (Last time, they got Wilson elected.)

So who could calm the party and still fit in with Rand? My shortlist would include:

John Kasich
    Mitch Daniels
    Maybe Portman, but he's never been an executive.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post

I tend to agree, and am bracing myself for this reality. I hope we're wrong, but unless the GOP wants half of their base (you know, the ones who haven't been educated...the ones who watch FOX News all day and hang on Limbaugh's every word) to stay home on election day, they're probably going to urge Rand to go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Mitch Daniels
    That's an interesting possibility.

Rand's VP has to be able to campaign and keep a straight face defending Rand's platform. It can't be someone who can't realistically do that.

Daniels might be someone who could.

VP thread #142 / 3753 variation "c"

Why can't we concentrate on winning the nomination before start bickering over who gets the most insignificant job in America?

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

Why can't we concentrate on winning the nomination before start bickering over who gets the most insignificant job in America?
    You might as well just accept that you're going to see a new VP thread at least every week for the next 2 years.

It's like graffiti in mens' bathroom stalls. First it annoys you. Then you don't even notice it. Then you start to get comfortable with it, and feel like you're enjoying a sweet communion with those who have defecated there before you.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    If she advances to the Presidency for some reason, will she immediately hand over the keys to the Council On Foreign Relations?
    This is *the* most important question for VP. If people don't understand that, they still haven't swallowed the red pill.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Truthfully I bet if Rand won the GOP nomination today, his top choice would be Jeb Bush.
    Hogwash. Every name you listed, including 50 Cent, is more realistic.

Daniels and DeMint would both be good because they have a liberty bent, are likeable rather than polarizing, and they won't overshadow Rand height wise. They are both similar in that recently have they have taken administrative roles outside of politics. Daniels has been innovative as Perdue University's President, and of course DeMint has headed up the Heritage Foundation.

Daniels would reinforce the social issues "truce" Rand is positioning himself to take. Daniels actually coined the term. But DeMint would solidify the more conservative base, which I think is more important considering Rand's appeals to the left, minorities, and independents. Experience wise, Daniel's time as Governor is a plus but he is also tied to the Bush administration where he was OMB director. We know DeMint and Rand worked well together as Senators, and a good relationship is important to have.

Between Daniels, DeMint, and Labrador, who I have advocated for as well, they are the realistic possibilities are who aren't big government hacks. Right now though, I would prefer DeMint.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    You might as well just accept that you're going to see a new VP thread at least every week for the next 2 years.

It's like graffiti in mens' bathroom stalls. First it annoys you. Then you don't even notice it. Then you start to get comfortable with it, and feel like you're enjoying a sweet communion with those who have defecated there before you.
    Lol pure gold

I mean I know as a discussion board everything under the sun is going to be discussed, it just strikes me as an unnecessary topic to be discussed with so much frequency.

Just seems counterproductive given the monumental goal of winning the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I tend to agree, and am bracing myself for this reality. I hope we're wrong, but unless the GOP wants half of their base (you know, the ones who haven't been educated...the ones who watch FOX News all day and hang on Limbaugh's every word) to stay home on election day, they're probably going to urge Rand to go this route.
    I don't know that they'd stay home. The average Republican told us "anyone but Obama" in 2012, and that's something we could use against them.

I can't think of a single Republican I've talked to in person who said they would refuse to vote for Ron Paul if he had been the GOP nominee. Rand is more moderate than Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

Rand hasn't even announced, what do you want us to do? I mean, I've already done a ton of opposition research on his opponents and made websites cataloging it, but there is only so much to do at this point.

I find these discussions much more enjoyable than cop shoots dog threads.

how about his daddy.
    That way we could get everyone back on board at this place.

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast