Thread: US aid to foreign countries in 2015, and why (INFOGRAPHIC)

US aid to foreign countries in 2015, and why (INFOGRAPHIC)

It is incredible that this USTF aid continues to flow to foreign regimes even after WTC1/2/7 and Gaza bombings:

Here's how much aid the US wants to send foreign countries in 2015, and why (INFOGRAPHIC)

The Obama administration wants to give Israel more than $3 billion. Will it get it?

The United States gives a lot of money to the world. How do you think it's being spent?
    To help you answer that question, we used data from the US State Department to create a series of charts detailing all the requests for foreign aid made by the US government for the fiscal year 2015.
    Aid from the United States to foreign nations is funneled through nine government agencies. The charts below contain complete data sets from the US Agency for International Development, the US African Development Foundation, the Peace Corps and the Inter-American Foundation.
    Only partial data are available from the Millennium Challenge Corporation and the US departments of the Treasury, Agriculture, State, and Defense. Still, the data provide insight into who's likely to get the most foreign aid and what the money is going toward.

The charts below show how much money is being requested for foreign countries and for what. They are grouped by region. The box next to each bar indicates the largest area for which US aid money is being sought, and shows the percentage that category comprises of the total requested US assistance for that nation.
    North America

Central & South America

Africa

Middle East

Europe

Asia

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...-requests-2015

Related

Caution, very graphic images of USTF bombing aftermath in Gaza

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is pocket change for us that whether for good or ill, buys a lot of influence around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    This is pocket change for us that whether for good or ill, buys a lot of influence around the world.
    Spoken like a true Keynesian.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Foreign aid has nothing to do with Keynes's economic policy. Try again.

Rand Paul for Peace

Keynesian economics says that we should have surpluses during booms and deficits during busts. Try again.

Is there a list of countries that we don't give money to? I'm assuming it's tiny.

I wonder how much of this foreign aid is used to buy weapons?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Funny how the most troublesome country is also the one that gets the most money.

Foreign aid is crony-capitalism pure and simple. Most of that money is earmarked to be spent on specific goods and services from US companies or to service specific bank loans. Of course some goes to bribe local officials. But there is no evidence it does anything useful.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

This chart includes only monetary aid and not donation in military equipment... or it is not correct.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Foreign aid isn't what you think. It isn't helping people in need. It is essentially an industrial subsidy, just like food stamps. Democrats are hypnotized by the idea of helping the poor (a great sentiment, by the way) so that they don't see the crony-capitalist behind the curtain. Republicans are hypnotized by the idea that anyone in a suit and tie sitting at a desk is a real businessman and hence good and would never use government corruption for graft so they can't see the scam either.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

Foreign Aid is much much more than the average American is lead to believe...

There's proof and a long track record of the U.S. government granting loans to foreign nations/states/governments/dictators, then forgiving or dismissing those loans. That has to be one of the largest thefts and misrepresentation to the American taxpayers and Americans devaluation of their currency. Further down the 'Rabbit Hole' we see secret trade deals and intentional rigging in favor of certain nations in their tariffs and US subsidization of trade.

Between all the co development projects with say Israel, the US taxpayers picking up the bills for ZIRP to Israel, and subsidizing products of Israel, the total aid package(s) per year comes out to $10+ Billion. There's more with the nations that buy US debt, when you look closely at the tariff system of trade balances or should we say Trade Imbalances, with those nations that hold huge amounts of US debt, it gives those nations the power to control trade and pricing. The political prostitutes within the Washington DC beltway will "Lazily" give nations what they want at the expense of this country's currency and wealth... all so long as the economic/financial schemes continue and they can stay in office.

Here's from the 2012-13 year in financial welfare of another Fascist program between the US Chamber of Commerce, Crony Corporatism, Banksters, and Fascist government of Washington DC. As you can see, the PONZI/PYRAMID keeps increasing each year. There's nice coverage of a select industry by Dan Rather on AXSTV reporting on the EX-IM Bank and the Australian Great Barrier Reef (Grief). It's how Washington DC also controls foreign governments, while sticking the debt of loans, and even discounted interest rates to the American taxpayers that are too busy with: How I Met Your Moron Mother, American Idol, or MLB/NFL/NBA and E! News.

Export-Import Bank of the United States | FY 2013 Annual Report | FY 2013 Highlights
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Why don't you try again?

Foreign aid is stealing from the poor of one country and giving it to the rich of another country, or words to that effect--Ron Paul

'In the long run, we're all dead.'--John M. Keynes

See, this is yet another way you liberals, in between railing against the corporations, help them get away with their crap. Bankers love debt. Fiat money printers love debt. Debt allows people to strangle other people with interest payments. Debt is not sustainable. You remember that word, unsustainable, right? You liberals like that word, but you often leave the thinking world scratching our heads in wonderment that you use it so much, but seem to have no clue what it means.

How much could we do for the poor if we weren't spending trillions on weapons. Oh, you've heard that one before, eh? Well try this one on for size: How much more would the poor have if we weren't spending trillions on interest payments to the one percent because we can't balance the budget?

You people keep pushing for this spending or that spending. You never look to see if this foreign aid is being used to feed people or if it's being spent for another Bentley or two for the Palace Garage and more bullets for the Palace Guards. And the bankers that hold the first, second and third mortgages on this nation are laughing all the way to the bank. And the only way our grandchildren will ever be able to afford to pay it back is if the currency fails so completely that hundred dollar bills are, Zimbabwe style, as pennies--by which time the American people will be so impoverished that the suffering will be inestimable.

Or is inestimable suffering what your loving liberal pea pickin' li'l ol' heart truly desires after all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Lol the answer isn't to get rid of all foreign aid, but to get rid of the bad foreign aid. Sounds obvious, but some people apparently don't get it.

Lol the answer isn't to get rid of all foreign aid, but to get rid of the bad foreign aid. Sounds obvious, but some people apparently don't get it.
    Trolling hard or hardly trolling?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can tell you how the Macedonian money is spent.All the money goes to NGO`s.It is nothing more than money laundering.All the NGO`s do are some stupid projects that are nothing more than a smoke screen and except for a humanitarian name it can hardly be even said they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    I can tell you how the Macedonian money is spent.All the money goes to NGO`s.It is nothing more than money laundering.All the NGO`s do are some stupid projects that are nothing more than a smoke screen and except for a humanitarian name it can hardly be even said they exist.
    BUAHA HAHA HA ...Same here in Croatia. More or less EU funds are also spent like that in entire Europe.
    Example: 50.000 euros for teaching 7 year old children for one day to prepare "traditional", "Eco-friendly", "gay as hell(vegetarian)" meals. la di da...

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    BUAHA HAHA HA ...Same here in Croatia. More or less EU funds are also spent like that in entire Europe.
    Example: 50.000 euros for teaching 7 year old children for one day to prepare "traditional", "Eco-friendly", "gay as hell(vegetarian)" meals. la di da...
    Not long ago the EU sent experts trough some NGO project to hold a seminar on how to clear up voting lists ( from dead people,people who no longer live in the country and such ).The problem was it was a rare occasion that a crowd that was interested showed up politicians,professors ,ambassadors, activists some even bringing notepads to take notes.And then a guy shows up and gives a lecture equivalent to "freedom,democracy,liberty".He did not say a single coherent sentence that had any value what so ever.

It is just a scam where the politicians get to funnel money to their friends.The big oligarchs can directly get payed trough government projects so they give it to them trough this lectures plus they get to go around the world.

Not long ago the EU sent experts trough some NGO project to hold a seminar on how to clear up voting lists ( from dead people,people who no longer live in the country and such ).The problem was it was a rare occasion that a crowd that was interested showed up politicians,professors ,ambassadors, activists some even bringing notepads to take notes.And then a guy shows up and gives a lecture equivalent to "freedom,democracy,liberty".He did not say a single coherent sentence that had any value what so ever.

It is just a scam where the politicians get to funnel money to their friends.The big oligarchs can directly get payed trough government projects so they give it to them trough this lectures plus they get to go around the world.
    Tell me about it. I am certified EU-funds manager ... Best part is that minimum 20% of every tender goes to "promotion"*.

*promotion= parasites in government rent a hotel with all expenses payed for few days and they invite some NGO representatives to join them to discuss current grants and yada yada yada. I my self went to few of those. Corruption to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Trolling hard or hardly trolling?
    Don't waste a letter addressing that douche bag, their ops are to disrupt and hijack.
    Hey they also inflict crony corporatism; FiveBucks, Mickey D's, WalMarx, ADM/Cargill/Monsanto $#@!... endless Fascism forced upon the small and meek countries near you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    I thought the laundered money went to building arms plants and war training? DC foreign game is the same in every country... Confessions of an Economic Hitman
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

In my experience, in Latin America for instance, one of the main issues with giving aid to NGOs or Countries are the wrong choices made by those agencies when deciding to whom the AID goes.

So the AID, instead of creating a good image of the US to the world, what could eventually –in the long run- generate a pro US sympathy, more often, the AID provided by the US is seen as an effort to block or disrupt a democratic process of sovereign nations with the aim to protect the interest of some specific corporation.

As a corollary, at a short run and also in a long run, the US is wasting the money providing assistance in a wrong way creating most of the time antipathy against the US.

Indeed you will find the paradox, that countries that provide of much less aid, or none, may have a better reputation, just because of the fact of not interfering with the sovereign process of those countries.

What's good foreign aid?

Maybe if we didn't pour money into questionable aid, we would be in a better position to really help during a real crisis such as when the Tsunami hit Japan or during the major Earthquake in Haiti. In the latter case, maybe not send aid on Military Vessels.

Aid could preferably just be humanitarian delivering food or medical supplies. Maybe engineers who can advise on rebuilding or fixing infrastructure. If we just hand over suitcases of money, much of it will just be squandered. Hell, we may be lucky if even food or medial supplies don't disappear or are used to buy influence in 3rd World countries.

I will assume that your motives are good - you want people in need to get assistance. Unfortunately, governments are unable to do this. The good motive that begins the process is always derailed by corruption before the destination is reached. It is inherent in the process of trying to delegate charitable intentions to an agency based on force. Charity is a do-it-yourself project. You can't send government to do it.

And it isn't a question of better management. Thinking that the problem with foreign aid is bad management is exactly the same idea as people express when they say that the problem with the war in Iraq (etc) is that we just didn't do it right. The problem is not in the management, it is in the mission itself

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.