Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New video from last night - #Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

The long-term effects of tear gas on people have barely been studied and are essentially unknown.

-t
    You can build up resistance to it. (that is painful though)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Baking soda and water works just as well and a $1 boxof soda would probably mix up 4 or 5 gallons of solution, and it is not sticky and probably not near as messy. In fact it could be carried in a water bottle and poured on the face immediately stopping much of the effect. Might try it in a nose spray bottle too. My experiance is with bear spray in Alaska. Same thing, bear spray may be a little stronger.

the cop reaches around to squirt me square in the eyes with mace.
    I'm stumbling around near blind in a dry dusty baseball field with no water anywhere....suddenly someone is trying to stuff a burning or smoldering newspaper in my face.
    I kept trying to pull away...like 'are you crazy?' but they kept this smoke in my face until my eyes watered up and then i could suddenly see again.

The guy with the newspaper was a student from Chile. He was there when they finally brought down Gen. Pinochet... he explained that was what they did when they had no other means of cleaning your eyes when the police are using CS gas.
    Simple idea when you have to use what you can.

use barrier creme to keep tear gas and pepper spray off skin rub into scalp face and hands let dry effective against serious hair dye should do the trick here too cant hurt is cheap and mechanics use similar to keep grease out of pores of hands etc it is one mroe layer between you and the spray. If you wear contacts do not wear the wear glasses instead or eye protection spray in eyes with contacts = much more pain & damage. Common error. And remember that cotton clothing will absorb the spray and hold it against the skin try to wear clothes that will not act as sponge for the spray but man made weatherproof fibbers. Also secure doors of car if parked anywhere near cops use pepper spray on car seats and it really really hurts let me tell you .. I know.

Another form of defense is to not only wear goggles but apply vaseline to your face and exposed skin.

IMO something to stop Taser use or effectiveness may be needed...ground wires?

I've looked into this: There are mesh t-shirts that will defeat this but it's actually as simple as aluminum foil and possibly mylar taped into clothing. Honestly, I'd go with aluminum foil because it's a much better conductor. Tape it into clothing everywhere (which doubles as a good warmth insulator) and you'll have a shield that will short out the leads before they ever get to the skin and can actually destroy the taser's electronics. Duct tape + aluminum foil = $1000 of police unhappiness. I assume when their tasers start self destructing they'll stop using them. Pass it along.

you can get metal-backed tape at any hardware store - used for metal ductwork.

-t

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In USMC Basic Training they have to go into the gas chamber and take off their masks.

A friend of mine who did it said he thought he was going to die. You can get the video of yourself when you graduate, too.

The video above doesn't show it, but afterwards, they go outside and walk in a circle with their arms out for a while. That is when they are all blowing snot.
    Last edited by CPUd; 08-19-2014 at 10:12 PM.

V directs traffic

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    In USMC Basic Training they have to go into the gas chamber and take off their masks.

Army does too,, as well as some live surprise attacks. It was often used in various training scenarios back in the early 70s.

I have been dosed fairly heavily in that. (had a Sgt rip my mask off in a cloud) I got a bit of resistance.. I could smell faint trace in the air before anyone else (and give warning) and it had a lessor effect on me.

The gas chamber is many folks first experience. You can feel it burning your skin before the mask comes off.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12