Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Rick Perry turns himself in for mug shot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	2917
    Gov. Rick Perry, R-Texas, turned himself in Tuesday afternoon to be booked and have his mug shot taken at the Travis County Justice Center. The governor was indicted last Friday on two felony counts of abuse of power, which he called "baseless political charges."

"I'm here today because I believe in the rule of law. And I'm here today because I did the right thing," he said as he entered the courthouse. "I'm going to enter this courthouse with my head held high knowing the actions that I took were not only lawful and legal, but right," Perry added, promising promised that he would veto funding for the Travis County-based Public Integrity Unit again if was given the chance.

Continued
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/rick-per...-for-mug-shot/
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Better than Rosemary's.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Pretty badass. His expression says "I got this."

Where's the name plate?

Without it he doesn't look.....criminal.

Tom Delay's mug shot was better.

I wonder if he had to spread his cheeks and squat.

If convicted, Perry could be sentenced to up to 99 years in jail for the abuse of official capacity which is a first-degree felony while coercion of a public servant carries a punishment of two to 10 years.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-19-2014 at 09:14 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    If convicted, Perry could be sentenced to up to 99 years in jail for the abuse of official capacity which is a first-degree felony while coercion of a public servant carries a punishment of two to 10 years.
    Wow, that's insane. You would think that he's suspected of being a serial killer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    He's right, it is a baseless, political attack. He has the right to veto something. It's just like liberals to go after someone for wanting to spend LESS! Heck, why not go after Obama for all his unconstitutional "executive orders." Now that's REALLY abuse of power.

I hope Perry counter sue's their sorry asses.

Can't really stand Perry but this stinks to high heaven. I am afraid if I was a Texan I would be pushing to crush the little democratic worm prosecutor.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by tennman View Post
    He's right, it is a baseless, political attack. He has the right to veto something. It's just like liberals to go after someone for wanting to spend LESS! Heck, why not go after Obama for all his unconstitutional "executive orders." Now that's REALLY abuse of power.

It was a grand jury of Perry's peers that indicted Perry. Try again. Having a constitutional right to veto does not mean you can used it to coerce elected officials to quit their office (sort of like you have a right to use a gun for self defence etc, but you can't use it to threaten people). Try again. Obama and liberals have nothing to do with this. Try again.

LMFAO I just found out that the special prosecutor that set up the grand jury was a REPUBLICAN appointed by a George W. Bush. LMAO!!! And people still think this is somehow a democratic plot? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if he did that tie himself because it looks rather neat.

After this photo, Rick Perry got 1 million emails from lovestruck women. Chicks dig the bad boys.

This is not a mug shot. It is more like a photo op.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, using your gun analogy what Perry did was, the state was handing out carry permits. He used his judgment as governor to decide that someone who was driving drunk at 3x the legal limit probably doesn't have the best judgment to be afforded the the governments free carry permit.

I highly dislike Perry, but this is nothing more then a political witch hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    It was a grand jury of Perry's peers that indicted Perry. Try again. Having a constitutional right to veto does not mean you can used it to coerce elected officials to quit their office (sort of like you have a right to use a gun for self defence etc, but you can't use it to threaten people). Try again. Obama and liberals have nothing to do with this. Try again.

He had little to no chance of gaining the nomination for 2016 but if he beats it I suspect the Republican base are going to rally around him. I doubt he could beat Hillary. It makes me wonder if this is part of the Dems strategy.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

LMFAO I just found out that the special prosecutor that set up the grand jury was a REPUBLICAN appointed by a George W. Bush. LMAO!!! And people still think this is somehow a democratic plot? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

The group that had him indicted is the same group who had Tom DeLay indicted.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He had little to no chance of gaining the nomination for 2016 but if he beats it I suspect the Republican base are going to rally around him. I doubt he could beat Hillary. It makes me wonder if this is part of the Dems strategy.

It took years for DeLay to get through his case and didn't win until appeal. I doubt Perry will run with this pending. Not that he has a snowballs chance in Hell anyway, remembering his gaffes during the last debates.

A grand jury of peers would have been selected from across Texas not a highly democratic district. Let's have a county prosecutor from a county in Utah get an indictment against Obama and see if you are singing the same tone.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

I don't care much for Perry, but from what i'm hearing on this Prosecutor...DUI?...was on some kind of 'special' panel?.., Perry then felt this Prosecutor was morally deficient and derelict in her duties?...is that right?

meh...

My prediction is a Judge will deem this a political stunt from the Prosecutor and dismiss.

to quote 56K...''try again''....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    It took years for DeLay to get through his case and didn't win until appeal. I doubt Perry will run with this pending. Not that he has a snowballs chance in Hell anyway, remembering his gaffes during the last debates.
    I was thinking of it playing out like JK/SEA described above.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    I don't care much for Perry, but from what i'm hearing on this Prosecutor...DUI?...was on some kind of 'special' panel?.., Perry then felt this Prosecutor was morally deficient and derelict in her duties?...is that right?

meh...

My prediction is a Judge will deem this a political stunt from the Prosecutor and dismiss.

to quote 56K...''try again''....

She was 3 times the legal limit and tried to use her office to get out of being booked. She is the DA so her job is prosecuting people who get DUIs. Perry felt she didn't deserve to represent her office I guess.

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/220...rrest-released

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/220...lehmberg-video
    Last edited by Carlybee; 08-20-2014 at 08:31 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennman View Post

What's funny is that if he's found not-guilty, then he's probably gonna veto everything that the DA wants in the future.

"Gov. Perry, can I have a $5 office supply budget so I can get a new pen and—?"

VETOED!!!!!

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-20-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Agreed. Perry had zero support last time.

"Rick Perry 1,764 0.71%"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...blican_primary
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Pretty badass. His expression says "I got this."
    Yes, what a badass he is, managing to look and sound dumber than Sarah Palin, not to mention his advocacy for further intervention in Iraq (If I'm not mistaken, didn't he bash Rand's watered down foreign policy for going too far?).

Regardless of whether or not Perry is innocent on these charges, he should be behind bars for his corporatist policies as governor (one of Merck's top lobbyists was Perry's former chief of staff, influencing Perry's HPV vaccine mandate).

Why do you continue to not only defend Perry but also act as his cheerleader and insist that Rand defend him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	2917
    If anyone has any editing skills, draw a line down Perry's face and and then copy the remaining half to show a complete face. It looks like it may form two complete different facial expressions.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

What he did may be legal, but I still have a hard time considering it ethical.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    Agreed. Perry had zero support last time.

"Rick Perry 1,764 0.71%"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...blican_primary
    That NH stat is meaningless. Ron was #2 look how well that turned out for him. If you also remember, McCain almost had to sell his bus in 2008 before NH and was barely polling until Foxnews effectively campaigned for him non-stop before the NH debates that Ron was shut out of.

You underestimate the idiot Republican voters that fall in lockstep with whomever the media promotes. Prior to this incident it was Perry and now he is being perceived as a victim which is boosting support for him.

Even if Perry receives little support this time around, the large field dilutes support for Rand. The media will be gearing up a slew of name recognition candidates to dilute support for Rand.

Just take a look at the article below which shows the media has not stopped campaigning for Perry.

Texas Abuzz About Possible Perry-Cruz 2016 Battle
    August 28, 2014 11:50 AM
    http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/08/28/t...z-2016-battle/
    AUSTIN, Texas (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Two Texans, one White House. Is the 2016 Republican campaign trail big enough?

After plummeting from prime contender to political punchline three years ago, Gov. Rick Perry has spent months gearing up for a second run. And he’s turned his recent indictment on felony abuse-of-power charges into a campaign rallying cry.

But even as Perry works to convince conservatives that he’ll be better at coping with the national spotlight this time, he’s increasingly bumping up against his state’s junior senator, tea party darling Ted Cruz, whose firebomb approach on Capitol Hill has grassroots activists clamoring for him to make a White House run.
    Last edited by kahless; 08-29-2014 at 05:11 AM.