Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student arrested after writing about killing dinosaur with gun

Student arrested after writing about killing dinosaur with gun

SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) - A 16-year-old Summerville High School student says he was arrested Tuesday morning and suspended after writing about killing a dinosaur using a gun.

Alex Stone said he and his classmates were told in class to write a few sentences about themselves, and a "status" as if it was a Facebook page.

Stone said in his "status" he wrote a fictional story that involved the words "gun" and "take care of business."

"I killed my neighbor's pet dinosaur, and, then, in the next status I said I bought the gun to take care of the business," Stone said.

Stone says his statements were taken completely out of context.

"I could understand if they made him re-write it because he did have "gun" in it. But a pet dinosaur?" said Alex's mother Karen Gray."I mean first of all, we don't have dinosaurs anymore. Second of all, he's not even old enough to buy a gun."

Investigators say the teacher contacted school officials after seeing the message containing the words "gun" and "take care of business," and police were then notified on Tuesday.

Summerville police officials say Stone's bookbag and locker were searched on Tuesday, and a gun was not found.
    cont.
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/26319685/...-on-assignment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...e-bought-a-gun

The school's students were held in their classrooms while officers conducted a search of the teen's locker and bookbag. No weapon was ever found, according to Summerville police. Officers placed the "irate" student in handcuffs and detained him for disturbing schools, the report said.
    If you don't talk back to the LEO, nothing bad will ever happen to you. They promise!

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

The police, at the behest of a school teacher, disturbed an entire school in order to harass a young man and criticize his authorial skill, whereupon they charged the young man with disturbing the school? This kinda sounds like it should be in the Onion.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    The police, at the behest of a school teacher, disturbed an entire school in order to harass a young man and criticize his authorial skill, whereupon they charged the young man with disturbing the school? This kinda sounds like it should be in the Onion.
    As we peel back the layers,, it could make some cry.

Reality is becoming worse than satire.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Summerville police officials say Stone's bookbag and locker were searched on Tuesday, and a gun was not found.
    Guns are easy to dispose of,dinosaur bones,not so much.

Dig up his backyard.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Bizarro-world continues. Wow, just wow.

how insensitive to dinosaurs, they're extinct
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Guns are easy to dispose of,dinosaur bones,not so much.

Dig up his backyard.
    call in a psychic. can't hurt. we know the kid is guilty after all...there was a confession.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    a teacher did this.... sue the bitch and the school for hiring the bitch
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

For the police state to function fully however, participation from amongst the populace was key. Their vital tool here was to be the Inofizelle Mitarbeiter (I.M). IMs were unofficial collaborators who informed on work colleagues, friends, and even their own spouses. Informers were a part of everyday life, supplying the Stasi with the banal trivialities that they deemed necessary to neutralise their targets. During the lifespan of the communist regime in East Germany it is estimated from existing archival material that there were up to 500,000 informers active at various times. Or more starkly one in 30 of the population had worked for the Stasi by the fall of the GDR. Informers were controlled by their own special department, HA IX (Main Department 9), often referred to as ‘the centre of the inquisition.’

...People became I.Ms for a number of reasons in his view: for personal gain; so visits to the West would be granted; from a desire to change the system from within; or in the majority of cases through blackmail and coercion by the Stasi. Fear then, was also used as a tool to recruit informers from the general populace.
    http://thevieweast.wordpress.com/201...ing-the-stasi/
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

During World War II Americans laughed at the Japanese Thought Police.

I wonder if the Japanese are laughing at ours today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Eric Holder said it, in order to ban guns they "will really have to just brainwash people".

This incident, the infamous "pop tart gun", the "Hello Kitty Bubble blower" incident, and the recent story where a 4th grader brought a lime green nerf gun to school for show and tell are all about getting 'em while they're young. Get into those little heads and give them a totally irrational, unreasoning fear of guns.
    Summum Jus, Summa Iniuria - More Law, Less Justice

So now a Meteor didnt kill the dinosaurs, a single gun did? lolololol Oh, but if you talk about that gun that killed off the dinosaurs, you'll get suspended and later likely arrested, tazed, shot, and incarcerated, in that order!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Reality is becoming worse than satire.
    LOL

Guess what? The school never contacted the parents either. As of this interview, neither the mother nor father had been contacted by the school, and Rocky D's show airs 3-6pm weekdays in Charleston. Parents don't matter when nanny's babysitting.

http://www.thebryancrabtreeshow.com/...osaur-comment/
    Reality is independent of Popularity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It would be funny if it were satire... unfortunately, we have Idiocracy going on now.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

You know what...Its really funny until a dinosaur gets hurt. We need to take these actions seriously.

Because the threat of killing a dinosaur is serious. They don't have the ability to speak up for themselves! It's difficult when you are a few bones short of a skeleton and have been dead for a zillion years. But that doesn't make it any less painful for the dinosaurs that are in fear of their safety. No one looks out for the rights of dinosaurs. I'm glad the cops took care of this potential dinosaur killer and taught him a lesson.

Alex Stone said he and his classmates were told in class to write a few sentences about themselves, and a "status" as if it was a Facebook page.
    ...am I the only one who found this the most disturbing part of the story?

What's next, toilet-stall graffiti 101?

He's lucky the police officers only arrested him and did not kill/taze/mace/beat him. Police can't think for themselves and are afraid of their own shadows. The school administrators told the dumb pigs what to do and they did it. That child is far scarier than their own shadows. We should be thankful the kid is still alive.

Who's really the terrorist?
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Imagine writing some piece of fiction like Natural Born Killers nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Imagine writing some piece of fiction like Natural Born Killers nowadays.

There's stuff I wrote/drew in elementary school that would have gotten me in so much trouble in today's bizarro world.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...am I the only one who found this the most disturbing part of the story?

What's next, toilet-stall graffiti 101?
    Nope. This jumped out at me too. Its sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Nope. This jumped out at me too. Its sickening.
    Their next assignment is to write an essay about themselves in 140 characters, include hashtags for extra credit.

And if you dump ice water on your head and record it in a 20 second vine like video, you get a no homework pass for the next 3 days!
    Last edited by Mani; 08-21-2014 at 04:21 AM.

I think this sums up our education system nicely:

Very good boys and girls...Single file now...Take the $#@! we've piling up on your head and walk into the toilet before we flush...move along and don't ask questions...
    Last edited by Mani; 08-21-2014 at 04:30 AM.

It would have been the FBI there instead had he wrote the word bomb. The state is getting pretty good at this indoctrination thing. Stalin would be proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

As a true sportsman , I hunt them with spears .

Even Philosoraptor does not approve ...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast