Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Did Michael Brown Steal Cigars — Or Pay For Them?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    They still give you $#@! in many places,, and demand ID for a sale.

I don't care if he bought them,,stole them,, or argued about the transaction however it went down.
    He was unarmed,, and was shot dead by police.

There is no excuse for the government to shoot an unarmed man. Period.
    If he had already attacked the cop by the car, and was currently bum rushing him, then I would classify that as justified. The suspect was massive. If he reaches the cop, the cop would be done for and the suspect would no longer be unarmed. The standard for cops shouldn't be less strict than the standard for you or I, but it shouldn't be more strict either. If this guy was charging you or me, we'd be justified in killing him. No different for the cop.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    If he had already attacked the cop by the car, and was currently bum rushing him, then I would classify that as justified. The suspect was massive. If he reaches the cop, the cop would be done for and the suspect would no longer be unarmed. The standard for cops shouldn't be less strict than the standard for you or I, but it shouldn't be more strict either. If this guy was charging you or me, we'd be justified in killing him. No different for the cop.
    A whole bunch if ifs .

First off.. the Cop initiated the confrontation. If he gets his ass kicked it is deserved.
    Secondly,, the Cop has other options,, and tools available. And allegedly has training in the use of them.

If, we are going to tolerate Police at all,, they need to be put on a very short leash.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The clerk didn't call 911 because he feared for his life. Probably never even considered pressing charges. What would would be in it for him, except retaliation? Probably hopes to avoid having to testify.
    A store manager, who declined to give his name, said he fears for his life and pleaded with reporters not to suggest that he called police. “It’s very dangerous,” he said. “They kill us if they think we are responsible. People don’t understand that.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...390_story.html
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The fact that he had just robbed the store and the cop didn't know...
    If a 911 call was made about the robbery, most likely the crime was announced over the radio, the cop heard it, and put 2+2 together.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    We know that the cop shot at him while he fled.
    We don't know that at all. The autopsy shows all the shots came from the front. Baden said the shots to the arm could've happened while his arms were raised OR while they were lowered. They were also the earlier shots. We've heard no details of the struggle in the car. If there was a struggle over the gun, perhaps that's how he got shot in the arm a couple times?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    From a logic standpoint, it appears the cop was justifying in discharging the weapon. Killing? We don't know.
    The only time a cop is justified in shooting someone is when he believes he will otherwise be killed himself, and in that case he must shoot to kill - not to wound. It is against the law for a cop to use his gun to wound someone - that only happens on TV/movies. They are not permitted to use bullets like a cattle prod. Be realistic, if that were legal, they could shoot anyone for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    If a picture of the cop shows up showing him beat to hell it changes everything here.
    How long did it take before they released the pictures of George Zimmerman's bloody head, and broken nose? Wasn't it after the trial? I think they hold onto that kind of evidence for the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    The clerk didn't call 911 because he feared for his life. Probably never even considered pressing charges. What would would be in it for him, except retaliation? Probably hopes to avoid having to testify.
    I think I read that they had to use a subpoena to get a copy of the CCTV video. The owners probably feared possible reprisals, it sounds like.

We don't know that at all. The autopsy shows all the shots came from the front.
    Those are just the ones that hit him. That doesn't have anything to do with the shots that the cop fired at him while he fled.

It's also not completely true, since the fatal shot was down into his head from above, from back to front.

The only time a cop is justified in shooting someone is when he believes he will otherwise be killed himself, and in that case he must shoot to kill - not to wound. It is against the law for a cop to use his gun to wound someone - that only happens on TV/movies. They are not permitted to use bullets like a cattle prod. Be realistic, if that were legal, they could shoot anyone for anything!
    They are supposed to shoot to stop, not necessarily to kill.

Granted, as far as where you aim, shooting to stop and shooting to kill are the same thing. But as far as when you stop shooting, they are very different.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those are just the ones that hit him. That doesn't have anything to do with the shots that the cop fired at him while he fled.
    It's also not completely true, since the fatal shot was down into his head from above, from back to front.
    I haven't heard seen anything suggesting that other than from witnesses that were friends of Brown and I don't see then as the most credible. If true, that is illegal.

Badden said one head shot went across the top of his head and would've done damage that made him unconcsious. The other shot was very odd - As I recall, Badden said something like - it entered at the top/front and came out his eye, then went in again at the chin (I think) and exited again, still lower down - leaving 4 visible wounds. Hard to explain - my guess cop had to be above him somehow -or- Brown had put his head down? Maybe he was in the process of falling down? (Not saying I know what happenned, just guessing at possibilities)

I haven't heard seen anything suggesting that other than from witnesses that were friends of Brown and I don't see then as the most credible. If true, that is illegal.
    There was a conversation an eye witness had with another onlooker captured on a Youtube video that I've seen a lot of the cop defenders using as evidence that corroborates the account of Brown charging the cop. But in that same conversation the same person says that the cop first started firing while Brown was fleeing.

The lack of wounds from the back (aside from the fatal one shot down into the top of his head from back to front) doesn't make it any less likely that the cop did fire shots while he was fleeing.

They are supposed to shoot to stop, not necessarily to kill.
    I heard otherwise from a reliable source, but that was a long time ago, before the "war on drugs" got quite so insane, before the "war on terror", even before cops began doing stupid things like DUI checkpoints.

..But in that same conversation the same person says that the cop first started firing while Brown was fleeing.

The lack of wounds from the back (aside from the fatal one shot down into the top of his head from back to front) doesn't make it any less likely that the cop did fire shots while he was fleeing.
    Could be, but that's an incredibly stupid, as well as illegal thing for a cop to do.
    Last edited by Valli6; 08-19-2014 at 12:23 PM.

I heard otherwise from a reliable source, but that was a long time ago, before the "war on drugs" got quite so insane, before the "war on terror", even before cops began doing stupid things like DUI checkpoints.
    If you're talking about the de facto policy that cops follow and are probably instructed to follow, then I agree. But if you're talking about their official position, they can't just go into a trial and expect to get away with saying, "I shot him until he stopped and I was sure he was no longer a threat, but then I shot him again just to make sure he died." They may have roundabout ways of putting essentially the same thing. But they have to express it in terms of a protocol that's not quite that blunt.
    Last edited by erowe1; 08-19-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This is one account that seemed legit, as it was captured right at the scene, by accident. It was very similar to the cop's friends account.
    This Conservative Treehouse transcription nonsense keeps making the rounds on the internet without much critical evaluation. The version is anything but consistent with the anonymous woman on the radio show. It actually raises more questions than it answers:

1. The anonymous woman clearly states that she gets the story from Wilson's significant other, not Wilson himself. If the Conservative Treehouse article can't even get a clear cut fact right, then why would I even continue reading their source?

2. The Conservative Treehouse article acknowledges that technical equipment would be beneficial for transcribing the audio. The transcriber even says, "...my seriously rough attempt at transcription..." In other words, he has no training in audio, transcription, or anything related. In other words, he listened to the video like everyone else and typed what he thought he heard.

3. The transcription is technically done incorrectly. It does not even follow basic rules of transcription. It is, for example, riddled with punctuation errors, potentially changing the meanings and context.

4. The woman's version is chronological and provides clarification. The video is multiple conversations providing no clarification. Video pronouns, for example, are not attached to proper names. The witness phrase "he took it from him" is possibly nonsequential because it is at the end of the transcription. This phrase is virtually meaningless in the context of the video/audio.

5. The final position of Brown's body is in no way indicative of how he is facing when positioned on two feet. The idea that this corroborates anything about being shot in the back/front is forensically ludicrous.

6. The article saying things such as "The eye witness talking on this video describes the exact same scenario" is not even factually correct, let alone the same interpretation. The words Bum-rushing him, let alone Brown running at Wilson, for example, is nowhere to be found in the video.

7. The woman sounds more like a defense attorney for Wilson, as she goes well beyond describing events. For example, she just doesn't talk about Wilson exiting his car and shooting, but how Wilson exiting the car is in compliance with police policy. Again, people are believing an anonymous woman on a radio call in show who is talking about police policy.

This whole article is one lacking facts and professional analysis. The woman's narrative--unlike the video--actually sounds very scripted. THE STORY IS NOT ONLY HEARSAY, IT'S THIRD HAND HEARSAY.

One could choose to believe an anonymous woman relating third hand information, OR, the police could just release Wilson's first hand version of events.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 08-19-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

A whole bunch if ifs .

First off.. the Cop initiated the confrontation. If he gets his ass kicked it is deserved.
    Secondly,, the Cop has other options,, and tools available. And allegedly has training in the use of them.

If, we are going to tolerate Police at all,, they need to be put on a very short leash.
    Indeed, a lot of "ifs" -- but that hasn't stopped the media and the left from creating a narrative that is utterly bereft of facts. Everyone needs to just slow down with this and wait for the facts to be released.

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't see him pull any money out of his pocket and pay for anything. I saw him reach way in over the counter and come back with a bunch of cigars and then drop them all over the floor, pick them up, and while doing so, the clerk came out from behind the counter and approached him.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    It's not a career. It's a duty. Some people just have this inner drive to dedicate their lives to the safety of others.

This inner heroism is why it's so critical that these cops take such high precautions to guard their own life; if they didn't, they'd get killed and then they couldn't be a hero to anybody.
    They shouldn't be cops then because SCOTUS has ruled that cops are not constitutionally bound to protect the citizenry. They are enforcers of the law. Period.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Couple things about the whole stealing cigars from the store.

1.) There was some old black guy saying that the video being released is from a different date, dunno about that.

2.) Perhaps Brown was a regular at the store and had store credit.

3.) Perhaps the dispute was over store credit.

4.) If the store owner did not report a robbery, how can he be accused of robbing the store? No victim no crime.

5.) Yes, Brown pushed the clerk, but the clerk initiated the contact.

6.) I don't believe the "friend" has much credibility. The quote from the friends lawyer just says "he took them". So yeah, he took them. So what? The store didn't report a theft and denying calling the cops about it, saying instead it was someone else in the store that called 9/11.

So, from what I can tell looking at the two videos, listening to what the store had to say, and listening to what the lawyer of the "friend" had to say I don't think there is anything solid and convincing that what I saw and heard was a robbery.

Yes there was a scuffle at the door and it appeared the clerk did successfully get one of the packages back. But, since the store owners aren't willing to discuss this any further, I have to look at this in the most favorable way towards the person being accused of stealing.

I think he probably did pay for some of the stuff he tried to walk out with, but I think he probably tried to tell the clerk that he'd pay him next time he saw him or perhaps later in the day. Or it's possible that there was some kind of arrangement made with a different clerk from a previous day that this clerk was not honoring.

Regardless, the clerk jumped in front of the big guy on his way out of the door and put his hands on the big guy first.

It could even be possible that the big guy was short maybe .10 and give a penny take a penny thing was empty. Maybe this was a new clerk and the big guy was used to the old clerk letting him short change and pay back later when he got some pocket change.

We don't know cause the store thinks it is better for their business to not try to go after a guy over pocket change. They'd rather maintain their relationship with the community by not reporting a theft of $0.50 especially when it's likely the big guy would be back later to buy more stuff and perhaps pay back the store credit.

Maybe the clerk was having a bad day and offensive words were exchanged. Who knows, the store clerk and owners don't want to be in the middle of it.

I doubt that the big guy walked out of there worried about getting caught for stealing $0.50 worth of stuff.

I think the whole robbery/strong armed robbery thing is more of an attack and justification on the guys character.

I believe the cop pulled up on the pair cause they were jaywalking. At some point close to the vehicle, the cop and the big guy made contact. At some point, the big guy made it 10-15 yards away from the cop car and ended up face down in the street.

Also, one other thing. Looking at the preliminary autopsy report, all of the wounds are on the front side of the body. INCLUDING the wounds to the arms.

The arm wounds are on the inside of the arms, which would be consistent with the big guy having his hands UP in the air.

The candid recording that supports the claim that the big guy was running at the cop ALSO says that the cops was missing him with the gun fire. ALSO, that same witness says when the big guy turned around, the GUN WAS ALREADY DRAWN.

SO, the big guy tried to run away, the cop jumped out of his car weapon drawn and began firing at the big guy while the big guy's back was turned missing a couple of times. The big guy stops in his tracks at the sound of gun fire and turns with his hands up to surrender. The big guy gets hit a couple times in the arm and THEN realizing his only chance for survival is to disarm the cop begins running towards the cop. The cop continues firing and finally lands a kill shot.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post

1.) There was some old black guy saying that the video being released is from a different date, dunno about that.

4.) If the store owner did not report a robbery, how can he be accused of robbing the store? No victim no crime.

6.) I don't believe the "friend" has much credibility. The quote from the friends lawyer just says "he took them". So yeah, he took them. So what? The store didn't report a theft and denying calling the cops about it, saying instead it was someone else in the store that called 9/11.

So, from what I can tell looking at the two videos, listening to what the store had to say, and listening to what the lawyer of the "friend" had to say I don't think there is anything solid and convincing that what I saw and heard was a robbery.

Yes there was a scuffle at the door and it appeared the clerk did successfully get one of the packages back. But, since the store owners aren't willing to discuss this any further, I have to look at this in the most favorable way towards the person being accused of stealing.

I think he probably did pay for some of the stuff he tried to walk out with, but I think he probably tried to tell the clerk that he'd pay him next time he saw him or perhaps later in the day. Or it's possible that there was some kind of arrangement made with a different clerk from a previous day that this clerk was not honoring.

Regardless, the clerk jumped in front of the big guy on his way out of the door and put his hands on the big guy first.

It could even be possible that the big guy was short maybe .10 and give a penny take a penny thing was empty. Maybe this was a new clerk and the big guy was used to the old clerk letting him short change and pay back later when he got some pocket change.

We don't know cause the store thinks it is better for their business to not try to go after a guy over pocket change. They'd rather maintain their relationship with the community by not reporting a theft of $0.50 especially when it's likely the big guy would be back later to buy more stuff and perhaps pay back the store credit.

Maybe the clerk was having a bad day and offensive words were exchanged. Who knows, the store clerk and owners don't want to be in the middle of it.

I doubt that the big guy walked out of there worried about getting caught for stealing $0.50 worth of stuff.

I think the whole robbery/strong armed robbery thing is more of an attack and justification on the guys character.

I believe the cop pulled up on the pair cause they were jaywalking. At some point close to the vehicle, the cop and the big guy made contact. At some point, the big guy made it 10-15 yards away from the cop car and ended up face down in the street.

Also, one other thing. Looking at the preliminary autopsy report, all of the wounds are on the front side of the body. INCLUDING the wounds to the arms.

The arm wounds are on the inside of the arms, which would be consistent with the big guy having his hands UP in the air.

The candid recording that supports the claim that the big guy was running at the cop ALSO says that the cops was missing him with the gun fire. ALSO, that same witness says when the big guy turned around, the GUN WAS ALREADY DRAWN.

SO, the big guy tried to run away, the cop jumped out of his car weapon drawn and began firing at the big guy while the big guy's back was turned missing a couple of times. The big guy stops in his tracks at the sound of gun fire and turns with his hands up to surrender. The big guy gets hit a couple times in the arm and THEN realizing his only chance for survival is to disarm the cop begins running towards the cop. The cop continues firing and finally lands a kill shot.
    I'm gonna have to say this is a very well thought out scenario of possibilities. Many things to consider that have not been. +rep.

someone posted a video of MB's friend explaining what happened, then removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    This Conservative Treehouse transcription nonsense keeps making the rounds on the internet without much critical evaluation.
    Rest assured, it will probably get "expert" evaluation from both prosecution and defense if it comes to that.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post

This is a lot of nuance that will be lost on most Americans. It's already lost on many here. I thought the whole video required more explanation than someone who just picked up an item and walked out the door.

I wondered why Brown did not run home or away after "stealing" cigars. He did not seem to be in a hurry walking from the store. He did not make a run for it when Wilson first pulled up. Was he ever really concerned about it, or did Wilson aggressively open a car door on Brown, prompting Brown to instinctively push it back on Wilson? Was the incident just about somebody lipping a cop? We've seen Labrador pups shot, grandma tazed, and people shot for a whole lot less. I don't see how it's so unbelievable that the cop just shot Brown with the same mentality a cop has when shooting these barking dogs.

The popular narrative seems to be that Brown must have slugged or hit Wilson to cause some eye damage. A slamming door pushed back could have done the same damage.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I don't know if this is true, just saw this :

https://www.facebook.com/1007TheViper

***BREAKING NEWS***
    Remember, you saw it and heard it here first. We have heard (from a VERY connected national media source) that Ferguson officer Darren Wilson will be cleared in the shooting of Michael Brown.

The key: Dorian Johnson has now admitted that Michael Brown attacked Officer Wilson and attempted to take his gun. OFFICER WILSON WILL NOT BE CHARGED! This is scary. When this news is made official, we all have reason to be concerned about the reaction.

Feds are concerned that the local prosecutor is biased towards the police:

(CNN) -- While protesters in Ferguson, Missouri, are demanding justice for the killing of Michael Brown by police, questions are being asked about the man who at the moment is responsible for pursuing any prosecution and whether he can be impartial.

Some residents and community leaders contend St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch has deep ties to the police and has favored law enforcement in criminal cases.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/us/fer...och/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    I don't know if this is true, just saw this :

https://www.facebook.com/1007TheViper
    Officer is heading to grand jury
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The video of him taking what he wants and then physically pushing the store keeping indicates the individual does not operate within the realm of what normal people do regardless of color. Eyewitness accounts caught on tape immediately after the shooting (I find it appalling people who weren't there using the word execution) corroborate the officers account that all 300 lbs. of Mr. brown was charging him at the time his gun was discharged.

I don't doubt that there are instances of cops using excessive force but in this instance it does a grave disservice to true justice to characterize this as a saintly, young individual minding his own business gunned down for no reason. I would think those who want to improve the lot of the black community would have a little more intelligence and due diligence than to use this specific case as their catalyst for positive change. This whole fiasco just makes the push for color-blind justice look ridiculous and completely lacking credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    The video of him taking what he wants and then physically pushing the store keeping indicates the individual does not operate within the realm of what normal people do regardless of color. Eyewitness accounts caught on tape immediately after the shooting (I find it appalling people who weren't there using the word execution) corroborate the officers account that all 300 lbs. of Mr. brown was charging him at the time his gun was discharged.

I don't doubt that there are instances of cops using excessive force but in this instance it does a grave disservice to true justice to characterize this as a saintly, young individual minding his own business gunned down for no reason. I would think those who want to improve the lot of the black community would have a little more intelligence and due diligence than to use this specific case as their catalyst for positive change. This whole fiasco just makes the push for color-blind justice look ridiculous and completely lacking credibility.
    Thank you for weighing in. Many here have been waiting for your expert analysis. We truly flounder about until you make one of your rare appearances and set us straight.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-19-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    Officer is heading to grand jury
    I wonder what the jury of *peers* will be comprised of.

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Eyewitness accounts caught on tape immediately after the shooting...corroborate the officers account that...Mr. brown was charging him at the time his gun was discharged.
    There is no evidence of that in the video, even in the amateur transcription that was made by a person with no skill in transcription.

Wilson's account has also not even been released.

The whole thing about Brown charging Wilson was an account from an anonymous woman on a radio call in show. The woman said she got the story from Wilson's significant other.

We know that the cop shot at him while he fled. There is nothing that could justify that. I don't know if Brown subsequently charged a cop who had a gun pointed at him that he had already started firing, or did something that could have made it look like he was charging him, but I highly doubt that he did. And, even if he did, that could have been avoided by letting him run away, rather than shooting at him while he fled.
    There's no evidence that the cop shot at him when he fled. The evidence shows that the cop shot him 6 times from the front.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    There's no evidence that the cop shot at him when he fled.
    Yes, there is evidence. Eyewitness Tiffany Mitchell said the Wilson was shooting at Brown as Brown was running.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    I think the timing of releasing the video was questionable, but I don't question that he stole the cigars and got violent with the clerk. It's on video. I don't know whether I should condemn the cops for gunning him down, I've heard several different versions and I doubt that a government employee will give anyone the genuine version.
    But there's more to that as well. I don't think they went to the store with the INTENT to steal, otherwise it makes no sense that Johnson put his back on the counter. The witness who called the police said that the clerk told Brown "you need to pay for those" when he handed them to his friend. Seems like that comment is what ticked him off and set off the rest. So the clerk stereotyped and here we are.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

There is no excuse for the government to shoot an unarmed man. Period.
    It's wrong for the cops to shoot an unarmed man when the man runs at them and tries to attack them? They don't have the right to defend themselves? I don't know what happened for sure, since there are conflicting reports. I'm still undecided on all of this. But if Brown actually charged at the cops as is being reported now, the police officer was absolutely justified in shooting him.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast