Thread: Let's push to get $12 million by December 16th, then the tea party!

Let's push to get $12 million by December 16th, then the tea party!

It's at $10,420,000 plus right now.

In my opinion, there is no reason we can't hit the 12 million goal by the 16th.
    13 more days of donations.

Then the Tea Party!

Imagine if he got 5-6 million which is what I estimate (some do higher) on the Tea Party. That would leave Ron Paul with 17-18 million for the quarter (Plus the last ditch push at the end).

In honesty, I bet with the Tea Party and the last week push, Ron could make over 20 million this quarter. Perhaps that's pushing it, but possible.

What do you guys think?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think we need to stop DIVIDING ourselves and FOCUS on one very clear goal.

its 12 days away.... focus on the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by crasster View Post
    It's at $10,420,000 plus right now.

In my opinion, there is no reason we can't hit the 12 million goal by the 16th.
    13 more days of donations.

Then the Tea Party!

Imagine if he got 5-6 million which is what I estimate (some do higher) on the Tea Party. That would leave Ron Paul with 17-18 million for the quarter (Plus the last ditch push at the end).

In honesty, I bet with the Tea Party and the last week push, Ron could make over 20 million this quarter. Perhaps that's pushing it, but possible.

What do you guys think?

Don't get worked up over lofty financial goals that we have no control over. If you get all worked up about hitting 12 mill by the 16th and it doesn't happen, you will be disappointed and it will disappoint those around you also.

Look, we already know we are going into the race with more money than any of the other GOP candidates and the real race starts in about a month.

Remember the goal is to get votes not money.

Everybody needs to just think of ways to spread the word. Too much apathy out there and people still aren't aware of Ron Paul. We need to reach these people. They want you to. They don't know it yet but they are waiting for you to tell them about Dr. Paul.

Go tell somebody new. That's how we fan the flames of this campaign.

Last edited by Nicketas; 06-19-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Every opportunity to get Ron Paul in the press is an opportunity to get more voters and potential contributors for the Tea Party. For instance, Paul gets press just for stating that he expects to raise $12 million for the quarter...

Paul Expects Over $12M in 4th Quarter

If we were to get to $12 million before the Tea Party, that would be another publicity opportunity. Unfortunately, not everyone here sees it that way.

We wont even get close to 11 million until December 16. And I'm ok with that. Because it makes all that more suspenseful when we do pass it. Every time we get close to passing another million, every one is excited and starts to donate. Then the 12 million, that is the quarter goal and we'll pass it with great enthusiasm too. Heck, if we just make 5 million on that day, that is still awesome because that will be 16 million for the quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulitician View Post
    We wont even get close to 11 million until December 16.
    "Close" is relative, but $40,000 to $45,000 per day will indeed put us over $11 million on the 14th or 15th. Can't wait for two weeks from today!

Yeah, I meant within 10,000 dollars close to 11 million. At the rate we're going, about 35,000 dollars a day now, I don't think we can pass 11 million. If so, that's great, but I see no reason to worry too much about it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I think trying to go to the well too often on these money bombs thrown essentially on whims is counterproductive.

I think the money is flowing in pretty well -- on average between $50k-$100k per day. It's best to just continue building support for 12/16 -- I personally am very optimistic on a $10M day.

Note that most of the money flowing in on a daily basis is from 1) new donors, or 2) responses to email messages from the campaign. A lot of established donors are hanging back for the 16th which, in my view, is just fine at this juncture.

If you can convince someone to become a new donor, suhhest that they: 1) sign up for the tea party (either explicitly or mentally) and 2) also donate $150 or more right away to make up for the previous moneybombs that they missed.

The goal is $10 million for a reason!

Get on it!
    Convince Democrats: www.RonPaulIsPeace.com | Convince Everyone: www.RonPaulIsHope.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mental Dribble View Post
    I think we need to stop DIVIDING ourselves and FOCUS on one very clear goal.

its 12 days away.... focus on the 16th.
    I agree

I am a poor man myself, but wish to donate more then I have.

If you are like me, then you might find the following strategies useful:

1. Donate plasma. Doing so helps to save lives, and you can get money for your donations. (20-40$ per donation) (donating plasma is no big deal on your body, has no adverse effects)

2. If you are able to, donate sperm. Wish I could, but I can't. Donating sperm helps out couples in need, and earns you a lot of cash.

3. Sell stuff around the house you don't use/want on ebay.

Just useful ways of earning some more money. Can make up for what you have donated already, or add to what you have donated.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 12-03-2007 at 11:53 PM.