Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looting Resumes In Ferguson; Local Police Ordered To Stand Down

Looting Resumes In Ferguson; Local Police Ordered To Stand Down

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/16/2014 09:36 -0400

After a day of relative peace, things turned ugly again in Ferguson when shortly after midnight crowds again resorted to looting and vandalism in multiple businesses along West Florissant Ave with the focal point being the QuikTrip convenience store which Mike Brown allegedly robbed. The incidents seemed to gather steam after 12:00am.

According to KTVI, at least 200 St. Louis County Police officers were on scene and helping handle the situation. They confirm the Domino’s Pizza on West Florissant was set fire and burned. They also confirm multiple businesses vandalized and looted. But the shocker happened when county Police told Fox 2 News that its officers were at the Ferguson Market earlier when looters showed up, but were ordered to “Stand down” by Missouri State Highway Patrol incident commanders at the scene and basically withdrew and allowed the looters to have their way with the store.

(This is the same MO they used last time, let the looters do their dirty business then crack down on people protesting instead. Something smells bad about this whole thing.)

continued...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...red-stand-down
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol... Am I the only one who read the title and thought that they started to steal "resumes"? Maybe to help them on job applications? lol.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

interesting how one cop managed to get his brothers in blue all this overtime.

They probably have drones filming everything. Those things have tremendous capability to zoom in (day or night) and, of course, are networked with facial recognition data. Heh. The funny thing is that they are probably synced up with their own phones. Idiots. You don't need physical bodies to police them. Let them go ape$#@! and they'll do themselves in.

Why does it have to go from doing nothing to shooting at people.Instead of giving the police surplus military gear because you are buying so much equipment that you don't need stop buying what you don't need and start buying what you do need.This is how a riot cop should be equipped like

Put them in a line with a few water cannons if needed and disperse the crowd with tear gas.There will be a few people who will get hurt but at least no one will be dead.

This is how you handle a riot and looters. Police are not needed.

This is also why gun control is counter-productive.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

the focal point being the QuikTrip convenience store which Mike Brown allegedly robbed.
    Can anyone offer clarification? Was it the QT that he robbed or another store? I thought it was another store because the Wilson incident report said that Brown was spotted walking northbound towards the QT. Why would he be walking back towards the store he had just robbed?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Can anyone offer clarification? Was it the QT that he robbed or another store? I thought it was another store because the Wilson incident report said that Brown was spotted walking northbound towards the QT. Why would he be walking back towards the store he had just robbed?
    One of many contradictions in the alleged facts we've been fed.

I say he didn't rob a QT because Tulsa is the home of that corporation and I've spent my whole life visiting them, and the interior layout of that store bears no resemblance to the generation of standard QT building that was burned, and bears no resemblance to any other QT I've ever seen.

For what that's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm confused. I thought they torched the Quik Trip the first night? So, is this a 2nd one?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    One of many contradictions in the alleged facts we've been fed.

I say he didn't rob a QT because Tulsa is the home of that corporation and I've spent my whole life visiting them, and the interior layout of that store bears no resemblance to the generation of standard QT building that was burned, and bears no resemblance to any other QT I've ever seen.

For what that's worth.
    Yeah, it didn't seem like a corporate store to me. More like an independent. I'm going to say that "Tyler Durden" doesn't have the facts straight on this one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I'm confused. I thought they torched the Quik Trip the first night? So, is this a 2nd one?
    They say Quik Trip but the store he strongarmed some smelly cigarillos from does not appear to be a Quik Trip. I've seen the interior of that standard store design roughly a million times, and it bears no resemblance whatever to the interior from those surveillance videos.

I think that report might be halfway accurate if they said, '...at the convenience store he allegedly robbed...'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

We probably really shouldn't underestimate the power of several dozen prominently display "LOOTERS, ARSONISTS AND RIOTERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!" threat signs, with the associated promised follow through actions. I'd predict that things would then start to quiet down pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 08-16-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    We probably really shouldn't underestimate the power of several dozen prominently display "LOOTERS, ARSONISTS AND RIOTERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!" threat signs, with the associated promised follow through actions. I'd predict that things would then start to quiet down pretty quickly.
    I'd predict that you'd see the whole country in flames in two weeks with that approach.

If the police wouldn't be so stupidly aggressive and have snipers aiming at peaceful protesters, firing rubber bullets indiscriminately, and other such nonsense, then most of the people there would probably welcome having them target the looters, set up perimeters around stores, etc.

St. Louis County SWAT was pointing weapons at people in the daytime who were just there peacefully protesting -- I can't imagine why people might have a problem with that.

He robbed Ferguson Market & Liquor.It was confusing early on when some said he robbed QT and other reports said that they took of in the direction of QT after the robbery.I don't know how that meme got started but it stuck.
    Ferguson Market & Liquor got looted last night.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    He robbed Ferguson Market & Liquor.It was confusing early on when some said he robbed QT and other reports said that they took of in the direction of QT after the robbery.I don't know how that meme got started but it stuck.
    Ferguson Market & Liquor got looted last night.
    +rep. This is what I was thinking.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post

St. Louis County SWAT was pointing weapons at people in the daytime who were just there peacefully protesting -- I can't imagine why people might have a problem with that.
    The ingrates. They should have felt all warm and protected like a fetus in a womb.

But the shocker happened when county Police told Fox 2 News that its officers were at the Ferguson Market earlier when looters showed up, but were ordered to “Stand down” by Missouri State Highway Patrol incident commanders at the scene and basically withdrew and allowed the looters to have their way with the store.
    SMH

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    If the police wouldn't be so stupidly aggressive and have snipers aiming at peaceful protesters, firing rubber bullets indiscriminately, and other such nonsense, then most of the people there would probably welcome having them target the looters, set up perimeters around stores, etc.

Yep.

Reason interviewed a few people there and they said they supported the looters since the situation wouldn't have gotten any media attention otherwise.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/16/vi...act-to-michael

Most saw little reason that the new information should dampen their outrage towards the police, and some even justified the destruction of private property as necessary and effective in garnering attention for their cause.
    Negative attention. They lost a lot of support over it. "Not the hill to die on, blah blah blah..."

Well, they have the attention of the nation now, yet the looting and destruction of private property continues.
    Last edited by Lucille; 08-16-2014 at 12:15 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

The ingrates. They should have felt all warm and protected like a fetus in a womb.
    Oh, I also forgot other things that created ill will, like SWAT intentionally targeting news crews with tear gas, arresting journalists and slamming them around while screaming "stop resisting", arresting people who were just standing around, etc.

In many respects this thing was as much a "police riot" as it was anything else. They thought taking out St Louis count SWAT and taking a gentler approach would change things, but people aren't going to forget that early on peaceful protesters were targeted while looters were allowed to do their thing.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-16-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Well,...to sum up.

*This* libertarian believe that looters deserve any misfortune that comes their way from anyone who decides to give it to them.

Riots aren't the time to attempt to push a political agenda which calls for limiting the power of the police.

I also think that it's a bad strategy for libertarians to try to "out liberal" the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Well,...to sum up.

*This* libertarian believe that looters deserve any misfortune that comes their way from anyone who decides to give it to them.

Riots aren't the time to attempt to push a political agenda which calls for limiting the power of the police.
    Nor is police occupation like in Boston, huh?

Boston wasn't a riot.

Boston wasn't a riot.
    Much the shame, IMHO *libertarian* mindset.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Much the shame, IMHO *libertarian* mindset.
    Looters aren't libertarians.

*libertarians* don't need protection from government. They prepare and protect themselves. Are you sure you are a *libertarian?*

Summed it up in three words.
    +rep
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

The woman speaking at 0:40 mark about a public servant being judge/jury/executioner comes across as informed, can such protestors be cultivated by asking them if they are aware that SWC droneking has also acted in similar fashion to channel their rage for broader change of mentality from the top?
    If all black supporters of SWC Obama who still support him were informed that he has also acted as judge/jury/executioner and his policies have killed thousands of innocen children/women, will his support among American black community drop from 90% to 20-30%?

Related

Hypothetical: Does thugish behavior trickle down to policing institutions from the top

Is the ongoing Surge of Police State in America a Surge of Karma?

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Summed it up in three words.
    +rep
    No. They are not. Neither are the police.

Well,...to sum up.

I haven't seen the police there do much at all to the looters. They've just been targeting people in general, and that's the problem.

Like last night, it was mostly calm until one person threw a bottle at the police. Then they broke out the tear gas on a mostly peaceful crowd and that stirred things up -- then the police let the looters loot. The only businesses they've done anything to protect are the Walmarts, Targets, etc -- those get MRAPs and perimeters, while small businesses are on their own.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-16-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast