Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother fed daughter tapeworms to lose weight for beauty pageant

Mother fed daughter tapeworms to lose weight for beauty pageant

A pageant mom in Florida is the subject of an upcoming episode of Untold Stories of the E.R. after forcing her daughter to ingest tapeworms in order to slim down for competition.

Upon checking into the emergency room with severe stomach pains, nurse Maricar Cabral-Osorio thought the teen was pregnant. But an ultrasound showed no fetus -- although there was an inexplicable growth in her intestines.

Recounted and reenacted for Discovery Fit & Health's anything-but-subtle medical scare docudrama, the unfortunate teenage contestant's condition became clear upon a fateful trip to the bathroom.

"It was a toilet bowl full of tapeworms," Cabral-Osorio recalled.

"It was so gross and she had pooped all these tapeworms. There were a couple that were very long and wiggling around trying to get out of the toilet bowl."

Having passed the parasites, the teen was then assumed to be fine. But one question remained -- how did she get the tapeworms in the first place?

After an apparent fight between the mother and daughter, it became clear the mother bought a pill of tapeworm eggs in Mexico and forced her daughter to take it to lose weight for an upcoming pagent.

"We were wondering how did she get those tapeworms, and then you saw the mom turn white," Cabral-Osorio said.

"The mom was apologizing to the girl. It's like 'I'm so sorry. You know, I did it just to make you a little skinnier. You needed some help before we went on to the pageant."

It is unclear when the incident occurred or if criminal charges were brought against the mother.
    http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire...21-121606-5933

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, tapeworms are pretty fricking awful.
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...eight-loss.htm

At the top of the worm is the head, called the scolex. The scolex has suckers or hooks that it uses to attach to the intestinal wall. Without this feature, the peristaltic action in the host's intestines -- the rhythmic muscular contractions that move material through the digestive tract -- would push the worm out. Below the scolex is the neck. The rest of the worm's body buds off of the neck. Here where it starts to get really creepy. The tapeworm's body, called the strobila, is made up of many segments, sometimes thousands. Each individual segment is known as a proglottid. A proglottid is either male or female. The segments closest to the neck are mostly male and produce sperm. Segments farther along the body are female and are basically egg sacks. A tapeworm can produce millions of fertilized eggs. Proglottids frequently break off from the worm and are passed out of the host along with feces. However, each proglottid has functional muscles, allowing it to crawl. Sometimes, a detached proglottid will crawl out of the host through the anus. More often, a proglottid crawls away from the pile of fecal matter left by the host, increasing the chances that it will be eaten by a different animal. Eventually, the proglottid disintegrates, leaving behind the eggs.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Each proglottid contains both male and female reproductive organs. They're white little segments. When they dry up, they look like pieces of white rice. This is one of the many reasons why you should always cook pork well.

I took a course in Parasitology from the Vet school, back when I was in college. I never washed my hands as much in my life, as when I was taking that course. lol
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Do they mention whether it worked or not? Did she win the pageant?

Occasionally I watched this show called "The Monster In Side Me" it was a medical show about parasites. Creepy. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V2Ac6RYSvo8
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's wrong. Each proglottid contains both male and female reproductive organs. They're white little segments. When they dry up, they look like pieces of white rice. This is one of the many reasons why you should always cook pork well.

I took a course in Parasitology from the Vet school, back when I was in college. I never washed my hands as much in my life, as when I was taking that course. lol
    Fun stuff isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Fun stuff isn't it ?
    Actually, yes. It was fascinating.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Actually, yes. It was fascinating.
    I agree completely but I was commenting from a slightly different angle.

In a slightly sarcastic manner I meant the obsessive hand washing while thinking about wriggly bits that may live in your body if you failed to wash your hands properly. Fun !

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did it work?

I imagine we should be able to find some Natural News articles presenting the case for this.

My Mom gave us Sulfur and Molasses,, just in case we picked up any.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

That's just damn gross. Wtf is wrong with people?

Back in the days of unregulated snake oil salesmen, tapeworms were a common diet pill.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Did it work?

I imagine we should be able to find some Natural News articles presenting the case for this.
    Yes it works.

These mother's who live vicariously through their daughters are really truly sad. SMDH
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I don't think it is too much to ask that women infect themselves with parasites to be more pleasing to men.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    I don't think it is too much to ask that women infect themselves with parasites to be more pleasing to men.
    LoL..

nothing to add (but a /sarc tag)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Crazy bitch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...parasites.html

Tapeworms have been used for nearly 100 years to increase weight-loss, but doctors have warned the practice is extremely dangerous.

Last year Dr Patricia Quinlisk, Medical Director of the Iowa Department of Health, wrote: 'Ingesting tapeworms is extremely risky and can cause a wide range of unstable side effects, including rare deaths.
    I don't know why Christopher Guest hasn't done a mockumentary on pageant parents, but I really wish he would. I'm sure it would be hilarious, and there sure as hell is enough material to work with.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Austere Tx for tape worms:

starve pt for a few days

place a bowl of warm milk in front of them. You may need to hold them down. The tape worms will exit, generally through the mouth. Grab w hemostats and extract.

for other types of worm infestations: 1.5-2 cigs. eat. Stuns um long enough to pass along with their eggs.

-t

That's just awful. And, I do not believe that should be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    I don't know why Christopher Guest hasn't done a mockumentary on pageant parents, but I really wish he would. I'm sure it would be hilarious, and there sure as hell is enough material to work with.
    You haven't seen Here Comes Honey Boo Boo?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

There might be a GOOD reason to infest yourself with parasites:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helminthic_therapy
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    That's just awful. And, I do not believe that should be legal.
    Which part? The secretly infesting? The infesting of a minor? Or any use of tapeworms?

Possessing tapeworms is illegal here in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You haven't seen Here Comes Honey Boo Boo?
    Two clips, and both grossed me out as much as the tapeworm diet. The clips were sketti, and the sneeze.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Possessing tapeworms is illegal here in the land of the free.

Two clips, and both grossed me out as much as the tapeworm diet. The clips were sketti, and the sneeze.
    So if the cops pull you over they can probe you if they think you have a tapeworm? "We has reezuns to beeleeve you might be harborin' a noxious parasite. Get the colonoscope, Tony."

Which part? The secretly infesting? The infesting of a minor? Or any use of tapeworms?
    Secretly infesting and infesting of a minor, obviously. Well, obviously considering I am a voluntarist, at any rate. Maybe not obvious for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    Secretly infesting and infesting of a minor, obviously. Well, obviously considering I am a voluntarist, at any rate. Maybe not obvious for everyone else.
    I agree with you. I was poised to pounce on you if you said possession or voluntary use by adults should be illegal. Because I am planning a tapeworm business.

...I am planning a tapeworm business.
    Marketing idea: Apparently, there's another fast-acting side effect to exploit. Worms might be useful to lighten skin by a noticeable amount...

"We were wondering how did she get those tapeworms, and then you saw the mom turn white," Cabral-Osorio said.

It's pleasing until... you know... worm segments come crawling out.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

One thing you have admire here - the Mexican tapeworm pills are the real thing! The market is perfectly capable of producing effective medicine without the FDA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast