Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Rabbits Pets or Meat?

Quote Originally Posted by MacSaxe View Post
    My mom used to get rabbits being offered in the papers that were "free to a good home"... Even the old ones cooked right were tasty
    Some elderly poor in KCMO were doing that with "free to good home kittens", back in the 70's.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I eat them , but they are wild and I usually dust them with a load of #7 1/2's in 12 Gauge and are instantly dead.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    aren't rabbits related to rats?....

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I eat them , but they are wild and I usually dust them with a load of #7 1/2's in 12 Gauge and are instantly dead.
    and tenderized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Some elderly poor in KCMO were doing that with "free to good home kittens", back in the 70's.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I always tend to get a little suspicious when I see a Chinese restaurant close to a pet store. Actually, it's really kind of amazing just how many of them there are.

I always tend to get a little suspicious when I see a Chinese restaurant close to a pet store. Actually, it's really kind of amazing just how many of them there are.
    In our town a Chinese buffet opened up right next to Petco. No thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    In our town a Chinese buffet opened up right next to Petco. No thanks...
    It's a national recycling trend. Waste not, want not. Franchises are now available!

Where I went to HS, we had a Peace Corps training facility up the road I visited. Learned a few things - tree farming for re-forestation, building energy efficient stoves and yes, that rabbits are the best pay off for growing meat.

That said, I've had 2 house rabbits and want another. Bunnies are awesome pets and I don't eat them.

-t

addendum: best line I've ever seen in a social profile: "I'm a social vegetarian. I don't do meet".
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 08-22-2014 at 01:55 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is just because all the weird stuff , like tanning , movie rental , pizza , Chinese , pets are always in strip malls , I imagine .... if you had a real money maker , like Auto Parts , Liquor or Hardware etc , those can be stand alone stores

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12