Thread: Fox News Sunday Debate - Dr. Ben Carson vs. Jesse Jackson

Fox News Sunday Debate - Dr. Ben Carson vs. Jesse Jackson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess Fox wants Carson to be the new GOP frontrunner.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Lol at anyone who thinks Carson has a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Though it's strange to see such a media invention .. A guy who nobody would even know about had it not been for the media.. Hope you are right, I just remember Barack Obama being similar in that way.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Though it's strange to see such a media invention .. A guy who nobody would even know about had it not been for the media.. Hope you are right, I just remember Barack Obama being similar in that way.
    Obama was a well connected U.S Senator, although not a household name, big difference.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I hate to say it, but Carson would probably do very well in both the GOP primary and the general. Like Rand, he's got the medical surgeon bona fides. He'll have credibility if he talks about Obamacare. He's got the kind of "intelligent" personality and speaking style that a lot of liberals (who may be looking for a Hillary alternative) woud like, and he'd be a heavy draw for black voters, both because he's black and because he's an inspirational role model of success for blacks (rose in his career to become chief neurosurgeon).

Rand may have some drawing power with black voters by 2016, and certainly more than the other GOP candidates, but I doubt he'll ever manage to draw as many blacks as Carson would. It's sad and it's a case-in-point why democracy doesn't work, but it's the truth. Carson would draw tons of blacks just as Hillary will draw tons of women.

Just sayin'.

I also don't hate Carson. Who knows if he's another establishment puppet in the end, but he seems like a pretty good guy from what I've seen so far.
    Last edited by economics102; 08-24-2014 at 05:25 PM.

I'd love to see Carson be Rand's VP....
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Obama was a well connected U.S Senator, although not a household name, big difference.
    Obama was a nobody when he ran for senate during 2004 against Keyes, who had no chance of winning for many reasons. That year Obama read a bunch of platitudes that someone else wrote for him off of a telaprompter in a very uplifting manner. From then on, the media told it's brain dead viewers, that he was the only hope and most Americans believed the MSM in the 2008 election.

Lesson: Whoever the media promotes is the one who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    I hate to say it, but Carson would probably do very well in both the GOP primary and the general. Like Rand, he's got the medical surgeon bona fides. He'll have credibility if he talks about Obamacare. He's got the kind of "intelligent" personality and speaking style that a lot of liberals (who may be looking for a Hillary alternative) woud like, and he'd be a heavy draw for black voters, both because he's black and because he's an inspirational role model of success for blacks (rose in his career to become chief neurosurgeon).

Rand may have some drawing power with black voters by 2016, and certainly more than the other GOP candidates, but I doubt he'll ever manage to draw as many blacks as Carson would. It's sad and it's a case-in-point why democracy doesn't work, but it's the truth. Carson would draw tons of blacks just as Hillary will draw tons of women.

Just sayin'.

I also don't hate Carson. Who knows if he's another establishment puppet in the end, but he seems like a pretty good guy from what I've seen so far.
    You can't win without a fundraising network. Also, polls generally show that Conservative women. Black conservatives, and Latino's such as Sarah Palin, Herman Cain, and Ted Cruz. Generally don't pull many more of their own demographic into their folds. They might energize those in the base, and I'm sure some more blacks would vote for Carson, but he would need to make his case to them.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I would take a Ben Carson (assuming he is not a plant) over a lot of people He is very smart, seems honest, a medical doctor, and is pretty good on many issues. If I had to vote for a McCain type or a Clinton, I would gladly take Carson.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I love how predictable these people like Jackson and Sharpton are. Blackity black black racism. I love how he was like, "That white panel cannot possibly understand this issue because they are white." Basically he is being racist and assuming that only black people can understand issues that have black people in them and white people should shut up and fall down at the alter of white guilt. I guess when you make your money off of the race issue you put on your racist colored glasses and see racism everywhere or you find it like Waldo hiding in a 5x5 sized book. P.S. I hate that people still call these guys reverend like they are actually religious leaders spreading the gospel.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Jesse Jackson looks like a bored Pug dog. I actually laughed when they had his image up next to Dr. Carson's.
    No more IRS.
    I am now old enough to vote.

Dr Carson appeals to me in many respects, he is obviously highly intelligent and down to earth common sense wise. The only negative thing for me so far, is that I have heard that he is not a proponent for the second amendment. The last thing we need is another anti gun president.

I don't think Carson would help end the war on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Obama was a nobody when he ran for senate during 2004 against Keyes, who had no chance of winning for many reasons. That year Obama read a bunch of platitudes that someone else wrote for him off of a telaprompter in a very uplifting manner. From then on, the media told it's brain dead viewers, that he was the only hope and most Americans believed the MSM in the 2008 election.

Lesson: Whoever the media promotes is the one who wins.
    Obama is still a $#@!ing nobody. I spit on his grave.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I see Dr. Carson as a valuable asset on the right side of the battle. Like everyone, Carson has some views that may not be 100% consistent with libertarian ideals, (you could say that about everyone, including the elder Paul), but he is knowledgeable and has an affable way of speaking that makes him attractive to a large community.

Now, he doesn't have the network needed for a real run at the Presidency so I don't think anyone really need to worry about that. He may run. He may get loads of media attention, but he won't win the primaries. My suggestion - which I think is the wisest - is to embrace Carson as a speaker of truth. Let those that would support him know that he is welcomed on our side as well. He has spoken highly of Rand in the past, I think it would be nice if Rand returned the favor. When Carson drops out, his endorsement would be huge.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire