Thread: Sir Yogi de Berra

Sir Yogi de Berra

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.
    Yogi Berra

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six.
    Yogi Berra

It gets late early out there. -Yogi Berra
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I never said most of the things I said. - Yogi Berra
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

The Future ain't what it used to be.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
    Yogi Berra

"Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets."
    We believe our lying eyes...

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.
    Yogi Berra

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Always go to other people's funerals. Otherwise, they won't come to yours.

I knew the record would stand until it was broken. - Yogi Berra

'There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell them.'

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
    Yogi Berra

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.
    Yogi Berra

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
    Yogi Berra

A lot of guys go, 'Hey, Yog, say a Yogi-ism.' I tell 'em, 'I don't know any.' They want me to make one up. I don't make 'em up. I don't even know when I say it. They're the truth. And it is the truth. I don't know.
    Yogi Berra

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.
    Yogi Berra

Deja vu, all over again.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you come to a fork in the road, take it.
    Yogi Berra

You can observe a lot by just watching.
    Yogi Berra

It ain't the heat; it's the humility - Yogi
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.
    Yogi Berra

I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question.
    Yogi Berra

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
    Yogi Berra

If the world were perfect, it wouldn't be.
    Yogi Berra

I usually take a two-hour nap from one to four.
    Yogi Berra

If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer.
    Yogi Berra

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If the people don't want to come out to the ballpark, nobody's going to stop them.
    Yogi Berra

The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase.
    Yogi Berra

Pair up in threes.
    Yogi Berra

If I didn't make it in baseball, I won't have made it workin'. I didn't like to work.
    Yogi Berra

Yogi Berra is one of those old men who once he has acquired your ear will not relinquish it until you, the prisoner, conjure up some phony excuse for taking leave. Rumor has it that Yogi is constantly on the premises of Yankee stadium in the on-season (often refusing to go home) and can be found beckoning over passer-bys of whom he desires to dispense some of his proverbial wisdom unto. The wise man will not hesitate to ignore him and marches onward.

Quote Originally Posted by dulci View Post
    Yogi Berra is one of those old men who once he has acquired your ear will not relinquish it until you, the prisoner, conjure up some phony excuse for taking leave. Rumor has it that Yogi is constantly on the premises of Yankee stadium in the on-season (often refusing to go home) and can be found beckoning over passer-bys of whom he desires to dispense some of his proverbial wisdom unto. The wise man will not hesitate to ignore him and marches onward.
    You speaking from personal experience, or are you quoting someone in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You speaking from personal experience, or are you quoting someone in particular?
    Actually I was just being silly there. I made that up and it can rightly be accounted as slander