Thread: Rand Paul Warns Dems What Will Happen if They Nominate ‘War Hawk’ Hillary Clinton

Rand Paul Warns Dems What Will Happen if They Nominate ‘War Hawk’ Hillary Clinton

Rand Paul Warns Dems What Will Happen if They Nominate ‘War Hawk’ Hillary Clinton

by Matt Wilstein | 4:55 pm, August 22nd, 2014

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) shared some harsh words about potential 2016 opponent Hillary Clinton in this preview of an interview he taped for this week’s Meet the Press. Wearing his surgical scrubs while on a medical mission to Guatemala, Paul predicted what would happen if Democrats decide to nominate a “war hawk” like Clinton in the next presidential election.

“If you wanna see a transformational election, let the Democrats put forward a war hawk like Hillary Clinton, and you’ll see a transformation like you’ve never seen,” Paul said, foreshadowing how he plans to run against the former secretary of state.

In another clip released by NBC Friday, Paul made his first on camera comments about the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri.“One of the best things they’ve done so far in Ferguson, was send an African American police officer down there to talk to people in the community,” Paul told NBC’s Chris Jansing. “Now, it hadn’t worked completely, I’ll admit that. But it’s a better way than shooting tear gas at people in their front yard.”

Watch both videos below, via NBC News:

read more:
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul...llary-clinton/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hillary is kinda in a tough spot here sex-wise. If she doesnt' come off as a total war-monger she risks looking weak which has already got to be a concern since she would be a woman looking to break into the ultimate boys only club. If she comes off as a warmonger she risks looking like a psycho feminazi. Randal is playing her just right.

with that said, I still say she isn't running.

Before the battle of Trafalgar, Nelson gave the following order: "no captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy."

Similarly, Rand can never do wrong by hitting Hillary.

The most important benefit is that it raises his stature among Republicans.

So good work Rand, keep the hits coming!

Rand Paul Calls Hillary Clinton a 'War Hawk' in NBC Interview

RUSSELL BERMAN
    August 22, 2014

It looks like 2016 can't come soon enough for Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) The increasingly likely presidential candidate lobbed an early salvo at Hillary Clinton in an NBC interview set to air Sunday, calling the presumptive favorite for the Democratic nomination a "war hawk."

If you wanna see a transformational election, let the Democrats put forward a war hawk like Hillary Clinton, and you'll see a transformation like you've never seen.”
    The comments were sent out by NBC on Friday as a tease for its extended interview with Paul on Meet the Press, which was conducted during his trip to perform free eye surgeries in Guatemala. (Paul is an ophthalmologist.) Elected in 2010, Paul has been ramping up his political operation and is likely to test his more libertarian views in a presidential run in 2016.

Clinton, the former secretary of state, has long been seen as more hawkish than President Obama, and she made news in an interview with The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg earlier this month by criticizing the president's decision not to arm Syrian rebels beginning in 2012.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014...erview/379019/

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Before the battle of Trafalgar, Nelson gave the following order: "no captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy."

Similarly, Rand can never do wrong by hitting Hillary.

The most important benefit is that it raises his stature among Republicans.

So good work Rand, keep the hits coming!
    hah, well said!

Hillary is almost the perfect candidate for Rand to run against and win. No other GOPer can attack her on the positions that Rand can (positions that will absolutely DEMORALIZE honest bleeding heart liberals).

The question is whether or not Rand can withstand the onslaught that is sure to come from the MSM, neocons and RHINOs who are literally going to launch a "total war" against him to keep him from being the GOP nominee.

hillaryous. this is gonna be so good.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    hah, well said!

Hillary is almost the perfect candidate for Rand to run against and win. No other GOPer can attack her on the positions that Rand can (positions that will absolutely DEMORALIZE honest bleeding heart liberals).

The question is whether or not Rand can withstand the onslaught that is sure to come from the MSM, neocons and RHINOs who are literally going to launch a "total war" against him to keep him from being the GOP nominee.
    So true, but yes, if Rand can somehow get past the nuclear minefield the entire establishment will subject him to and wins the Republican nomination, he will sweep the floor with Hillary, using her own broomstick.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Rand is astute. If he can draw Hillary into a continuous fistfight, the Republican rank and file are going to get behind him and Fox news is going to have a hard time knocking him down. And he can smash Hillary on democrat issues. She will end up waffling and look the fool. But I also still believe she is not running.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    KILLARY
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I can't wait to see Dems come off as the warmongering party. $#@! would get epic real quick

The progressive true antiwar dems more than likely will never vote for Rand but he sure can suppress their desire to even go to the polls and vote for Hillary.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

~~
    Last edited by 56ktarget; 08-22-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    The progressive true antiwar dems more than likely will never vote for Rand but he sure can suppress their desire to even go to the polls and vote for Hillary.
    This.

It's not that they'll vote for him. It's more that they'll become beyond depressed and apathetic after months of Rand supporters MOCKING & RIDICULING them for everything Hillary supports (war, drones, FISA, Wall ST, drug war, etc etc) in the comment sections of pretty much every DEM/Prog website (which is Alinsky#101 and how Obamabots demoralized large swaths of Hillary, McCain & Romney supporters).

This is kind of surprising rhetoric coming from Rand, since he's been portraying himself as a moderate on foreign policy issues. He hasn't exactly been taking hardcore anti war stances, and might end up voting for air strikes in Iraq if it comes up for a vote. That's not a criticism, but I'm wondering if he just thinks that he's going to pivot and take a much more anti war/anti intervention stance if he wins the GOP nomination.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Dean 2016!
    I am guessing that you also aren't interested in supporting a neocon warmonger like Hillary.

Considering that James Dean dies in 1955, do you have any other candidates?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    This is kind of surprising rhetoric coming from Rand, since he's been portraying himself as a moderate on foreign policy issues. He hasn't exactly been taking hardcore anti war stances, and might end up voting for air strikes in Iraq if it comes up for a vote. That's not a criticism, but I'm wondering if he just thinks that he's going to pivot and take a much more anti war/anti intervention stance if he wins the GOP nomination.
    All he has to do is be against just 10% of American wars and he will be on the antiwar side of Hillary. She has opposed NONE or even show any restraint.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is for the "Meet the Press" interview, on MSNBC. He's gift-wrapping these comments for the drive-by Hillary crowd.

Also, by pointing out Hillary's war hawking, it doesn't directly imply he's a dove. It only says that Dems won't be allowed to ignore her stained record, throwing purple (and maybe some blue) states into much play.

I have fond memories of Rand's throwing the war on women stuff right back at Hillary, too.

fun stuff.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Dean 2016!
    He's already endorsed Hillary: http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/politi...html?hpt=po_c1

Rand goes after Hillary, calls her a war hawk on Meet The Press

http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-call...210258156.html

It looks like 2016 can't come soon enough for Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) The increasingly likely presidential candidate lobbed an early salvo at Hillary Clinton in an NBC interview set to air Sunday, calling the presumptive favorite for the Democratic nomination a "war hawk."

If you wanna see a transformational election, let the Democrats put forward a war hawk like Hillary Clinton, and you'll see a transformation like you've never seen.”

The comments were sent out by NBC on Friday as a tease for its extended interview with Paul on Meet the Press, which was conducted during his trip to perform free eye surgeries in Guatemala. (Paul is an ophthalmologist.)

more at link but its Atlantic Wire so lefty slant
    Another link: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/rand-p...204209161.html

Another: http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pres...temala-n186346

Several preview clips of interview: http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press

MTP airs 9am ET on NBC, 10:30-11:30 in NY and DC. Re-air at 2pm on NBC and 2am and 4am on MSNBC.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-22-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Dean 2016!
    "I am a huge Hillary Clinton fan," Dean told CNN in an interview. "I just am. Not because I hope to get a job. I know her; I've known her for a long time. I think she has an enormous mental capacity to do analysis and let the chips fall where they may."

"If she is president, which I hope she is, I think she is going to be a terrific president," added Dean, who stopped into Clinton's book signing event in the Hamptons last weekend and posed for a picture with the former secretary of state.

"Vote for Rand Paul for President on November 8th, the stakes are too high for you to stay home."

- ML

As a republican all Rand has to do is admit that residents in other countries are humans too and that brings down the wrath of the neocons.

Todd's first week and it's already Rand vs. Hillary.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

It's quizzical to me. The only way I can describe this is Rand is trying to run to the left of the Democrats and the right of the Republicans at the same time.

I am t sure one can win an election that way, but I am pretty sure on cannot win one of the two major primaries that way.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Woods View Post
    It's quizzical to me. The only way I can describe this is Rand is trying to run to the left of the Democrats and the right of the Republicans at the same time.

I am t sure one can win an election that way, but I am pretty sure on cannot win one of the two major primaries that way.
    You would be wrong. Rand can win easily. The voters are disgusted with the majority of both parties and their typical bull$#@!. Rand offers a choice that is badly needed and wanted by the voters.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods View Post

The Powers that Be want you stuck on their 'left/right paradigm'. They want you to be unable to think in terms of anything but that false paradigm. But it is a false paradigm. You don't have to be for less financial freedom to be for more personal freedom. You don't have to be for less personal freedom to be for more financial freedom. You really, really don't.

Can Rand Paul win a primary that way? Well, dude, while some weren't paying any attention, we've been working our asses off getting people used to the idea that it's possible to be for freedom while you're for freedom, and it isn't a contradiction. What's a contradiction is getting your peace prize for starting a couple more wars.

In another clip released by NBC Friday, Paul made his first on camera comments about the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri.“One of the best things they’ve done so far in Ferguson, was send an African American police officer down there to talk to people in the community,” Paul told NBC’s Chris Jansing. “Now, it hadn’t worked completely, I’ll admit that. But it’s a better way than shooting tear gas at people in their front yard.”
    No, it hasn't worked completely. What worked completely was what the Tulsa police did when they found a murderer in their midst and what the Oklahoma City police did when they found a rapist in their midst. Both those former cops are in jail right now, facing charges that will keep them out of circulation for decades and decades.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-23-2014 at 06:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Relevant reading.

Hillary Clinton is a war hawk - Sen. Rand Paul...

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.(AFP Photo / Spencer Platt)

The US Senator from Kentucky has warned that if Hillary Clinton, the former US Secretary of State, becomes the next American president, she could get the United States bogged down in yet another conflict in the Middle East.

Following in the footsteps of his Libertarian father, Ron Paul, who spent much of his lengthy political career demanding a more isolationist US foreign policy, Rand Paul told NBC’s Meet the Press that the 2016 presidential election could be “transformational” if a “war hawk” like Hillary Rodham Clinton gets into the Oval Office.

"We're worried that Hillary Clinton will get us involved in another Middle Eastern war, because she's so gung-ho," Paul added.

Indeed, Clinton has acquired a reputation for being quick to jump on the war wagon – even when it has been the neoconservative faction of the Republican Party demanding a call to arms.

In 2002, Senator Hillary Clinton from New York made a fateful decision that has haunted her political career to this day: She voted to authorize US President George W. Bush to open a military offensive against Iraq, which was suspected of harboring weapons of mass destruction. No such weapons, however, were ever discovered.

“Many senators came to wish they had voted against the resolution. I was one of them,” Clinton has written in her newly released book, "Hard Choices."

“As the war dragged on, with every letter I sent to a family in New York who had lost a son or daughter, a father or mother, my mistake (became) more painful," she adds.

"I thought I had acted in good faith and made the best decision I could with the information I had. And I wasn't alone in getting it wrong. But I still got it wrong. Plain and simple."

Rand Paul.(Reuters / Lucas Jackson)

However, many political observers think the former Secretary of State will win the Democratic nomination to participate in the 2016 presidential elections - not despite her jingoistic impulses, but precisely because of them.

“What’s her calculation here,” Nicholas Lemann asked in a recent article in The New Yorker. “It can only be a belief that she has such an overwhelming lead among Democrats that…the electorate in November, 2016, will agree with her that we need a more hawkish president than Obama.”

Meanwhile, however, Obama himself has shown a strong tendency for opening up military offensives in a number of foreign countries - for example, in Libya, where the United States commanded a NATO air campaign that ultimately led to the capture and on-the-spot execution of Muammar Gaddafi on October 20, 2011.

The two-term Democratic leader has also dramatically increased the number of drone strikes against alleged terrorist militants in comparison with his predecessor, George W. Bush.

This record of overseas military adventures by both the Democrats and Republicans may present Americans with a shortage of options when it comes to electing a politician who favors an American foreign policy that is not ‘gung-ho’ on interfering in the affairs of sovereign states.

It is on this point that Paul, a potential presidential candidate himself, may pin his hopes on a run for the presidency.

"I think that's what scares the Democrats the most, is that in a general election, were I to run, there's gonna be a lot of independents and even some Democrats who say, `You know what? We are tired of war,'" Paul concluded in the interview.
    http://rt.com/usa/182540-rand-paul-clinton-war/

Source note...
    Information presented on this website is considered public information (unless otherwise noted in material) and may be distributed or copied for non-commercial (personal, educational, research etc.) purposes.

The use of any material from this website and quoting in mass media requires appropriate credit and link to the web page where the information was taken from.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-27-2014 at 02:32 AM.