Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex or Jail: Oklahoma City police sex crime case

Sex or Jail: Oklahoma City police sex crime case

An Oklahoma City police officer was being held in jail Thursday night after being accused of a string of on-duty sexual assaults in a case described as “disturbing” by the city’s police chief.

Daniel Ken Holtzclaw, 27, a three-year veteran of the Oklahoma City Police Department, was arrested about 3 p.m. Thursday outside Gold’s Gym, 2301 W Memorial Road, on complaints of rape, forcible oral sodomy, sexual battery and indecent exposure. He was being held in the Oklahoma County jail in lieu of $5 million bail.

The arrest was announced at a short-notice 4 p.m. news conference featuring Oklahoma City Police Chief Bill Citty and Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater.

Holtzclaw is accused of stopping women — some as they walked through neighborhoods — and threatening them with arrest, Citty said. Police said Holtzclaw forced women to expose themselves, fondled the women, and in at least one instance, had intercourse with a woman, Citty said.

Holtzclaw, an Enid native, worked the 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. shift at the Springlake Division, which predominately patrols the northeast part of Oklahoma City. Police said most incidents happened at the location of the stops, but some victims were taken to remote locations.

“Trust is something that we are constantly having to work on,” Citty said. “When something like this happens, I have to hope that most of the community realizes that our officers, 99.9 percent of them, are trustworthy, and when something like this happens, our officers take this very personally.”

Investigators have received statements from six women, and one woman is scheduled to provide a statement, Citty said. The chief said all the victims are black women between the ages of 34 and 58, and the incidents occurred from February to June in the area of Lincoln Boulevard to Interstate 35 and NE 14 to NE 50.

Detectives began investigating Holtzclaw after a woman complained to police June 18. He was placed on administrative leave the same day.

“We started the investigation and we started looking at traffic stops he had made throughout the previous months to try to identify and initiate contact with females that we knew he had stopped during that period of time, just to see if they had been sexually assaulted,” Citty said.

Prater said he anticipates charges against Holtzclaw will be filed by Aug. 29.

Citty said authorities feel there are additional victims in the case.

“We are releasing the picture and if there is anyone that was victimized by this officer, we certainly want to hear from them,” Citty said.

Any possible victims are asked to call the Oklahoma City police sex crimes unit at 297-1133.

Holtzclaw was one of four Oklahoma City police officers named in a wrongful-death lawsuit filed in the May 1, 2013, death of Clifton Armstrong, 38. The lawsuit was filed in January.

http://newsok.com/cop-arrested-accus...rticle/5334344
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In before somebody on RPF finds him guilty before he even goes to court.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

He really looks like a mongoloid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So you're judging the forum prematurely ...

Steriods...mandatory drug testing will fix a lot of this BS. you test positive your out no pension no job.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

If convicted maybe he'll get 5 years probation like this rapist cop : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ears-Probation

And notice in the OKC story "comments are disabled for this article." Can't have the peasantry commenting on such things.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-22-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    If convicted maybe he'll get 5 years probation like this rapist cop : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ears-Probation

And notice in the OKC story "comments are disabled for this article." Can't have the peasantry commenting on such things.
    I was just going to post about that.

Nice backhand. You have really good form. Hehe!
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Lol
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    He really looks like a mongoloid.
    Yeah that is the first thing I was thinking too... definitely has an extra copy of Chromosome 21.

simple solution. Change his hours to a 9-5pm shift.....that way, they can keep a better eye on him.

poor guy.

...and the incidents occurred from February to June in the area of Lincoln Boulevard to Interstate 35 and NE 14 to NE 50.
    In the very shadow of the state capitol building, no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Some have already confessed.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5624741

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol! I'll say it again, even if he didn't actually commit the crime in question (and really, I'd be kind of surprised if he didn't) he's guilty of aggression simply because of his profession.

The logic here is incredibly simple and rudimentary, I find it strange that some people have such a hard time with it.

Again, he may not have committed the crime in question. Darren Wilson may not have killed Michael Brown. But both cops are still guilty, because as cops, they have used aggressive violence against us.

I am not going to cry for them, and you shouldn't either.

Its like trying an IRS agent for taking more money in taxes than he was legally required to have done. He might not have done it, but he's still guilty of theft. The fact that his theft was "legal" shouldn't make a difference to us.

Or, its like asking if Chris Kyle actually punched Jesse Ventura. Who cares? The man ADMITTED to killing more than 100 people. Had Kyle gone to court for punching Ventura, arguing that Kyle is "innocent until proven guilty" would be silly since he's already confessed guilt to far worse. And that the murders were "legal" shouldn't make a difference to us.

The same is true in all of these police brutality cases. The evidence says most of them are true. I'm sure some were false. But its irrelevant. The cops are still guilty, just because of who they are.

He is considered innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

What is so hard for people to understand about that?
    Legally yes. But morally and ethically he is an aggressive person even if he didn't do this.

“Trust is something that we are constantly having to work on,” Citty said. “When something like this happens, I have to hope that most of the community realizes that our officers, 99.9 percent of them, are trustworthy, and when something like this happens, our officers take this very personally.”
    Gee ... 99.9 percent of your officers are NOT serial-rapists-under-color-of-law ... congratulations ... what a bunch of swell guys ... you win a donut ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

He is considered innocent till proven guilty in a court of law.

What is so hard for people to understand about that?
    Maybe I should re-emphasize my first point which is to extend that same courtesy to the forum and not steer the conversation in a direction you don't seem to think it ought to go anyway.

If you don't like people pre-judging cops, why post "in before somebody on RPF finds him guilty before he even goes to court"? I don't know what purpose it serves (there may be one, just beyond my comprehension).

Another point - kind of like FF's - could also be made that cops aren't judged in the same courts as we are. They have friendly grand juries and even friendlier DAs (i.e., not a "court of law" as a non-cop "civilian" would recognize it) (friendly, cop-loving judges too!). This guy might be a rare exception where they want to make an unambiguous example (this isn't the type of corruption they want to tolerate, he's a weirdo!).

Maybe I should re-emphasize my first point which is to extend that same courtesy to the forum and not steer the conversation in a direction you don't seem to think it ought to go anyway.

If you don't like people pre-judging cops, why post "in before somebody on RPF finds him guilty before he even goes to court"? I don't know what purpose it serves (there may be one, just beyond my comprehension).

Another point - kind of like FF's - could also be made that cops aren't judged in the same courts as we are. They have friendly grand juries and even friendlier DAs (i.e., not a "court of law" as a non-cop "civilian" would recognize it) (friendly, cop-loving judges too!). This guy might be a rare exception where they want to make an unambiguous example (this isn't the type of corruption they want to tolerate, he's a weirdo!).
    Looks like we disagree...... wow, who would think that could happen on the internet?

This guy might be a rare exception where they want to make an unambiguous example (this isn't the type of corruption they want to tolerate, he's a weirdo!).
    Yes, sexual crimes like this are about the only sorts of wrongdoing where a cop is very unlikely to get a free pass, at least from juries. I guess they get away with so many other abuses that they get arrogant and figure that they can do things like this too, and then they find out it doesn't quite work that way.

Being a cop you can "put lumps" on people all day long, and even commit murder so long as the magic costume is on and they gave you a "reason" to, but you can't do this, at least not forever.

Of course, when it comes to sentencing that is where he will get his "professional courtesy" break from the judge -- if he can't be given probation, then the time in prison will be the absolute minimum the judge can give. And even then he'll get "protective custody" and special treatment from his fellow gang members (I would guess that he'd still be considered part of the "brotherhood").
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-25-2014 at 08:52 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oklahoma policeman accused of rape while on patrol released on bond

(Reuters) - An Oklahoma City police officer accused of raping or sexually assaulting at least six women while on patrol was released from jail after posting $500,000 bond on Friday, officials said.

Daniel Holtzclaw, 27, a three-year veteran of the Oklahoma City police force was arrested last month and charged with 16 counts of burglary and sexual assault including two counts of first-degree rape and sexual battery, among other crimes, court records show.

Holtzclaw's bail was originally set at $5 million cash, but his attorney Scott Adams successfully lobbied the judge to reduce the total to $500,000, according to court records. A deputy at the jail said Holtzclaw was released after posting bond.

Holtzclaw was ordered into house arrest and fitted with a GPS monitoring system, court records show. He was forced to turn in his badge, uniform, and weapon.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0H105Y20140906

Oklahoma policeman accused of rape while on patrol released on bond
    Of course he was, we all know accused rapists are regularly released on bond....

Especially those who use firearms and their official position to execute their alleged crimes..

"Just-Us"

Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    Will there be any media coverage of these victims being threatened or killed?

And how well paid are these folks?? He owns a Half Million dollar home? Has 50,000 cash laying around? (standard 10%)

Who put up this guys Bond?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Of course he was, we all know accused rapists are regularly released on bond....
    If they're illegal aliens, it happens all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Will there be any media coverage of these victims being threatened or killed?

And how well paid are these folks?? He owns a Half Million dollar home? Has 50,000 cash laying around? (standard 10%)

Who put up this guys Bond?

probably the fraternal benevolent something something association brotherhood of blue bloods blue wall of silence police union
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

His trial is set for October 26.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast