Thread: Congressman Ted Yoho challenges Ron and Rand to do the Ice Bucket Challenge!

Congressman Ted Yoho challenges Ron and Rand to do the Ice Bucket Challenge!

https://www.facebook.com/TedYohoforC...20812307949108

They better do it! I'm looking forward to it!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Everyone who is politicizing the meme are doing those tiny little buckets. And I never see ice. My son's friends are doing the big 5 gallon ones.

So if they do it they should do it correctly. At least I think so.

I mean you can't back down from a challenge so they have to do it. Right?

ALS is a good cause and Ice Bucket Challenge is cool... but I don't care who the operator is, I'm not standing under a front loader bucket like the video in that link.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Should put this on the front page.

Can they wear a pink shirt instead?

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    I link this to my other post about the 28 page declassification idea... might be bad taste for RP to follow my idea. But I still like it.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    Being serious, and taking advantage of the ice bucket challenge craze, what about an ice bucket challenge but instead of dumping out ice and water, a sign on a string that reads "Declassify redacted 9 / 11 info."

After each video "9/11 bucket", one could then publicly challenge anyone of our illustrious legislators to sponsor a bill to do just that.

Maybe it is getting too late, so excuse my rambling... the idea is looking good in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Can they wear a pink shirt instead?
    I had the same thought when Taft first started pushing this. Heh.

People have been wearing pink duds for years and we still see cancer dropping them like flies.

This $#@! is lame. Hashtag activism, gtfo.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Challenged Ron? Should have picked Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Firefighters Shocked, Hospitalized in Ice Bucket Challenge

You'd think these fellers would know better. They are professionals in their fields after all.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This $#@! is lame. Hashtag activism, gtfo.
    Got that right. No one that I know that's done it has donated a red cent. They're just being lemmings looking for attention.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Got that right. No one that I know that's done it has donated a red cent. They're just being lemmings looking for attention.
    Technically, if you do it, that gets you out of donating. Many donate anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Technically, if you do it, that gets you out of donating. Many donate anyway though.
    No one I know that hasn't done it but has spoken about it has donated either! Like specs said, hashtag activism is bs. Besides, giving money to medical foundations is a waste of money. Why would they ever want to actually find a cure? They spend the cash on executive salaries, very lavish annual conventions and more fundraising. May as well just write a check and mail it to some big pharma company.

I remember reading an expose on Jerry Lewis' MDA and the ungodly amount of money they've collected over the years and have come no closer to a cure than when it started. Can't imagine why that is
    Last edited by devil21; 08-22-2014 at 05:45 PM.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Ya I still don't understand this ice bucket stuff.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Well, it certainly has raised my awareness of ALS. I wasn't aware that a maximum of 30,000 people (ALS foundation claim, NBC says 12,000 max) may have the disease in a country of 300+million that's $17T in the hole in gov't debt alone. $40 million raised during a few days of this challenge? I guess things aren't as bad in this country as I thought if people have that kind of cash to dump into a non-issue. And $275,000 to donate to a cop that shot someone dead in the street in St Louis. And $500,000 to a 15 year old fake gunshot victim in Houston. And $20,000,000+ to parents of allegedly murdered kids in CT. And $100,000 to race and sex baiting receipt scammers on Facebook. etc etc. Seems people are flush with cash to give away at the slightest urge by their peers.

PT Barnum was a visionary.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-22-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Read up on the leadership of ALSA. It's a bunch of corporate types that bounce from medical foundation to medical foundation, with the goal of soliciting money from people that mean well but will never see their money amount to anything except lavish lifestyles for the employees of the foundation and cash funneled to big pharma and their hospital 'sick care' clients.

http://www.alsa.org/about-us/leaders...-newhouse.html
    The CEO of ALSA has worked for:
    ALSA
    American Cancer Society
    Alzheimer's Association
    Autism Society of America
    Arthritis Foundation
    Leadership Institute on Aging

ALSA Marketing Officer:
    ALSA
    Lung Association
    American Red Cross

Chief Scientist:
    ALSA
    Bristol Myers Squibb
    Bachelor's degree in PHARMACY

Chapter Relations Officer:
    ALSA
    Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
    American Heart Association

Care Services Chief:
    ALSA
    Veterans Administration :cringe:
    Harvard Community Health Planning
    Inova Health Systems - Corporate Health Services (huge hospital corp)

They are expert 'non-profit' fundraisers and big pharma tools, not people devoting their lives to curing ALS. There's no money in cures.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Read up on the leadership of ALSA. It's a bunch of corporate types that bounce from medical foundation to medical foundation, with the goal of soliciting money from people that mean well but will never see their money amount to anything except lavish lifestyles for the employees of the foundation and cash funneled to big pharma and their hospital 'sick care' clients.

http://www.alsa.org/about-us/leaders...-newhouse.html
    The CEO of ALSA has worked for:
    ALSA
    American Cancer Society
    Alzheimer's Association
    Autism Society of America
    Arthritis Foundation
    Leadership Institute on Aging

ALSA Marketing Officer:
    ALSA
    Lung Association
    American Red Cross

Chief Scientist:
    ALSA
    Bristol Myers Squibb
    Bachelor's degree in PHARMACY

Chapter Relations Officer:
    ALSA
    Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
    American Heart Association

Care Services Chief:
    ALSA
    Veterans Administration :cringe:
    Harvard Community Health Planning
    Inova Health Systems - Corporate Health Services (huge hospital corp)

They are expert 'non-profit' fundraisers and big pharma tools, not people devoting their lives to curing ALS. There's no money in cures.
    The ALSA spends 72.4% on programs and services, while only 11% goes to overhead, administrative staff and associated costs. So what was your point?

Source: http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...6#.U_wERGO-Zq1
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Massachusetts View Post
    The ALSA spends 72.4% on programs and services, while only 11% goes to overhead, administrative staff and associated costs. So what was your point?

Source: http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...6#.U_wERGO-Zq1
    Programs and services eh? Well that changes everything. What does your link mean by Programs and Services?

Program Expenses:

This measure reflects what percent of its total budget a charity spends on the programs and services it exists to deliver. Dividing a charity's program expenses by its total functional expenses yields this percentage.
    I said they funnel money to big pharma and hospital sick care. That is their program and service. 11%=$2.2mil went to staff in 2013.

It's not productive investment of capital since it doesn't produce anything beneficial.
    Last edited by devil21; 08-26-2014 at 01:57 AM.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I'd be shocked if Ron Paul did this, it goes against his no-nonsense personality.