Thread: Happy Birthday, Ron!

Happy Birthday, Ron!

I am so glad he was born.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Freedom!
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...ay-dr-freedom/

Today is Ron Paul’s 79th birthday. This great man used to be known in Congress as Dr. No for his opposition to the statist, warmongering, Keynesian legislation that he fought. But he really deserves the title Dr. Freedom for all the positive work he has done for our ideas, continues to do, and will do in the future. People all over the world look to him as Dr. Libertarian, and he is that, too. He is, of course, unique in American political history for his principles and steadfastness. He’s also a great physician and athlete, a leader by example and family patriarch. He is Dr. Peace, a man who chose medicine as a profession so he could never be forced–in those days of the draft–to carry a rifle and shoot people on orders of the government. Indeed, he is the champion of all the ideas that undergird civilization: freedom, peace, and private property, and learned teacher of Austrian economics, too. He is a man of faith, who worships the Prince of Peace. What an honor to know him. What an honor to acclaim him.
    I haven't donated to him in a long time. That ends today! http://ronpaulinstitute.org/donate-now.aspx

Ron Paul: My Birthday Appeal
    http://www.fitsnews.com/2014/08/20/r...rthday-appeal/
    Dear Friend of Peace and Prosperity,

Today is my birthday, and though it is not polite to ask for a present I am going to make an exception this year. Won’t you please send a gift of support to my Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity? It would mean so much to me and to our cause.

We are fighting the war party, challenging their propaganda at every turn. But we are on the ropes and we need your help – as I write this to you they are trying to lie us into yet another war that could be the end of us all. Our job is to tell the truth and to expose their lies.
    [...]
    Won’t you help me give these merchants of death their deserved comeuppance? Here, your generous donation is tax-deductible, and your dollars do massive good.

There is so much else to do with publications, conferences, student internships, and teaching peace and prosperity. We are making great progress, but a closed sign on the door will strike a fearful blow against our ideas.

Pro-war, pro-Keynesian groups are rolling in money. But because they are fathers of lies, and we have the truth on our side, we do not need to match them.

But we do need your help. Your tax-deductible donation of $50, $100, $250, $500, $1000, or more would be like a rescue squad.

Help me wipe the smirk off the neocons’ faces, and all those who kill for profit, and kill freedom in the process. I am counting on you.
    ETA: Done!

Aug 20, 2014 Payment To Foundation for Rational Economics and Education Completed $50.00 USD
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-20-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Happy Birthday, Dr. Freedom!

I am so glad he was born.
    Me too.

I haven't donated to him in a long time. That ends today!

ETA: Done!

Aug 20, 2014 Payment To Foundation for Rational Economics and Education Completed $50.00 USD

What a great idea Lucille!

Same here, done.

Transaction approved! We thank you for your donation. You should receive an email confirmation shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wonderful quote, LOL

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    rofl..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Happy birthday, Dr. Paul!
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Paul!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    Lets hope for 79 more!
    Heh. He's gonna live forever. One way or the other.

But, yes...Happy Birthday indeed.

I forgot.

Happy Birthday, Dr. Paul!! Wishing you heaps of blessings!

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Happy 79th Ron!

ROFL Tom!

LIBERTY!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Happy Birthday !!

Your # ONE !!!
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

I didn't see Justin's tribute yesterday:

http://antiwar.com/blog/2014/08/19/h...hday-ron-paul/

Ron Paul is 79 today

Libertarians owe him a great debt, one which can never be repaid. Without him, it’s more than likely that our movement would’ve either gone off the rails, succumbing to opportunism of the worst sort, or else slipped into obscurity, never to be seen or heard from again. Thanks to him, neither of those dreadful scenarios occurred.

What happened instead was the almost miraculous growth and development of libertarianism into a viable national movement, with “mainstream” media forced to sit up and take notice. Now we are told we may be approaching the “libertarian moment” — by the New York Times, no less! — and 90 percent of the credit (maybe more!) goes to Ron and the movement he inspired.

But it wasn’t easy. Three presidential campaigns, one under the Libertarian Party banner and two in the GOP primaries, with him travelling all over the country non-stop — a heroic effort for a man of his years. And he looks fabulous: I should only look that good at 79!

His career limns the upward trajectory of the rising libertarian movement, spanning the years when libertarians were totally unknown to the general public — I recall hearing, after telling someone that I was a libertarian, “I didn’t know the librarians had their own party!” — to our present Libertarian Moment. Without him, we may have reached it, eventually — but surely not as soon. And I know many of my readers will agree with me when I say it has come not a moment too soon.

To readers of this web site who may not be libertarians — and there are many — what’s important about Ron and the movement he spawned is the awareness he has brought to the public of the dangers inherent in our interventionist foreign policy. He has stood like a rock, even in the darkest days of the post-9/11 era, when even the staunchest peace advocates hesitated to raise their voices and the War Party was on the march. He stood up to the bully Rudy Giuliani, the has-been NY mayor and failed GOP presidential candidate, who was riding high at the time: he stood firm even as the know-nothings booed him and he told the truth about the gross stupidity and immorality of a foreign policy that has reaped such a whirlwind in the years since that moment. He stood up to the smears of the War Party — and they’re still attacking him. Yet his stature, far from being diminished, only grows. At the age of 79, he is still speaking truth to power.
    More love at the link.
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-21-2014 at 01:18 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I thought Ron was 77? Wow... Time passes quick...