Thread: Gov. Perry stripped of his right to conceal carry and buy ammo

Gov. Perry stripped of his right to conceal carry and buy ammo

Forget that it could ruin his presidential aspirations. Look beyond the possibility he could spend about a century in prison explaining to fellow inmates (with names like Mad Dog and Widowmaker) the intricacies of constitutional law and vetoes.
    Those of you who wish ill upon Gov. Rick Perry (and shame on you for doing so) perhaps will find delight in the fact that his indictment already has hit him where it hurts. It’s right there in federal law, specifically the federal law known as 18 USC 922(n), and I quote:
    “It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person (1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year.”
    Thanks to last week’s indictment, your fun-with-guns governor is now in that category.
    - See more at: http://rare.us/story/gov-perry-strip....1y0BLUhr.dpuf
    More at link.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I think this is awesome because it will highlight that a citizen of Texas can be stripped of their right to bear arms without even being convicted of a crime. Let the badasses of Texas come to terms with the cold hard fact that their government doesn't respect their rights. The Lone Star State is full of complacent statists.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    The Lone Star State is full of complacent statists.
    So is the rest of the nation.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Perry just find a hookup on the black market, the guns are cheaper dude.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    So is the rest of the nation.
    One thing you can count on the Internet to supply is someone to quote a federal law as justification as to how screwed up Texas is.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

this just says no one can sell him guns. IF he already owns guns it doesn't say he can't still have them.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Does this mean he won't be able to jog anymore?
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once he's cleared of all charges, he'll be good to go.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    Once he's cleared of all charges, he'll be good to go.
    How many years did that take Tom DeLay?
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Does this mean he won't be able to jog anymore?
    Maybe with a rifle or a shotgun.There is no open handgun carry in Texas.
    Lucky coyotes.

I think this is awesome because it will highlight that a citizen of Texas can be stripped of their right to bear arms without even being convicted of a crime. Let the badasses of Texas come to terms with the cold hard fact that their government doesn't respect their rights. The Lone Star State is full of complacent statists.
    I wouldn't use the word "awesome" but yeah totally agree here.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I'd rather have him stripped of all his dignity. I didn't get to show up and get my mugshot taken in a suit. Before posing for that picture they made me strip naked and hold up my nutsack while I squatted and had gay jailers stare at my $#@!... all for being caught with a plant in a ziplock bag. I didn't take away someone's job, or support laws for which the the treatment I suffered is mandatory, or threaten to take away 500 thousand acres of land like Rick Perry did. I want him to actually suffer. Rick Perry belongs in jail. I support every effort to put him there.
    Last edited by fr33; 08-21-2014 at 12:48 AM.

Is that even Constitutional? Perry should sue for being deprived of ammo without due process. He has standing now I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I'd rather have him stripped of all his dignity. I didn't get to show up and get my mugshot taken in a suit. Before posing for that picture they made me strip naked and hold up my nutsack while I squatted and had gay jailers stare at my $#@!... all for being caught with a plant in a ziplock bag. I didn't take away someone's job, or support laws for which the the treatment I suffered is mandatory, or threaten to take away 500 thousand acres of land like Rick Perry did. I want him to actually suffer. Rick Perry belongs in jail. I support every effort to put him there.
    Even if the charges are false?

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine

Perry laid his hands on Ron Paul during a 2012 debate, and even Ron Paul is humble enough here to say that Perry is being politically lynched.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/firs...ctment-n183341

Some of you are becoming the monsters you fight.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-21-2014 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

How does the gun shop employee know if you've been indicted for something?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just another law to ignore is all. 3 a day, but I try to make it 6.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine

Perry laid his hands on Ron Paul during a 2012 debate, and even Ron Paul is humble enough here to say that Perry is being politically lynched.

You got that right... in more ways than one.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nobody's_hero again.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

I think maybe he should have done something about stupid laws while he had the chance.

Rick Perry is an idiot. and no real friend to liberty. But that does not change the fact that these are dumb laws.

Perhaps his personal encounter with them will provoke him to do something about it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Is that even Constitutional? Perry should sue for being deprived of ammo without due process. He has standing now I would think.
    I wish he would. Let Perry feel the experience that every citizen of Texas does, being deprived of basic rights and then maybe he will work to fix the situation.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post

I'm a monster living in a monstrosity. This is the system we live in. I tried voting. It doesn't work. Send letters. Call their offices. It doesn't work. Instead Rick Perry became emperor of Texas for 14 years.

Rick Perry would be a terrible president and I'm glad these charges will help to stop that from happening. From experience, I already know you can't trust the voters from preventing it.