Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do Whites and minorities view the police differently?

Why do Whites and minorities view the police differently?

It seems like every time a police shooting like the one in Ferguson, there seems to be a racial divide. With the minorities on one side (usually the side of the person getting shot) and the white (caucasians) on the side of law enforcement.

Now it's not 100% but I am sure from watching the difference in coverage between say MSNBC and FOX that there is a racial divide on that.

So I propose that question to you guys. Why do whites tend to take the cops side while minorites tend to take the other side? Is it because minorities are criminals and so they take the criminals side as suggested by some members on this forum?

Here is an interesting study from New York's stop and frisk law:

One in five people stopped last year by the New York City police department was a teenager between the ages of 14 and 18, according to a WNYC analysis of recently released police data.

Eighty-six percent of those teenagers who were stopped were either black or Latino, most of them boys.

Last year, there were more than 120,000 stops of black and Latino kids between 14 and 18. The total number of black and Latino boys that age in the entire city isn’t much more than that – about 177,000 – which strongly suggests a teen male with dark skin in New York City will probably get stopped and frisked by the time he’s graduated from high school.

The debate about stop and frisk’s racial disparities comes down to opponents who say it racially profiles and supporters who say the people stopped fit the descriptions of most suspects. The conversation, until now, has been dominated by lawyers, politicians, police officials and community leaders.

But ask junior high and high school students around the city, from affluent to low-income neighborhoods, and most appear to agree on one main premise: who gets stopped and frisked has everything to do with where you live and what color your skin is.
    source: http://www.wnyc.org/story/212460-cit...ace-and-class/

120,000 out of 177,000 black and latino kids were stopped and frisked. Now ask yourself this, if you are white and live in a city where 120,000 out 177,000 white kids were stopped and frisked, how would your perception of cops be?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Many minorities support police shooting first or prison rape for anyone suspected of being racist.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Many minorities support police shooting first or prison rape for anyone suspected of being racist.
    Source please.

To answer the title question-it's because police treat them differently and always have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

What did black leaders and many black pundits say should happen to Zimmerman? He should be thrown into the general population, where they knew he would be raped or killed.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Well, when you're on the menu, whites rush into the arms of the police for good or bad.

Last edited by AuH20; 08-20-2014 at 05:10 PM.

It might have something to do with african americans being incarcerated at a rate 5 times greater than that of caucasians... "walking while black"
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    It might have something to do with african americans being incarcerated at a rate 5 times greater than that of caucasians... "walking while black"
    It's largely the astronomical murder rate that really grabs one's eyes. As much as there is a compelling argument that blacks aren't afforded the same benefit of the doubt in terms of nonviolent drug offenses, the comparative murder rates are so off the charts that a lot of that goes out the window. Only 13% of the population and commits half of all annual murders? [jaw proceeds to drop]
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-20-2014 at 05:30 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I must be an exception to this statistic.

Hell,, there are bunches of White Americans that have no use for Police..

WTF is wrong with the rest of them?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Judging by how people react when this subject comes up, I would say a combination of ignorance, naivety, and being saturated by cop propaganda in media, schools, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Hell I know plenty of white people that aren't too partial to LE and try not to go any business with them.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I don't know about a racial divide. Are you siding with the police if you take a wait and see approach? Can anyone know exactly what happened if they did not witness the killing? I tend not to take anyone's side.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

haha

"Whites"

I mean, what kinda of white? Starbucks N Scarves or white guys with loud bikes that literally build their hierarchy based on who's more of a pysco killer?

Im sure the latter isn't very fond of the fuzz.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

I was really on the fence until someone, such as yourself, with such an extensive posting history interjected your opinion. Now I know how to think. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

I don't rep you often because you don't much care for them. But you are gonna get one for this and accept it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm white, generally side against "law enforcement."

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I'm white, generally side against "law enforcement."
    "law enforcement" and Police are two distinctly different things.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I would guess the amount that a person is anti-cop is directly proportional to the amount of interactions they have with cops.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Why do Whites and minorities view the police differently?
    Because they don't.

A person's view on Police is dictated by personality type, situation and experience.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If John Shaft was real many blacks would support his activity.

Many blacks support the lawlessness of Eric Holder and Obama.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    I would guess the amount that a person is anti-cop is directly proportional to the amount of interactions they have with cops.
    I am proof that this is false. I've had no interactions with them, and yet I don't like them.

What did black leaders and many black pundits say should happen to Zimmerman? He should be thrown into the general population, where they knew he would be raped or killed.
    I never heard Obama say this. Unless, you don't consider Obama a "black leader." Can you name some of the "black leaders" who said this? Sources would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Because they don't.

A person's view on Police is dictated by personality type, situation and experience.
    A person's philosophy should be included on that list.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    That's about how I see it for the ordinaries. I have no need for any , nor do I wish to see them or have any contact with them , because they are dangerous , violent and above the law in a society of retarded law. If a person has not experienced that , they of course will be ignorant.

I am white and have been stopped and frisked probably more than the overwhelming majority of blacks. (aside from that one guy who was arrested some 50 times at work and frisked a couple hundred)

I've lost count on how many times I've been harassed, stopped, detained, arrested, etc. Well over 20 major times that well should have resulted in a lawsuit and no less than 50 minor times where they just wanted to fight, for example. I forget about a lot of them, actually, unless it was particularly egregious.

Needless to say, $#@! the police. The most counterproductive litter of bed bugs to ever exist. And I'm saying that being fairly well read on the regulatory agencies strangling productivity.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Could be because the police don't routinely hassle white folks ..... or need to. It's all just a numbers and probability scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Could be because the police don't routinely hassle white folks ..... or need to. It's all just a numbers and probability scenario.
    Lol.

Black folks need hassled?

Perhaps you should check the statistics on how successful stop and frisk campaigns have been.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

The looting doesn't help public image. I think a lot of white people watching the news and seeing rim shops being raided and people bashing convenience store windows, might sway them to the side of cops.

Now, if you saw people protecting private property while directing their anger towards police, it might be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast