Thread: Giffords, Kelly's gun control group now pushing temporary gun confiscation

Giffords, Kelly's gun control group now pushing temporary gun confiscation

by AWR HAWKINS 15 Aug 2014

The report was issued in conjunction with the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

According to the Arizona Republic, Giffords and her husband found the "rational middle ground" in the new report.

The report begins with the fairly innocuous idea of to removing "loopholes" where they exist between states and the federal government regarding information on the mentally ill. But after that, the focus turns to confiscation:

Idea Two: "Authorize law enforcement to remove access to guns, with court oversight and plenty of protections to prevent abuse of this authority." The owner of the guns would "only" get them back once he or she was "no longer a danger to themselves or others."

Idea Three: "Require schools, including colleges and universities, to report violent or suicidal people to a court or administrating agency." These people would also have their firearms confiscated, but "could regain their firearms access...after a certain period of time."

Idea Four: "Allow courts to issue 'Gun Violence Restraining Orders.'" These result in temporary gun confiscation.

Idea Five: "Temporarily ban those who have been involuntarily hospitalized from purchasing or possessing firearms."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...n-Confiscation
    Last edited by jct74; 08-16-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: fix link
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Kellys make me sick. That dumb broad put herself and everyone else at risk that day playing woman of the people at a supermarket. She had been getting threats, and didn't have a security team in place. SHE got people killed by ignoring those threats. I can't believe no one sued her.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Claire Wolfe:

Opportunities for monkeywrenching have sadly diminished in this age of omni-surveillance and can’t-take-a-joke fearmongering. But all is not lost!

John Richardson over at No Lawyers — Only Guns and Money, had an irresistible monkeywrench land right in his email box. And you, too, can take advantage of it without risk. (Until the antis figure out what’s happening, anyhow.)

Go. Check it out. Cost some sanctimonious (and law-breaking) antigunners some of their government-earned cash.
    http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com...ome-money.html

I got an email the other day from Mark Kelly (aka Mr. Gabby Giffords) offering me a copy of the new book that he and Giffords just wrote.

Gabby and Mark wrote a new book that's coming out at the end of this month. It's called Enough, and it's about why they are working to keep America safe from gun violence.

We know that some people might contribute less than the book costs, and that's OK.
    I took them at their word. While I tried to contribute what the book was worth - $0.01 - it wouldn't let me. However, it did let me contribute a mere buck.

The way I figure it the cost of postage using Media Mail is at least $2.69. The book which has a MSRP of $25 and is selling for $18.63 on Amazon must cost them at least $5 a copy.

Thus, for an investment of $1, I'm costing Americans for Responsible Solutions a minimum of $7.69. That is a net $6.69 that can't be used to take away my civil rights.
    You could use it for target practice! One could send it back to them after, but knowing the paranoid IIC, they'd take it as a threat.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock