Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New EU Rules Will Ban Not Eco Friendly Vacuums

New EU Rules Will Ban Not Eco Friendly Vacuums

Buy a powerful vacuum cleaner before they are BANNED: New EU rules 'will outlaw best models in 10 days because they're not eco-friendly'
    Five of the seven Which? 'Best Buy' vacuum cleaners banned from September
    EU says the rules will mean consumers will get better vacuum cleaners
    Critics claim new rule will not save energy because households will have to use their vacuum cleaners for longer
    Manufacturers will have to regulate themselves Many of the best vacuum cleaners will be taken off the market from next month when a new EU rule comes into force banning the most powerful models

Households that need a powerful vacuum cleaner should ‘act quickly’ before all of the models currently available sell out, consumer watchdog Which? warned.

From September 1, manufacturers will not be able to make or import vacuums with a motor that exceeds 1,600 watts. But Which? warned that many of the best models, which appear in its Best Buy tables, have motor sizes that exceed this.
    Continued: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/new...rns-Which.html
    Last edited by Bryan; 08-24-2014 at 01:55 PM. Reason: trim article

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is a very key indicator that someone does not believe in free market principles when they believe that government imposed rules will provide a better quality product to the consumer. The only thing these rules do is to make everyone's lives less efficient in an insidious unseen way.

They regulate shower heads, so now you have to stay in the shower longer. They regulate water pressure, so now you have to spend longer to water your plants. They regulate toilets, so now you have to flush more than once, and resort to a plunger three times a week. They regulate light bulbs, so now you have to put up with a sickening glow coloring your everyday experience. They regulate the paint you can use, so now you have to paint your house more often. They regulate cars, so now you have to work harder and longer to be able to travel the same distance you could before, and they regulate the speed you can travel so now this takes longer as well.

Overall peoples lives are getting worse. Everything takes longer, and is of lower quality. It is like the industrial revolution in reverse, suddenly we are losing time out of our day in bits and pieces. These are accumulated hours of your life that are draining away. They lower productivity and quality of life in a way that is very hard to quantify, but at the same time very real.

The invention of the car freed up productive capacity, giving everyone more free time that would otherwise have been spent traveling, enabling a massive spectrum of new industries and professions to emerge, catapulting our civilization into the modern age. Now the same process is happening in reverse. We are shrinking our productive capacity. Society is regressing.

I have friends who tell me about Europe, and the general consensus is that Europeans are living a "shoebox-sized existence" compared to Americans. The houses are smaller, the plates and dishes are smaller, everything you touch is of lower quality. And the same thing is happening here, day by day, in bits and pieces.

You cannot even begin to imagine how much better your life could be.
    Last edited by DevilsAdvocate; 08-25-2014 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    It is like the industrial revolution in reverse
    This.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Toilets that don't flush.

Washers that don't wash.

Light bulbs that don't light.

Shower heads that don't shower.

Now, vacuums that don't vacuum.

Nudge nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Toilets that don't flush.

Washers that don't wash.

Light bulbs that don't light.

Shower heads that don't shower.

Now, vacuums that don't vacuum.

Nudge nudge.
    And fuel containers that don't work properly.

We need to get the government out of our lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post

Ahrg, I forgot about those $#@!ing things.

Vapor free, "environmentally friendly", fuel spouts that don't work, and you end up using a funnel, leading to more vapors and spillage than if you just used a regular flexible spout like people have used for over fifty years.

This is all the double edge of two points:

1 - Agenda 21 "nudging" toward getting everybody into the Borg Hive of centralized and compact cities where we can all be kept a sharp eye on.

2 - Getting everybody used to the idea that there is nothing, absolutely nothing, outside the scope of FedCoat regulation or ultimate banning.

I found a local source for the old fashioned spouts, but they don't sell them on the internet.

I found a local source for the old fashioned spouts, but they don't sell them on the internet.
    http://www.ruralking.com/ez-pour-rep...FaVZ7AodliIAVw

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Snip

You cannot even begin to imagine how much better your life could be.
    Oh yes I can.
    "The Patriarch"

There you are folks, stock up before they ban selling them.

Vapor free, "environmentally friendly", fuel spouts that don't work, and you end up using a funnel, leading to more vapors and spillage than if you just used a regular flexible spout like people have used for over fifty years.
    And toilets and washers and showers that don't work the first time, leading you to flush/wash again/longer, thus leading to more water usage than the old units because people tend to keep at it until the job is actually done. And now vacuums that don't suck, which sucks, because it means you'll be running them an hour instead of fifteen minutes.

We've got a long way to go. What say we begin by shooting ourselves in the feet? Sound right to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Thank you! I need this so bad. I can't operate the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Thank you! I need this so bad. I can't operate the new ones.
    Neither can I.

Neither can I.
    Cool! I ordered 2 of them. One for gas, one for diesel. Do you get commission?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    LOL I wish...nope just some quick Search Fu.

They fixed cell phone chargers with a standard. Except for Apple, which continues to deliberately make previously compatible non-Apple chargers incompatible.

But most of their stuff is nuts.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny how EU consumer goods are better than the US's. Lol, I wonder how that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Funny how EU consumer goods are better than the US's. Lol, I wonder how that's possible.
    There are plenty of crap products out there but not all 'eco friendly' tech is bad, for instance our new washing machine uses something like half the power but everything comes out just as clean, I don't see a problem with that. Also it was competitively priced.

One thing I don't like is how they now make 3 cylinder cars, then still try to get a lot of power out of a small engine block. I bet these new eco friendly cars won't last 100k miles before the engine is worn down, but hey government here loves taxing cars. Specifically new ones, so making cars last less long is bad for the environment but good for government.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Love that place , probably go in twice a month , they still sell Channelock , Irwin etc tools too. Cheapest place I know for most shotgun ammo and they have a nice selection in .410 and even a few 28 Ga , 16 Ga , if anyone still has those .

I bought every old one I saw this yr at yard sales for about $1 to $4 ea . I may have enough now ....

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    There are plenty of crap products out there but not all 'eco friendly' tech is bad, for instance our new washing machine uses something like half the power but everything comes out just as clean, I don't see a problem with that. Also it was competitively priced.

One thing I don't like is how they now make 3 cylinder cars, then still try to get a lot of power out of a small engine block. I bet these new eco friendly cars won't last 100k miles before the engine is worn down, but hey government here loves taxing cars. Specifically new ones, so making cars last less long is bad for the environment but good for government.
    At some point you will reach diminishing returns.

They will likely last 100k, but not much past that, and they, because of the insanely tight tolerances that allow a 3 cylinder 1500 cc engine to effectively power a small sedan, will not be repairable.

That said, I am no fan of the new HE style "dirtiers".

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    The reason I went the other route and just bought a bunch of old gas cans was because I did not know if the kits at the farm store would be threaded the same on the cap .

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

When we used to have some of the best car companies in the world they made a stab at competing with the smaller imports. I think the first round of cars were getting about 40 thousand miles. Then they steel sleeved the cylinders and did a little better.

That was back when the government counterfeiting the money supply was really taking off and we were blaming everyone but ourselves for the price of gas rising.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Back in the sixties there was and excellent commercial grade vacuum made. They were the industry standard. I think they were made by Hoover but the only thing I'm seeing now that looks like they did is Sanitaire Commercial Vacuum Cleaners which seems odd to me. I'm pretty sure they were Hoover.

Every Janitorial department or service had them. Some modals had more polished chrome or aluminum but they seem to have the same guts.

Anyway every part on them was replaceable and was easy to find. They had the most powerful vacuum motor module of any vacuum at the time. I sort of remember working on a steam cleaner that had two of them in it for extra suction.

I suppose if they do, "New World Order" us by restricting motor size it wouldn't be to hard to convert a canister vacuum to use two or even three of the pumps.

You can't just vacuum twice as long with a weaker vacuum and make up for the lack of suction in every case. If you go over something that almost lifts high enough to get picked up, that could be what it is going to do no matter how many passes.

Nice, they have 1900W vacuums in Europe! Those lucky Europeans and their 240 volt electric.

Here in the USA, the top power you can get is 1500W. It's not because of gov't regulations -- it's because that's how much a 120V circuit can support without too much risk of flipping the breaker.

I have a Eureka Boss, it's the cheapest and best to get dog fur off of everything. And I hate bagless vacuums with their crap flying everywhere when you clean it out. I've had it for almost ten years and haven't even had to replace a belt, it's built like a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Nice, they have 1900W vacuums in Europe! Those lucky Europeans and their 240 volt electric.

Here in the USA, the top power you can get is 1500W. It's not because of gov't regulations -- it's because that's how much a 120V circuit can support without too much risk of flipping the breaker.
    Yeah , when I lived there I had transformers for two coffee pots , toaster and fridge , LOL. I made sure everything else I bought I could just plug in and just gave it all away or sold it When I left .

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I have a Eureka Boss, it's the cheapest and best to get dog fur off of everything. And I hate bagless vacuums with their crap flying everywhere when you clean it out. I've had it for almost ten years and haven't even had to replace a belt, it's built like a tank.
    Sounds good . I hate the one we have , but the Mrs loves it . It is an old Kenmore , 12 amp , whisper belt . She even made me fix it when it went kaput . Parts were not easy to find and kind of expensive.I like my shop vac though . Got it one winter on sale @ Rural King when I had a snow drift up against a basement window start to melt and water leaked in on the concrete basement floor.She insisted I get something to suck it up . So , after about fifty trips up the basement stairs , I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yeah , when I lived there I had transformers for two coffee pots , toaster and fridge , LOL. I made sure everything else I bought I could just plug in and just gave it all away or sold it When I left .
    Damn, I didn't realize that actually. We have plenty of equipment that's over 1500watts. Our circuits can handle 3600watts. How do you plug in a deep frying unit, those are all at least 2000W here? We have three vacuum machines; a 2000W siemens which is cheap and it sucks. A 1400W Dyson which is ok. But the best I have is my Festool shop vac which is just 1200W but it produces the best vacuum. So I guess when it comes to vacuum machines it's not always the power that wins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast