Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Displaced DP Members

I have always been here and there. Will be happy to talk to people here or there, thick or thin skinned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownuser View Post
    I've actually been here a little while. But I tend to spend more time at the DP. Only because for some reason I feel it's easier to navigate.
    The most important thing to know for navigating the site is the New Posts button, without that you are going to have a very difficult time. But I think you already know about that.

Beyond that I do think the site could be improved by simplifying the main index page and cutting down on a few of the subforums which I believe are redundant, a little bit confusing, and not used very much. Is this some of what you are referring to perhaps? Would be interested to hear if you have suggestions.
    Last edited by jct74; 08-18-2014 at 07:02 PM.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Daily Paul Needs Your Help: Summer 2014 Fundraiser Day 9 - 83% Complete!
    http://www.dailypaul.com/324088/dail...014-fundraiser

It looks like the DP fundraiser is going well, does anyone know if Michael Nystrom is planning on keeping it going if they reach their fundraising goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The Daily Paul Needs Your Help: Summer 2014 Fundraiser Day 9 - 83% Complete!
    http://www.dailypaul.com/324088/dail...014-fundraiser

It looks like the DP fundraiser is going well, does anyone know if Michael Nystrom is planning on keeping it going if they reach their fundraising goal?
    He is kind of tired of running the site, but he is acting more open to keeping it up now, after everyone there was so upset. He might hand it over, or partially hand it over to someone else. There is no telling. He's a good guy, but he doesn't exactly fit in very well on his own site
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    He is kind of tired of running the site, but he is acting more open to keeping it up now, after everyone there was so upset. He might hand it over, or partially hand it over to someone else. There is no telling. He's a good guy, but he doesn't exactly fit in very well on his own site
    I can understand that, I hope he figures out a way to keep it open and stay sane. He's talking about updating the site and shutting it down, I was just confused.

I can understand that, I hope he figures out a way to keep it open and stay sane. He's talking about updating the site and shutting it down, I was just confused.
    Live fast, die young, and most of all, leave a good looking corpse. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

He is too, it's his baby, he loves it and hates it. And his users love it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Bump for any Daily Paulers making their way over here for the first time today. Or maybe you've had an account for a while but never bothered posting with it much before, mostly at DP. Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Latest news is the Daily Paul may be closing soon, although I've heard this a couple times before and it never came to pass.

http://www.dailypaul.com/331807/fina...ul-open-thread
    Last edited by jct74; 01-09-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Latest news is the Daily Paul may be closing soon, although I've heard this a couple times before and it never came to pass.
    So it's no news, but that still doesn't mean it's good news?

Hello there unknownuser
    d

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    Hello there unknownuser
    d
    Hasn't logged in since before Thanksgiving. Hope we didn't scare the anonymous one off.

Hope we don't scare you off. Welcome.

Bump for any Daily Paulers making their way over here for the first time today. Or maybe you've had an account for a while but never bothered posting with it much before, mostly at DP. Feel free to introduce yourself here.

http://www.dailypaul.com/331807/fina...ul-open-thread
    It would be a shame if all those emails, contacts and content would be lost. Is Bryan considering purchase of Daily Paul maybe? Maybe post a thread inviting people here... something...
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    Hello there unknownuser
    d
    Hey! It's a party now!

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Hasn't logged in since before Thanksgiving. Hope we didn't scare the anonymous one off.

Hope we don't scare you off. Welcome.
    I still lurk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    It would be a shame if all those emails, contacts and content would be lost. Is Bryan considering purchase of Daily Paul maybe? Maybe post a thread inviting people here... something...
    From what I can tell, Nystrom doesn't want to sell it and doesn't want to keep it going. Also from what I can tell is that it seems he doesn't support Rand and that's the main reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    From what I can tell, Nystrom doesn't want to sell it and doesn't want to keep it going. Also from what I can tell is that it seems he doesn't support Rand and that's the main reason for it.
    It's a shame but it will be good to have a place to rally for Rand during the campaign season.

That's my understanding as well, and I find it pretty damn infuriating.

Hi, this is TwelveOhOne from DailyPaul.com. I hope that site never closes but the writing is starting to bleed on the wall, so like Eddy Murphy I will listen when they scream "getttt ouuuuutttt!" 1/2

Even if it's a house that we largely helped to create. Not myself personally, I'm thinking more of fishyculture, emalvini, go213mph, PHREEDOM, The South, AnCapMercenary, and many many others who regularly ("Daily!!") brought news to the site that Michael had at one point started, and is now choosing to blow up.

I am saddened that the house I have lived in for a few years is to be demolished. But if it is, I'm glad to be able to join my existing friends here, and make new ones as well!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thats strange i registered here a long long time ago. I logged on a couple times and forgot my password. I also moved after that and changed email addresses (which i forgot the old one). That made it pretty hard to get in and find out my password that i forgot lol. So i come over to make a new account using my dp name of course i had already ised it last time. And like a light bulb going off i remembered my password i type it in and bam im in. Thats just crazy but here i am or should i say i've been? Hehehehe

I got account there too (dont visit but...) and I get it but someone should at least try and see if some sort of a deal can be reached. It would really be a shame if all of it would just disappear.

FREE MARKET HATES WASTE.

P.s.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    That's my understanding as well, and I find it pretty damn infuriating.
    took the words out of my mouth.

It's good to see a few names I recognize this side of the jump. Finally rediscovered my password, now to re-remember how anything else works

Quote Originally Posted by TwelveOhOne View Post
    Hi, this is TwelveOhOne from DailyPaul.com. I hope that site never closes but the writing is starting to bleed on the wall, so like Eddy Murphy I will listen when they scream "getttt ouuuuutttt!" 1/2

Even if it's a house that we largely helped to create. Not myself personally, I'm thinking more of fishyculture, emalvini, go213mph, PHREEDOM, The South, AnCapMercenary, and many many others who regularly ("Daily!!") brought news to the site that Michael had at one point started, and is now choosing to blow up.

I am saddened that the house I have lived in for a few years is to be demolished. But if it is, I'm glad to be able to join my existing friends here, and make new ones as well!
    Welcome! Glad to see you here! Have you figured out how to use this place yet? That was and still is the hardest part for me. If you have any questions, just ask some of the elders here. They're a little weird but they're friendly. Good luck friend, hope you find comfort being here.

Quote Originally Posted by true_believer View Post
    Thats strange i registered here a long long time ago. I logged on a couple times and forgot my password. I also moved after that and changed email addresses (which i forgot the old one). That made it pretty hard to get in and find out my password that i forgot lol. So i come over to make a new account using my dp name of course i had already ised it last time. And like a light bulb going off i remembered my password i type it in and bam im in. Thats just crazy but here i am or should i say i've been? Hehehehe
    Welcome! Good to see you here! I don't think we've exchanged much at the DP but it's always good to see a familiar "face".

Welcome! Glad to see you here! Have you figured out how to use this place yet? That was and still is the hardest part for me.
    If you have any suggestions about how the forum could be better organized, such as by making it simpler or something like that, there is an active thread about upcoming changes that will be made, so feel free to state your opinion:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ut-Adjustments

This thread is a good spot to try this, I suppose. There seems to be a market for it.

The New Posts button is a good thing to find. You don't get as much information there as you do by going in through the subforums, like you don't get to see if a thread is rated (much less how many stars it gets) but it shows you what you haven't seen yet from every subforum on the board.

When posting new threads, please take a moment to look over the list of subforums and pick the right one to post in. For that menu, click Ron on the banner at the top of the page. Don't be insulted if the mods move it later. It makes them feel useful, so humor them. But before posting, please do search and see if something has already been posted on the specific topic before. But be forewarned, the search function sucks really, really hard. Best bet is to take the most unusual word in the article you want to post, like someone's name, and search for that. The box by the little magnifying glass searches the whole board; if you want to search a specific thread, speed things up by going there and clicking 'Search (this) Thread'.

In the bottom left corner of each post are a six pointed star and a triangle. The triangle is for reporting spammers, insults, inflammatory behavior and the like. Only the mods see those. The star is the reputation button. You can use that to either give someone strokes or slap them upside the head. You can see your reputation received, your total and the strength at which you build up the rep score of others by clicking 'Settings' at the top of the page. At first, getting + reps just gives you little green pips under your user name. Once you have all eleven of those, you start building up muscle.

That is the page where you set up signatures and avatars, and is a handy place to go to get at the private message system. There are certain things you can only do if you pay for membership, like use a big gif file for an avatar or upload (as opposed to linking to) pics. There are certain other things you can't do until you make 100 posts, and graduate out of 'New Member' status.

If you want to look at your profile, use the public messaging system, find threads you started or posts you made, or a few other useful functions, click on your user name just to the left of the Settings button. The notifications button will turn red if you have any news, like reputation received, or public or private messages. Click on it when it's red and it will tell you what's new, and give you a chance to look at it. Most anything that's blue can be clicked--including usernames (clicking will allow you to visit their profile or a few other options), and thread titles (in forum menus, new posts, the rep system and elsewhere, sometimes you go to the OP and sometimes you go to a specific post). There are also little blue double arrow icons at the top of each quoted post which will take you to that post and the thread it originally appeared in. For example, you may find the threads quoted in my signature interesting, so give it a try. If there is no little blue double arrow icon, what is quoted is not another forum post (or whoever quoted that post mucked up the code).

You can change the wording of a quote. This is considered very rude unless you highlight the changes and note the fact (or you're just editing for length). FTFY stands for Fixed That For You, indicates a tongue-in-cheek 'clarification' of a quote.

The bottom right icon on each post is the multi-quote function. If you want to respond to two or more posts in one thread, click on those until you get to the last one, then click 'Reply with quote'. The system likes to throw you out when you're composing a long message. If it gives you a 'refresh and try again' message, copy your text first so you can paste it. If it throws you out and makes everything you just typed disappear too, it'll take you to a special login screen. That's good news; just log in.

I think that's enough to get you started. People are pretty good at answering questions with only a little snark around the edges mostly, so don't be shy to open your mouth and leave no doubt you're an idiot!

They're a little weird but they're friendly.
    Smile when you say that, tenderfoot!
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-10-2015 at 02:14 PM.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like I said...the folks here are a little weird but most are friendly and willing to help.

If you have any suggestions about how the forum could be better organized, such as by making it simpler or something like that, there is an active thread about upcoming changes that will be made, so feel free to state your opinion:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ut-Adjustments
    First suggestion, more smileys!

I've been on both forums for years. I lurked for about a year at the DP because I just couldn't understand the layout at first. After I figured it out it became second nature and I probably posted there more than here. I guess there's only going to be one pub to hang at now...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    I've been on both forums for years. I lurked for about a year at the DP because I just couldn't understand the layout at first. After I figured it out it became second nature and I probably posted there more than here. I guess there's only going to be one pub to hang at now...
    Sounds like the Mike Nystrom doesn't know what he wants. I'm personally tired of the drama. Shame on him for posting a thread like that to get everyone in a panic. Shame on him.

http://www.dailypaul.com/comment/3545077

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast